Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Yep, I don't think we will really get a handle on what we can expect for the festive period now until around 13th-16th December, even then we are probably still too far out to be sure.

The way I see it in order:

1st place   -    High Pressure still dominant over Europe with UK in s'westerly flow, but generally dry and Posted Image

2nd Place - More active Atlantic, pinging between PM and TM flow, mildish, followed by coolish, but pretty unsettled Posted Image

3rd place outsider - Heights building to our North/North East allowing the NE/E Flow eventually bringing in the cold Posted Image

Just my highly uneducated observations of the models over the past dull few runs, with a bit of gut feeling chucked in for good measure as I won't get slandered for it in here Posted Image

Fair predictions there karlos!

For what it's worth, I think with such a strong vortex, highly positive AO etc, our best chances of cold will be from late January into February onwards. No particular reasoning for this, apart from the strong vortex currently, just gut feeling otherwise! And I believe that if we want deep cold we're going to have to have some assistance from the strat.

Anyway, all just my opinion, take it as a load of rubbish or gospel, just don't hold me to it when we get a raging Atlantic late January :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Wow...The sun is out. Broken cloud. 8.3c. Southerly breeze 6.8 km/h.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Glorious here, sunny and 12C

I was up at 6am for a few hours spinning down at Kimmeridge bay, i was hoping for a gorgeous sunset but cloud rolled in at the last moment and it started spitting with rain, it did clear up though. I took these using a special function on my camera, they look nice i think?

post-15177-0-82029700-1386507579_thumb.j post-15177-0-54944100-1386507722_thumb.j post-15177-0-11608300-1386507881_thumb.j

• Like 6

Posted

Glorious here, sunny and 12C

I was up at 6am for a few hours spinning down at Kimmeridge bay, i was hoping for a gorgeous sunset but cloud rolled in at the last moment and it started spitting with rain, it did clear up though. I took these using a special function on my camera, they look nice i think?

Posted ImagePC080166.JPG Posted ImagePC080168.JPG Posted ImagePC080154.JPG

Those are fantastic pictures Mapantz.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Absolutely stunning photos Mapantz!You certainly have a photographers eye!

• Like 1

Posted

Is it Spring? Lovely afternoon for a walk.

A week ago we were looking at a bitter Northerly this weekend yet here we are with the whole region in double figures!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

A week ago we were looking at a bitter Northerly this weekend yet here we are with the whole region in double figures!

Hopefully the same treatment will be dished out to the vile output we're being subjected to for the coming weeks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

It certainly isn't winter out there that's for sure! Posted Image

7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Very busy old afternoon in the garden, definitely no coat required and with the sun very springlike. Unfortunately that means a lot of weeds...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

It felt rather warm today on our beach walk, didn't have to wear coats... don't think snow be be here any time soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Been nice to have some milder temperatures, 10-12c today. Pleasant. :)

If this is to be a mild winter, hopefully summer will be good. Not writing winter off by any means nor does the weather work like that but I can hope. Would rather spend hot sunny days here in Falmouth than a cold and snowy one elsewhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Nice to see some sunshine!!!!!!  Talking to my next door,this morning, about how nice it was to see a bit of Blue Sky. Then the conversation went like this……'yeah it is nice, better make the most of it" "Why??" i said. "Well, Greg( her chap she's seeing) and the other Farmers are saying, after Christmas we are going to have 3 months of really cold and Snowy Weather, so i thought i might start to get a few things in, you know,sack of Potatoes, U.H.T Milk, a few more Tin stuff and some Flower, to make some Bread"  I'm speechless, my Eyes have popped out of my head and all i could say was "WHAT???!!!!,REALLY??????!!!!!!!!" "Yeah, thats what they are all saying"she said…. Im thinking, i've just looked on the MOD thread and all i've read for Days and Days  (apart from the gfuqhgfpjhing, handbags at Dawn and I'm right,  your wrong!!! kinda stuff ) is Mild, Mild, Mild, for what seams like forever and and ever………Monday Mornings, don't you just love them!…... OR, over the Hill, Bruton way, they knows whats what….them there Farmers. Que Twilight Zone Music. Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

Nice to see some sunshine!!!!!!  Talking to my next door,this morning, about how nice it was to see a bit of Blue Sky. Then the conversation went like this……'yeah it is nice, better make the most of it" "Why??" i said. "Well, Greg( her chap she's seeing) and the other Farmers are saying, after Christmas we are going to have 3 months of really cold and Snowy Weather, so i thought i might start to get a few things in, you know,sack of Potatoes, U.H.T Milk, a few more Tin stuff and some Flower, to make some Bread"  I'm speechless, my Eyes have popped out of my head and all i could say was "WHAT???!!!!,REALLY??????!!!!!!!!" "Yeah, thats what they are all saying"she said…. Im thinking, i've just looked on the MOD thread and all i've read for Days and Days  (apart from the caravaning, handbags at Dawn and I'm right,  your wrong!!! kinda stuff ) is Mild, Mild, Mild, for what seams like forever and and ever………Monday Mornings, don't you just love them!…... OR, over the Hill, Bruton way, they knows whats what….them there Farmers. Que Twilight Zone Music. Posted Image Posted Image

Ooops don't know how Caravanning got in there was meant to be gfuqhgfpjhing. lol

Posted

Ooops don't know how Caravanning got in there was meant to be caravaning. lol

Won't let me put a Swear word in,the one that means a Female Dog with 'ing' on the end of it.!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

There was an awful lot of fog here this morning but it has broken up to allow some sun to come out.

Really glad we had that windy day a few days ago as it still doesn't look like this high pressure is going anywhere soon. The models are showing some more unsettled interesting weather by the end of next week but I have a feeling that these charts will just be pushed back again.

One can only hope I guess.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Good evening! It was a cracking day once again, and hit 11.9C. Currently it's 6.3C and clear enough to show a lovely first-quarter moon :)

post-15177-0-46270900-1386610558_thumb.j post-15177-0-49313500-1386610592_thumb.j post-15177-0-93715900-1386610670_thumb.j post-15177-0-90824600-1386610728_thumb.j

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

What a lovely day today... I do like these mild days.. This one was this morning at daybreak.

• Like 5

Posted

Great photos Mapantz and Snowkissed.

Usually in winter a clear evening would be frosty by now but it's still above 5c, not expecting a frost either just another very heavy dew like this morning which looked more like the after effects of a rainy night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Netweather finally has the snow risk back!! Yes, its very small and yes, its in FI.... But its still there!! Posted Image

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor
  • Like 1

Posted

9.9C down here, just couldn't manage that smidgen to double figures. This doing well as we head for mid December and double figures(well almost), who would have thought it?