Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted

The odd spot of rain about around here this eve and it's a bit chilly.

On more pressing matters. Anybody else see Craig Revel Horwood switch on the Salisbury Christmas lights this evening? No? Just me then...

Well you all missed out. :) There must have been at least 60 or 70 quids worth of fireworks involved. Unforgettable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Why? Do you not believe Cakie, William? There were a few showers about earlier as several folk have alluded to. As to the future, FI is getting ever pushed back I reckon with High Pressure dominating through the next six to seven days at least. Although some precipitation is possible on an incoming front come Sunday into Monday if non-wintry wetness floats your boat. Posted Image At least there should be some pleasant sunshine in abundance at least at first then the high attempts to re-orientate itself by the start of next week.

winter sunshine yippee! I can get my washing dry on the line! You have made my eve ...!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

There was Quite a constant and strong northeasterly wind here today and I was suprised as I thought the wind was suppose to be lighter!

Had a max gust of 33mph on the house and had I been able to go up to Castle hill there probably would have been 40-50mph gusts but of course it was a work day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

winter sunshine yippee! I can get my washing dry on the line! You have made my eve ...!

Only your evening, I'll have to try harder. Posted Image  You also won't know if I'm right yet, PB. Posted Image  What I do know is that December 24th will be..............

Christmas Eve and the day after will be Christmas Day. I do hope the white stuff comes in time for then as I want some early snow this season and start warming things up by February. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Christmas Eve and the day after will be Christmas Day. I do hope the white stuff comes in time for then as I want some early snow this season and start warming things up by February. Posted Image

My thoughts exactly. Daylight will be extending by then and any remaining cold should start to fade with signs of spring! Keep the snow December- Start of Feb :) 

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

It was damp and cold with a moderate wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm 01:44 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 8.3°C 14:18 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 24 mph 09:14 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 9 mph 10:35 Wind Run Yesterday: 52.4 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 357° N.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Scraping ice this morning...Posted Image

Beats scraping the Barrel. Posted Image Only 1.9c here so alas no Air Frost but the car windscreen ice is there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

All the Farmers have been saying,this Winter will be bad.....so they say,round ere! Also this Madden chap( who in the hell is he???!!!) If you read his stuff, the UK, is going to go into Melt down!! All we can do is hope that we get a dose of the White Stuff :)

• Like 1

Posted

Untreated roads were lethal around here this morning with a thick hoar frost and ice.

Beautiful sunny day with scattered Cumulus, a gentle NE breeze and currently 6.8c after 1.0c minimum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

All the Farmers have been saying,this Winter will be bad.....so they say,round ere! Also this Madden chap( who in the hell is he???!!!) If you read his stuff, the UK, is going to go into Melt down!! All we can do is hope that we get a dose of the White Stuff Posted Image

This Madden Chap is what can only be described as an irritant, like the warnings you see on the back of some chemicals!!  Completely sensationalizes our winter, and charges people for the privilege. The amount of friends of mine, that know I take a keen interest in the weather, keep saying oh have you seen the daily express today, I instantly tell them they are better off licking the end of their finger, poking it in the air and guessing what the weather will be like this winter, rather than reading that dribble.

Anyway, rant over, nice layer of frost on the car, shed and garages this morning. Currently beautifully sunny outside, none to warm though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

This Madden Chap is what can only be described as an irritant, like the warnings you see on the back of some chemicals!!  Completely sensationalizes our winter, and charges people for the privilege. The amount of friends of mine, that know I take a keen interest in the weather, keep saying oh have you seen the daily express today, I instantly tell them they are better off licking the end of their finger, poking it in the air and guessing what the weather will be like this winter, rather than reading that dribble.

Anyway, rant over, nice layer of frost on the car, shed and garages this morning. Currently beautifully sunny outside, none to warm though.

Thats what i thought,the trouble is people take what he's saying as Red…… Bless them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

4.0c. Partly cloudy. Northerly breeze 5.0 km/h. Cold...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Erm has the mobile theme been updated??Another rather chilly day here today though, with quite a good deal of sunshine! Feeling like a nice winters day today!

Yeah - Looks good doesn't it? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Pretty cold for Falmouth tonight! Around 0-2c here currently! Could we get an air frost?

Beautiful day though. First cloudless day in a very long time. With no wind it didnt feel too bad during the day actually!

Edited by Blizzards

Guest William Grimsley

It was dry and cold with a moderate wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm 00:00 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 7.1°C 13:14 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 19 mph 13:36 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 7 mph 13:37 Wind Run Yesterday: 40.5 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 14° NNE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Although the model output is a bit like ground hog day with the high pressure drifting over us and moving position ever so slightly from run to run. The weather is just wonderful for this time of year. Beautiful sunshine, frost most mornings and calm conditions. Happy to have this for the next 7 to 10 days.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

A friend of mine has just put on FB the temp at 6:30am this morning, whilst travelling from Launceston to Bodmin, in his car was reading -7. I know car readings are not particularly accurate, nevertheless that's a lot colder than was forecasted last night on the regional news.

This weather is great at the moment, cold and sunny.....hope it stays a good while yet!

Posted

Lovely here this morning! Heavy ground frost, and (without having a weather station) I believe we've had an air frost. Also nice and sunny, and very calm out there :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Decent frost this morning. -4.2c and still a ground frost in the shade with an air temperature of 2c.

Apart from nice dry crisp weather nothing exciting winter wise on horison though.