Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Hello all,I just need to catch up on the last couple of pages in here as there are some intriguing posts from some I see. However, the latest radar grab has caught my eye, keep a close watch over the batch of precipitation currently above Northern and Central parts of England as it contains everything from rain, wet snow to freezing rain according to the NW radar. I anticipate it reaching our neck of the woods, more especially towards Eastern parts of this region perhaps and into the SE between 9.30pm and 10.30pm.1950GMT 2011113 NW v6 radar.png

can you give me a rough estimate of which area its showing the wet snow at currently?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

can you give me a rough estimate of which area its showing the wet snow at currently?

The second batch is suggested as showing wet snow etc. However, we need to take caution with these observations I believe because they aren't always directly correlated to what's happening at the surface. Oddly, I think I've made that mistake but nonetheless there is hope because that is mighty couple of batches of precipitation which are coming into slowly cooling Temperatures and it's very heavy too. Posted Image

Posted

The second batch is suggested as showing wet snow etc. However, we need to take caution with these observations I believe because they aren't always directly correlated to what's happening at the surface. Oddly, I think I've made that mistake but nonetheless there is hope because that is mighty couple of batches of precipitation which are coming into slowly cooling Temperatures and it's very heavy too. Posted Image

nice one mate!!hopefully the midlands and the south east get a dusting tonight!!!

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

here is a cold jan 47 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbaEJC_eLNw

• Like 2

Posted

That would be awesome! Is there some on the way do you know?? I haven't been checking....

Well there are showers feeding into Cornwall and Devon... Nothing to back up that they may be wintry, but I feel it is a distinct possibility, especially in heavier showers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow cold weather and storms

Any chance of icy rain or sleety snowy mix on the iow tonite ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Down to 1.4c now so any PPN could be interesting tonight...

Well there are showers feeding into Cornwall and Devon... Nothing to back up that they may be wintry, but I feel it is a distinct possibility, especially in heavier showers!

I noticed that on the radar, will keep looking out of the window and keep you informed!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow and storms

Just driven back from Bucklebury to Arborfield and aronnd Theale (j12 of M4) experienced what I think was a hail storm just after 8pm. Very heavy rain suddenly turned to hail possibly with wet snow and within a couple of minutes the car and road were covered. I had to pull over it was coming down so hard. Car thermometer said 3c outside. Has anyone else experienced this today ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Currently 4C, DP 1.7, WB 3.1. All falling, but I;m not holding my breath. Maybe Oxon and Berks will get lucky? My friend just posted a pic on facebook of a dusting in Leeds.

• Like 2

Posted

Not sure if it's just me but it seems the ppn is moving westwards towards us?

It does look like it's heading that way, but to what extent it'll go westwards, we'll see!*edit* definitely tracking westward now, don't think this was expected??*edit again* the GFS seems to show the precip moving westwards, so looks like it was expected! Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Possibly this area of precipitaton could move into this area but on many occasions these set ups do tend to break up ,but we should know within hour or so ,possible sleety mix for some ,unless we get lucky ,certainly feeling chilly when out with dog an hour ago .Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Ok... Well I checked the radar and then popped my head outside with the security light on.. Looks like rain with a touch of sleet... Confirm anyone? It didn't feel very warm outside mind so I didn't stay long!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Its tracking westwards but how far im not sure I expect wilts and glouc might see some. Would be nice to see my first snow of the season. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

All seems to be rain on the Radar south of the north Midlands as far as I can see. Doesn't seem to be breaking up, certainly on the southern edge it seems to be picking up if anything?

Posted

net weather radar paints a wintry mix on ppn type I see. Posted Image 

Move westwards!!  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Oh, maybe I should invest then, I use Weather Pro....... Been pretty accurate in the past mind.

Posted

Think there was some one on the south east thread mentioning it a littl more wintry near Hatfield? I may have imagined it or got it confused with some snow cup they are Doing or something.. I dunno I am too tired. Prob best I go to sleep because as soon as I do.. It will snow. I jinx it every time if I stay up to watch!

Posted

The ppn heading south southwest does seem slightly more organised than I had imagined on earlier forecasts does it not?

Posted

The ppn heading south southwest does seem slightly more organised than I had imagined on earlier forecasts does it not?

I agree, the BBC forecast i watched earlier showed patchy rain more than anything and it also seems alot further West than originally forecast!

Posted

Ello Ello. Wind has picked up in last five mins and having just looked at the radar and then the south east and London thread reports of wet snow over north London I think it was where ppn on radar showing to be heavier.... Damn that means I have to stay awake longer if I can. Apparently it is also quite snowy up norf in Yorkshire.

Posted

Should we be getting excited?I haven't invested in the radar yet so please excuse the questions until I get over my tightness and flex the debit card. :)

Think the likelihood for us is rain daisy, may be a bit sleety in heavier downpours, but wouldn't be surprised if it was just rain... Would love to be proven wrong though!
  • Like 1

Posted

Honestly I don't think it will make it that far west but you never know daisy Posted Image

Temperature is a little high at moment but dew points are good here Posted Image 3.3c dew point -1c Posted Image

• Like 1