Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Well, that was good fun while it lasted - about 3 minutes! Temp has now dropped to 6.0C, over 2 degrees in an hour. DP 4.2C, WB 5.5C.

Posted

I was fully expecting the heaviest rain today to be on the Cold Front, however it was actually heavier here near the Warm Front between 06.00-09.00 as a succession of heavy showers and downpours raced in from the Bristol Channel whereas the Cold Front/squall line passed through with a weaker section right overhead!

Speaking of the showers/downpours first thing, does anybody know why they were so heavy when forecasts last night (including Ian's on Points West) showed and spoke of light patchy rain before the more active Cold Front.

Increasingly sunny now.

Let's play "guess when the cold front went through"!...

Posted ImageTdry-Twet-Tdew_RH_0-324-2013_13-324-2013_-10_30_0_100_small_unfin.png

Not sure!? Lol !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow and storms

Fair enough. I think the overnight lows were progged around -2c,-3c so not too far off I suppose. Will be 5-6c by morning, so a quick rise but wet

Arborfield is a small village outside Reading and we live on the village edge surrounded by open countryside. I think the Reading Met office / BBC temperature is based on the town centre.  My weather station recorded a minimum last night of -5.2c before the cloud and milder air arrived.  At 6.30am this morning it was already +1.5c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Can report the first snow of Winter, albeit very wet and mixed with ice pellets and hail in a shower just passed. Very fast changing conditions today.

• Like 5

Posted

Can report the first snow of Winter, albeit very wet and mixed with ice pellets and hail in a shower just passed. Very fast changing conditions today.

That's intriguing (there was hail here) given the radar showing a large batch of showery conditions heading this way for a few hours time and that the temperature is already down to 3.3c despite the last hour being the sunniest part of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Nice to hear gibby Posted Image

Wonder if we will see any later on this evening? It would be nice to see some at home after around 6pm over the hills although bbc graphics show most over east of region. Lots of showers over Wales at the moment.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

heres a video for you lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6WZeKFHGkM

I am working on more videos and will post them as I finish

• Like 3

Posted

I was up near Shaftesbury this afternoon when the cold front moved through at about 14:15. Temperature dropped from 7.5 to 2 degrees as a large convective cloud moved through on the back edge with squally wind and heavy rain. The rain then turned to sleet and small soft hail as the temperature dropped away.

i forget who it was who earlier today  said 'possible sleet if precipitation is heavy enough', but that call was spot on! I wasn't expecting the temperture to get quite so low or to see sleet here in Dorset.

Edited by egret

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

If temps fall a little below what is forecasted tonight we could see some sleet, praying

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Ian F's tweet earlier today was encouraging but looking at latest forecast that is little mention of anything wintry for our region.  Posted Image

3.9c

Posted

Had some good hail showers earlier today here in North Bristol and what is falling now has some ice in amongst it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Had some good hail showers earlier today here in North Bristol and what is falling now has some ice in amongst it

Yea I am getting sleet mixed with the rain from a shower we just had. Mostly rain though :p Feels mighty chilly still!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

You could be in for some wintry showers tonight beast!

That would be awesome! Is there some on the way do you know?? I haven't been checking....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Unfortunately, the temperature profile at 2,500 ft [925mbs] is just above freezing so hence caution for anything wintry im afraid...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by ANYWEATHER

Posted

And this is the chart to prove it!!

post-6830-0-88304600-1384975724_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just had a sleet shower which had hail coming down for a good 5 minutes before it turned sleety. A few flakes mixed in. Temp 2.7c.

Posted

Probably was graupel. not Sleet, dewpoints are too highPosted Image

Posted

Unfortunately, the temperature profile at 2,500 ft [925mbs] is just above freezing so hence caution for anything wintry im afraid...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Well we still have all winter yet so im not too worried at the moment! Edited by Beast of Dartmoor
  • Like 1

Posted

You are well placed to see some winteriness as you are at more than 1200ft !

Well I guess its down to a nowcast!! The usual forecasts do sometimes get it wrong.... they say rain and snow falls which is always good!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello all,

I just need to catch up on the last couple of pages in here as there are some intriguing posts from some I see. However, the latest radar grab has caught my eye, keep a close watch over the batch of precipitation currently above Northern and Central parts of England as it contains everything from rain, wet snow to freezing rain according to the NW radar. I anticipate it reaching our neck of the woods, more especially towards Eastern parts of this region perhaps and into the SE between 9.30pm and 10.30pm.

post-7183-0-56769800-1384977967_thumb.pn

• Like 2