look mainly dry and cold

the odd windy day as well

so much scatter from the 17th i would call fi there

a point though

there are no real warm ensemble runs there

there are however some very cold runs

• Like 2

Posted

Up early for my weekly trip to our Peterborough office, and if I leave early enough a little chef Olympic breakfast :-), however I might get delayed by getting the frost and ice on the car for the first time this year.

The sky has now brightened and its looks a glorious morning, with no wind, not even a breeze to stir the leafs.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Good morning everyone.

A lovely chilly, frosty start to the day here. Had to break out the scarf and gloves to walk the dog! First time this autumn.

Temp was -1.2 here. Sky is that lovely clear pale blue/lemon colour as the sun comes up.

Looks like it it hoping to be a lovely, crisp and bright autumnal day - hurrah!

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing.

• Like 1

Guest bjaykent

Morning all, fairly good agreement at 144hrs this morning between GFS, ECM & UKMO, with some colder air moving into the UK with daytime temps dropping from around 10c to 5c from the 18th to the 19th Nov in our area

post-16390-0-42661500-1384326837_thumb.p post-16390-0-90293100-1384326846_thumb.g post-16390-0-93418200-1384326864_thumb.g

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/temperatures-2m-hd/3h.htm

Nothing too spectacular at the moment but looking like the start of winter, what happens beyond 144 is very much FI at the moment with GFS collapsing the high Pressure over the UK fairly quickly whereas the likes of ECM & GEM looking more interested in holding the High pressure in the Atlantic and building up to Greenland. Time will tell. Posted Image

post-16390-0-37519600-1384326920_thumb.g post-16390-0-41910600-1384326965_thumb.p post-16390-0-63528600-1384326955_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all, 

Morning Ian, morning all!

2°C on the driveway this morning and 2/3°C through much of Sussex coming to work, meant the ice scrapper made it's first appearance this morning as it was pressed into service clearing the screen.

Posted Image

A clear and crisp sky looks like it's leading into some good sunshine today even though it's quite chilly, but I'm happy with that.

Minus numbers now starting to creep into the end of the current GFS run, perhaps Winter weather might not be too far away if this keeps rolling along?

Posted Image

Posted

Morning all 1.4 this morning with frost on the cars. Just need it to get a little colder so it can start to freeze over the mud bath that is my back garden at the moment. Sky a lovely pale blue could be a nice walk with the dogs later on once I actually get out of bed.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all 1.4 this morning with frost on the cars. Just need it to get a little colder so it can start to freeze over the mud bath that is my back garden at the moment. Sky a lovely pale blue could be a nice walk with the dogs later on once I actually get out of bed.

Morning Jules,

A very chilly start and I see you must have been down amongst the lowest overnight in Sussex. Make sure those dogs paws don't freeze up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

didn't get below 4c here, so no frost, but it is a lovely clear morning. Let's hope it stays like this all day.

Posted

Morning all,

First frost since last winter here this morning Posted Image  and I have finally dug my winter coat out.  Now just got find my gloves and scarf at some point!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

My first post of season in this thread hope all is well. Things becoming intresting in overall output. See you soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Jack Frost had a busy night here, stunning morning and hopefully by the time I need to go out in the car the sunshine will have cleared the ice which is still thick on the windscreen - still only 3 deg C so deffo an UGG boot day for me Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

A low of -2.6c in Deepest darkest Burgess Hill last night. Bit of a shock to the system having to scrape the windscreen this morning!

• Like 1

Posted

A low of -2.6c in Deepest darkest Burgess Hill last night. Bit of a shock to the system having to scrape the windscreen this morning!

Blimey, that was a shock! Only +2°C by the time I entered the outskirts this morning. A lovely late Autumn mist was hovering over Ditchling Common but I hadn't got time to stop and take a picture of it at sunrise.

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Wow what is this yellow thingy in the sky ? I almost forgot what it looks & feels like ! Beautiful but chilly & the first frost of the autumn so far . Enjoy it while it lasts everyone !

• Like 1

Posted

Hurray, first morning frost of the winter, ice scraper in action, screen heater on, trouble keeping the windows clear for the first five minutes of driving, temps 1-3 degrees from Surbiton to Uxbridge, beautiful clear blue sky with contrails. Yep, it's arrived:)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Cracking start to the day here also.  I was lucky, as by the time I left to take the children to school there was only a thin melting layer of frost on the car, which the wipers delt with accordingly. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

I do love it when the lawn is all crispy! Sun is out too, thinking about popping out to Fobbing park to amass some sloes for gin-making. Not done it before, I'm prepared for the inevitability it'll taste like petrol.... Have a good day all!

• Like 3

Posted

morning alll

now thats whot i am talking about nice frost this morning,a bit on the nippey side,but lovely sunshine ,iam happy just a shame iam at work,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

B E A utiful start to the day. Scrapping the car this morning was fun. The models showing some cold, Christmas ads for the supermarkets starting to show in every ad break, Ant and Dec coming back in the jungle....it can mean only one thing......

I watch too much TV.....

Oh and winter is coming!!

• Like 6