Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Light drizzle mist. should sop at 18:00.  7.7c.

Posted

It could be that Cornwall get the first snow of the season in our area!! Now that would be something....

Not really given a cold N/NW airflow bringing showers in from the Atlantic.

I was in Cornwall on 1st/2nd November last year and experienced snow, sleet and hail showers on the moors.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What a god awful evening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

My temp have gone up a bit 6.1 to 6.5 in the last 30-45 mins.But bbc says it should be 8c where i live?? WTF???

It's normal to have a bit of discrepancy, BBC local forecasts aren't the most accurate predictions.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Currently 5c here.... Met office have me down for heavy snow from 0300 to 0900 tomorrow. Not so sure about that!!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I wouldn't discount it beast! I think you are best located in region to see first snow with that exposure to northerly showers and altitude on your side! I'm hoping to see an upgrade from the clearing front on Wednesday in these sheltered parts. Posted Image 5.3c here also.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

While the colder uppers (-4 to -6C) flood in over night and into tomorrow, the 0C isotherm level remains quite high (600 to 700m) so if anything wintry did come along, it would be for the extreme high ground and that may only be due to isothermic drag.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

5.7 here. Think I might pop up to the top of the moor for some snow spotting early tomorrow....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well the ECM delivers our best hopes, an Easterly. Yes please, continent cooling nicely throughout the run. Happy days if* it comes off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Bit of a temp drop this evening

Fromey

post-8439-0-81395700-1384801905_thumb.jp

Posted

Might just take a trip to Princetown tomorrow just in case!!! Would be great for Cornwall to see a few flakes before the rest of the region but don't forget to send it on up to the line.

• Like 3

Posted

I wouldn't discount it beast! I think you are best located in region to see first snow with that exposure to northerly showers and altitude on your side! I'm hoping to see an upgrade from the clearing front on Wednesday in these sheltered parts. Posted Image 5.3c here also.

I hope you are right Mulls, then it will be you next! Its very tempting to stay up for a nowcast.... May set my alarm for during the night! Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted

Might just take a trip to Princetown tomorrow just in case!!! Would be great for Cornwall to see a few flakes before the rest of the region but don't forget to send it on up to the line.

You should he able to look up the hill and see if anything settled... But be sure that I will certainly be posting as well!Currently 3.1c at the moment, certainly felt colder tonight at drill....
  • Like 1

Posted

Winter weather advice issued as cold snap forecast for South Devon

TORBAY Council and TOR2 are geared up to do battle with the elements thrown at the Bay this winter.

With the first real cold snap of this winter forecast to hit this week, winter highways maintenance and emergency plans are already in place, and will be activated as necessary to tackle various weather conditions. Torbay Council spends about £150,000 on winter maintenance on its roads during a typical season. Keeping the highway network available involves the salting of strategic routes and snow clearance during severe weather. This service is provided to make the roads as safe as possible for the conditions and to keep any delays caused by adverse weather to a minimum.

The work is carried out by TOR2's fleet of gritters acting in reaction to weather predictions from the Meteogroup forecast provider. Forecasting is aided by the council's modernised weather station on the Ring Road together with knowledge gained from a thermal map of the Bay. More than 1,100 tonnes of salt are stored in TOR2's salt barn or on order for use when required. The council's Network Management Team is responsible for winter maintenance. Out of a total of 555 kilometres, or 344 miles, 180 kilometres or 111 miles of priority routes are routinely treated through precautionary salting when the weather conditions demand it. These includes A and B classified roads, strategic C classified routes, strategic bus routes, roads outside schools, routes servicing emergency service locations and other strategic distributor roads. However, not all roads will be treated.

Cllr Ray Hill, executive lead for highways, transport and environment, said: "The highways teams provide a vital front-line service to our residents and visitors throughout the year. In the winter they face additional challenges, and they deserve our gratitude for their efforts, sometimes in extremely poor weather conditions, in treating many roads and helping to keep traffic on the move. "They cannot treat every road, so we must remind people that some residential streets and footpaths will not be treated. In order to address this, there are salt bins located across the Bay. We are inviting residents to help themselves to small quantities of salt from these bins and keep it in something like a strong carrier bag or bucket so they can use it when it's needed. "The spreading of salt on streets and pavements should be carried out before temperatures drop towards zero as this helps prevent the formation of ice." 

Guest William Grimsley

There was a bit of sleet last night. Though, no snow settled. But, the dew point was low enough for sleet. However, there is a dusting of snow this morning, on the top of Dartmoor. Though, it's only damp this morning, here.

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 2