Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Currently 2.2c here, looking to be cold all day!!

It looks that way for a few folks in the coming days, here's the air and surface temps from the NMM6 for tomorrow morning ...

post-15177-0-52331600-1385208887_thumb.p 

post-15177-0-88291900-1385208899_thumb.p

I'm between two tidal rivers here, so it keeps things slightly warmer when high pressure is situated as it currently is. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

It looks that way for a few folks in the coming days, here's the air and surface temps from the NMM6 for tomorrow morning ...

Posted Imageviewimage.png

Posted Imageviewimage (1).png

I'm between two tidal rivers here, so it keeps things slightly warmer when high pressure is situated as it currently is. Posted Image

Nice charts.... I do like a nice crisp cold sunny day....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Anything is better tan the rain we have had.. 2.3c and clear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

-0.1c with last nights frost still on the ground Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

Back for another season of ups and downs. Mullender83  location is ideal during marginal set ups due to his height above sea level as ever. 

Can the South West pull off a cracker?  COME ON!

• Like 1

Posted

Any chance of snow days coming up? I'm leaving my job at Christmas for a new one and the current one is driving me mad. I need a few days off. :D

Nope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Light frost here in Falmouth at 0c.

Guest William Grimsley

It was dry and cold with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm 00:00 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 7.2°C 12:25 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 10 mph 12:08 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 3 mph 12:06 Wind Run Yesterday: 8.7 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 11° N.

Edited by William Grimsley

Guest William Grimsley

There is a frost on the grass, the house and the 2 cars, here. Temperature: -0.8°C Low Temperature Today: -0.9°C 08:24.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Why beat around the bush, DD? If u'll excuse the expression.

She is a big girl now i'm sure she can handle it. Posted Image

No nothing wintry really at moment. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It got down to 0.6C this morning, no frost though.

Currently 8C. As you can see, it's not overcast, there's a few breaks of blue sky. :)

post-15177-0-54707400-1385298213_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

0.7c, This morning at 05:22.. Now  5.5c. with cloud.

Posted

It got down to 0.6C this morning, no frost though.

Currently 8C. As you can see, it's not overcast, there's a few breaks of blue sky. Posted Image

Posted ImageIMG_20131124_130142.jpg

You must have them all as there's nowt in any shade of blue over here!

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

It's remarkable that all this scaremongering and talk of Bartlett Highs last week for this week and beyond that today and yesterday is anything but mild. Gloucester quays yesterday was damn cold. If it's below 5 or 6c it feels cold. Yes not for snow but seasonal to say the least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A week on from the post below and have we made any progress from what was forecast then and is anything like to alter synoptically during the rest of November.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78461-model-output-discussion-131113/?p=2836909

Nope, De ja vu methinks, still chasing FI charts, which at this stage can be placed around the timeframe of t+168 and t+216 hours, due to the dead Atlantic. Having said all that, there are some positives regarding something more active turning up, by around the 3rd December. I'm not bothered by the current pattern because it should allow for interludes of colder plunges of air complete with snow across the near continent over the coming days. What has been striking so far, has been the severity of the Frosts in Western and Southwestern parts of this region and a good sign that the ground will be dry and chilly as we move into the first part of Winter proper.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Personally, I am getting a bit bored of this dead anticyclonic weather and it allready seems to have been around for weeks and not just days.

We should really be getting lots of fun wet and windy weather at this time of year, and it is quite dissapointing for me to still see no signs of the Atlantic properly waking up in the later frames of the model outputs.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Light rain here in Bournemouth @3.6C

Posted Image Variety being the spice of life.

Guest William Grimsley

It was damp and cold with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm 09:29 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 6.6°C 14:34 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 5 mph 17:31 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 1 mph 17:36 Wind Run Yesterday: 0.3 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 353° N.