Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

So it appears that a spell of colder zonal conditions are on the way. Talk of Scotland and northern hills getting some white stuff with cold filtering down south every so often.In light of this do the higher parts of the south west benefit from polar maritime air or are we just out of reach for some hill top snow?

It is quite possible, tends to be wet snow that lasts for 24/48 hours but I have seen some impressive snowfall over the years from pm and rpm air source although tends to pop up unexpectedly and not always forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It was calm just a moment ago, within minutes, it turned extremely windy!

Currently 9C after a high of 12C and 3.2mm of sporadic light rain through the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

6.4c. Max 11.3c.At 14:22. Precipitation  2.1mm Total for the month  4.8mm.

Posted

Breezy Day.. 27.o km/h being the strongest. Mild at 10.5c.

Posted

Gusty.24.5 km/h. . Raining . 10.4c.. Nobody else about..Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image 

Posted

A wild evening in Wiltshire with heavy rain after a windy and dry day. Some very moody fast moving clouds as the LOW approached through the afternoon.

Posted

Gusty.24.5 km/h. . Raining . 10.4c.. Nobody else about..Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image 

Sadly this is what the netweather regional threads were like before winters got interesting 2008 onwards... Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Sadly this is what the netweather regional threads were like before winters got interesting 2008 onwards... Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image

Lol, that's right!! Pretty stormy out there, some violent gusts, proper winter out there!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

horrendously mild at 10.6 but had half an inch of rain today with a peak gust of 28mph. Mind you I want more......

Just got a weather station and for the first two weeks it was a bit dull what with the euro slug about but now....this is more like it.

Looking forward to the next bout of weather!!

Now yes 2008 and all that, i have to admit i joined TWO back in early 2009 and more recently here i often wondered what non cold winter would be like on the forums......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Pretty wet and windy here this evening with the highest gust being 39mph which is not far below the 43mph gust I got a week or so ago. The whole ground is sodden from the rain.

Anxiously waiting for this low coming next thursday, a long way out yet but if it does hit us it would likely bring some very high gusts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

there weren't any regional threads prior to 2008! Posted Image

I'll start a new thread this afternoon in preparation for what looks like a pretty lively week, weatherwise' for our region

• Like 1

Posted

there weren't any regional threads prior to 2008! Posted Image

I'll start a new thread this afternoon in preparation for what looks like a pretty lively week, weatherwise' for our region

I was keeping an eye on the precip charts yesterday, it seemed like an area of rain later today could cause a few problems. After looking at 5 different models, I couldn't make my mind up as to exactly where might be affected :lol:

Then I checked the met office site; http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1387065600 :)

post-15177-0-24655300-1387110561_thumb.j post-15177-0-57599900-1387110580_thumb.j

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Walked along Sidmouth sea front, waves were a wind blown mess but half a dozen hardy surfers out. The fog on the higher ground around Colyford/Beer is thick. Be careful.

Posted

there weren't any regional threads prior to 2008! Posted Image

They used to open regional threads for cold spells though if I remember correctly to stop mod threads and general threads from becoming overloaded with imby comments?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Yep, persistent heavy rain, radar says more more and more to come. much better than the dull weather of late, much more like it!!Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Blowy and heaving it down here .All good fun ............

Posted

Gusty damp day.    12.0c...In the dark..

Posted

Yep, persistent heavy rain, radar says more more and more to come. much better than the dull weather of late, much more like it!!Posted Image

8.4mm so far, regular 25mph gusts too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

8.4mm so far, regular 25mph gusts too.

Yep identical here, 8.4mm, regular gusts of around 25mph also.

Max rain rate of 4.8mm at 16:52

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, new thread coming shortly.....link to follow

Posted