Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 04/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

jp, Saturday evening. It's always a shame as they put on a great display, only for it to be obscured by smoke. Not really a hollow, as such, but in the lea of a big hill to the north

Posted

hi stun

sat night

you should see a slight westerly breeze

if i show ecm

Posted Image

breezy but not strong

should be a good one

mist may be a slight problem but hopefully the wind direction should favour you and keep it away

will look again tomorrow for you

john

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks John. I really appreciate the charts etc. Haven't bothered with a TV forecast for ages...and then only do it to show the missus what you (and others) have already shown. By which time it's usually too late (thought the high winds were at least also predicted by the MetO in good time)

Log chopping it is though, by the looks of next week.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

drop from the 19th on

back to average on the 24th

although fi is 22nd as big spread

model watching is getting interesting now

until tomorrow evening

goodnight all Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Good morning all. A sneaky unexpected rain shower is just passing through the London area at the moment, with another little band heading this way. Not amounting to much at all but I just thought I would mention it.

Iv'e noticed a few 'old timers' have rejoined this thread as we head towards winter, but I can't help wondering where one or two of of our regular posters throughout the year have gone just recently. I do hope the likes of Tom and Tamara are ok.

Christmas is apparently drawing ever nearer. It's time I went into hibernation. Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Hi JP.

Appreciate your informative posts as always but for some of us christmas is not the fun filled festival of joy it's portrayed to be. Hence my desire to hibernate any time soon. If thats under a blanket of snow I'm fine with that.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy winters

hi blue

fair enough mate

just flick in every now and then to say hi

be nice to hear from you

best regards mate

john

JP,  you are top manPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all. It's cold again Posted Image

Off to Kings Cross today for fun times at BUPA, luckily the only thing being checked up are my credentials as a potential employee of their establishment.

• Like 2

Posted

Good luck with you interview Matt, you certainly seem to have had a few recently.

Morning all, on this bright morning, look like a very slight frost this morning, got an an exciting day today, off to doctors to get my prescriptions renewed, then got to to have 2 new tyres fitted, whose say I don't lead the high life :-) then to the office to start a new design of a fridge plant, that will keep my busy until around February next year, be nice to get the old grey cells working, just worked it out that my last design was over 2 years ago, oh the fun of running your own company, funny how you get all the grotty jobs like washing the cups ups and everyone else does all the glory work. Think I might have got it wrong somehow.

• Like 4

Posted

Morning all.

A chilly start as the overnight rain clears, but the ice scraper is temporarily back in the boot for now. I think it might be needed in a few days time though as temps are looking much more like the norm for November next week:

Posted Image

Interesting thoughts from GFS this morning on the white stuff making an appearance and not where you'd normally first think of it coming in from - the West?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If this appears on the next few runs I might allow myself a little ramp or two, but only in moderation you understand?!!! :lol: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Morning all. It's cold again Posted Image

Off to Kings Cross today for fun times at BUPA, luckily the only thing being checked up are my credentials as a potential employee of their establishment.

Good luck, hope they like your credentials.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Wrap up warm mate,this could weather may shrink youre credentials

• Like 2

Guest bjaykent

Morning all, think the model thread might well be a bit of a rollercoaster ride today, with some a little disappointed with ECM run this morning bringing a little more energy over the top pushing the potential high pressure block over the UK, all still in FI and if it verified would still be cold. whereas as Robin has shown GFS is a little more bullish about some more unsettled weather with possible wintry stuff coming in from the west next week.

Certainly it will get colder next week and if it turns out drier as well that would be good, frosty nights and sunny days would be fine, still the whole of winter to come for some snow. Looking at the reports of potential flooding this morning on the Beeb, drier might be the better scenario for now.Posted Image

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24927869

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

All this Christmas ramping is starting to make me think my snow at Christmas bet might payout.I put it on after JP posted one of his forecast's showing a white Christmas a few months ago Posted Image

The only thing good about sitting at work on my own on the 9th floor in Docklands for 12 hours on Christmas Day would be watching snow flakes falling,at least I would have got some of the money back that I have lost on White Christmas bets for the past few years since I started listening to JP and Rampkin to name a few...... Only jokingPosted Image

Knowing my luck it would blizzard late afternoon and snow me in!!! as it is I have to work Boxing Day so I could end up staying overnight with only a tin of Hero's for my Christmas dinnerPosted Image

Roll on Christmas....the sooner its over the better.... only saying it due to working it again...  No seriously hope everyone gets what they want for Christmas and I think I am safe in saying that the majority on here want some cold white stuff,which is just as well as the other half is getting a fridge freezerPosted Image Another ramp please John

Morning all,

Anybody contemplating a bet on a White Xmas for various cities in the UK, here are the current odds. Nothing especially strikes me as interesting at the moment, only the fact that London looks poor value against some other locations.

Why the market is entitled "White Xmas in Europe" beats me, as only UK cities are quoted.

http://www.oddschecker.com/christmas/white-christmas/snow-in-europe

Hi BB,

I'm fine thank you, have been popping in now and again but not posted much, trying to be less manic in my old age! Posted Image

Problems with the house have finally been sorted and we're finally bedding in nicely at Chez Chislehurst. During the Summer heat noticed how cool the house remained throughout, think we're going to pay for it from now on re.heating the place though, the rooms are pretty large and and being the last house in a row with an outside wall facing NE, we're going to be looking at some hefty bills. Anyway hoping to see plenty of cloud movement from just east of the above direction and plenty of the white stuff to boot, in the coming months!

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Fresh and bright here this morning but quite 'breezy' Posted Image

It's  nice to see some lovely ramp charts being posted, I'm trying not to get too excited about snow (and Chringlemas) just yet but I can't help wondering if this would be to much to ask for....

post-10773-0-32515900-1384421756_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Hope everybody is well. It's bright but chilly here in Ippy. Sunday night was a bit crispy as well with a frost.

Re, Dr Who. I remember seeing the Daleks for the first time. I was seven and I thought the Daleks were amazing. I never did hide behind the sofa, :D

Have a great day, folks.

• Like 3

Posted

Mornin each. Hope everybody is well. It's bright but chilly here in Ippy. 

Morning Grace.

Nice to see the majority of our region will be bathed in sunshine from cloud-free skies this morning:

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

A lovely crisp morning albeit a little breezy.

Lots of moaning in the mad thread already. Im sure it wont be long until the winter is over posts start showing as they always do at this time of year....

I working at my bootsale on Sunday morning (4am start) so I will be waiting for the fax updates later to see how im going to fare. Looking at the GFS it looks "ok" for now....have a good day you lot

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms! High Winds! Tornadoes! Hurricane!

Déjà vu yet again! Here we go with the next Daily Express ridiculous scaremongering nothing to back it up headline!! I still cannot believe the editor in charge believes and pays this idiot for this stupid information. The public don't blast this idiot or the paper when nothing happens but when the met office gets it wrong the crap hits fan! Annoyed!!

Edited by Greig Chandler