Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That's interesting, as the met office only predict it getting down to 0C tonight...http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/reading-reading#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1384905600Or is Arborfield usually quite a bit colder than reading?

-3c in Headigton,Oxon at moment so quite a reasonable temperature observation I would of thought before we get milder air with the system through second half of night.

Posted

-3c in Headigton,Oxon at moment so quite a reasonable temperature observation I would of thought before we get milder air with the system through second half of night.

I wasn't questioning the observation, I was just wondering if maybe it's colder than expected out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I wasn't questioning the observation, I was just wondering if maybe it's colder than expected out there!

Fair enough. I think the overnight lows were progged around -2c,-3c so not too far off I suppose. Will be 5-6c by morning, so a quick rise but wet Edited by Mark N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

-1.8c at the moment, still slowly dropping so comfortably the coldest so far this season :)

Guest William Grimsley

It was damp and cold with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm 05:04 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 7.6°C 12:58 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 13 mph 14:34 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 2 mph 03:56 Wind Run Yesterday: 4.4 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 317° NW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I was taken the left trouser leg out of yesterday for saying that there could be something interesting on Thursday morning, it's defo possible we could see some sleet or wet snow, especially the north east of the region, watch this spaceTaken the mickey out of *

When, where and by whom, let's get them. I see some hope later tonight but not so sure about tomorrow but at least where there's hope there is always a chance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A good couple of hours of heavy precipitation on the radar which was one of the ingredients required for wintriness as hinted at by fergieweather. However given the timing of the band and where it looks to be heading i.e. slipping Southeastwards well away from the bulk of this region, I feel there is little chance of anything much at all. Should the showers which are following it intensify then perhaps that's where we should be focussing our attention later this PM and into the evening. Snow falling up the North in Scotland as I type.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Low of  -0.8c  At 00:21 This morning. Light rain/sleet 06:20 turning to light rain Ending at 08:10  .Precipitation total  only  1.5mm For my spot..

Now overcast. 6.2c' Humidity 95%. Pressure 1005.6 hpa. Breeze s.w  6.5 kmh.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Morning! It got down to -1.8C at 12:30am but it didn't last long, temperatures shot back up again.

Currently 9C and overcast.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

This band of rain is hitting us at the worst time - the warmest part of the day. Shame it isn't in the evening hours, might have been a chance of something wintry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Some strong gusts now at 10.45 am ,if you look on radar it should get very lively soon as a line of very hvy rain crosses us over next two hrs .then any showers later today could give us some sleet perhaps but not banking on it .interesting all the same .Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

From Ian;

"Squally cold front moving S giving wintry mix in places. Later afternoon, some wet snow poss, esp. Cotswolds, upland B&NES/Wilts"

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Wet cold and nasty outside.

Slightly sleety in heavy pulses at work which is around 100m absl so possible later for a lucky few that get showers this evening maybe?

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Here in Henley there's some hail mixed in with rain currently hitting the window - very gusty too. All the leaves are down now. Posted Image

Posted

Indeed, same as others I am reporting hail and gusty winds. I want to see the Temps fall somewhat after the front has passed as I'm currently slightly below average so not especially cold at 7.1c. Bring on more wintriness later this afternoon into tonightPosted Image, although the radar looks far from lively after the main event despite fergies upbeat tweet. Time will tell.

Posted

Take that back, sleet showing up in the isolated showery bits over Wales at the moment, according to NW radar. Keep your eyes peeled on Temps, Dewpoints and Wet Bulb Temps where possible peeps.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

8.1C here at the moment, after a low of -1.1 overnight. DP 6.9 and rising, WB 7.3. Pressure is 1002 mb however falling rapidly as that squall line approaches. Doesn't look like there's any convective potential left in the part that's sweeping over the coast, although there have been some recent lightning strikes to the ENE. Looks like northern France is getting battered right now!

Posted

Hail now failing over Bournemouth

Yep, hail and heavy rain here too; all mixed up with squally winds. It's black as your hat out there.

Posted

Let's play "guess when the cold front went through"!...

post-7600-0-70702500-1384950938_thumb.pn

• Like 1