Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Where was all the rain that was forecasted this week? I'm not in to bashing but it really has been a poor week for forecasting! I don't know why they bother with the 5 day forecasts on Sunday's, it hardly ever pans out as they say it does, unless high pressure is slap bang over the top of the UK Posted Image

12C and dry currently. 

It's interesting that you should mention the Sunday updates as I must say I largely ignore general model outputs over the weekend as in some quarters they have been said that they don't incorporate as much data. Personally, if the trend out to FI is set on Thursday or Friday, you can bet that'll be quite accurate on a broad scale right through to the beginning of the next week. For same said reason, most fluctuations in the Model outputs occur at the weekend, rather than during the week. Then of course, there are the pub runs. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Really frustrating after such a dull day yesterday that today remains cloudy with a hang back of frontal cloud. Clear blue sky has been visible to the N/NW all day and at most here there's been a little hazy sunshine.

I expect the sun will come out as it slowly sets into the clear sky and the one saving grace maybe a colourful sunset if the high cloud does hang around.

Posted

I expect the sun will come out as it slowly sets into the clear sky and the one saving grace maybe a colourful sunset if the high cloud does hang around.

Which it was tonight down here , lovely sunset with the high cloud

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

There are quite a few showers moving into E Cornwall ad W Devon, at the moment. However, these showers are loosing their intensity as they move W to E over W Devon, at the moment. But, some of these showers are heavy on the W coast of Cornwall, at the moment.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Yeah, a batch of heavy rain coming this way, shows the rain over me on the radar, but nothing falling as of yet!

Edit: it's now raining... Typical!

Edited by dec10snow

Guest William Grimsley

There has already been some heavy rain this morning. It was so heavy that you could hear every drop hit the roof. It was like a stampede of elephants. The lane was a brown river earlier, here.

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

It was dry and cool with a moderate wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm 00:00 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 11.7°C 00:00 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 11 mph 01:53 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 5 mph 13:02 Wind Run Yesterday: 19.1 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 243° WSW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

As i elluded to in the heavy rain watch thread, had one of the best downpours of the year this morning. 6mm fell in around 9 minutes. There's been steady rain for most of the morning. 12.4mm so far.

Currently dry & calm and 9.4C Posted Image

Posted

Last week the forecast for Friday 1st November was wet, it turned out largely dry.

This week the forecast for today was sunshine and showers, it's turned out very wet!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Very light rain, 2.7mm so far.  Temperature  7.2c.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Agree with some of the sentiments above. Forecast for today this week was for showers and it was only yesterday that some rain was mentioned as a possibility for this area. This has somehow become 5 hours of rain - and still raining.

Posted

A real lack of sunshine this week after Monday and to a lesser extent Tuesday pm.

Wednesday was dull all day, yesterday only had brief hazy sun due to frontal cloud hanging around and today has been the pinnacle of it all with clear sky until sunrise and clear sky after sunset but a dull and wet day in between - the cloud couldn't have been more perfectly timed!

It also looks like being basically clear all night with another bout of cloud and rain moving in soon after sunrise tomorrow!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Currently 5c and just had some icy rain here.... Could be a cold night!

Yup, looking that way;post-12721-0-65764500-1383933754_thumb.jA few of us might even get an air frost if your from a more prone, rural location.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A real lack of sunshine this week after Monday and to a lesser extent Tuesday pm.

Wednesday was dull all day, yesterday only had brief hazy sun due to frontal cloud hanging around and today has been the pinnacle of it all with clear sky until sunrise and clear sky after sunset but a dull and wet day in between - the cloud couldn't have been more perfectly timed!

It also looks like being basically clear all night with another bout of cloud and rain moving in soon after sunrise tomorrow!!

I was about to say the very same thing, I think 2 minutes of sun at each end of the day. I suppose it would help us get a cold night. The temperature is already falling sharply.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Yup, looking that way;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

A few of us might even get an air frost if your from a more prone, rural location.

Nice....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

A chilly 5.6c at the moment.

What a terrible week though I hate these wet awful days that are just slightly on the cold side with 4 - 8c ish but of no use to anyone except make those like myself working outside miserable. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I'll have cold and cold with a side serving of cold.

Just had a flash a lightening and crash of thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Had two thunderstorms pass over already tonight, the first one crept up and knocked the power out - not had that happen for years! Lots of hail, and very chilly 2.8c out there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Had a few distant rumbles here earlier and there have also been a load of showers come through during the evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Didn't realise thunderstorms were on the cards for tonight. Best keep an eye open for flashes. Seems the showers coming in off the Bristol Channel are slightly weakening though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

So often recently have we seen showers stream of the Bristol Channel.

Plenty of activity out there now hitting the usual areas prone to Channel showers.