Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 04/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Here we go .... please continue discussions about your local conditions and what is forecast for this region here....

post-10773-0-01821600-1383581484_thumb.j

link to the previous thread...

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78304-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-281013/page-42

Oops sorry Tamara I've just seen your post in the previous thread Posted Image Hope your conservatory roof is fixed soon !

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just gone and bought myself a 10.1" HD tablet for £79 of Ebay brand new YUM!

not bad price, what brand is it?

Not bothered to get one as I cannot afford it not can I really see a use (for me) with such a device.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Snotty, congested and generally icky.

And as for the weather, blimmin' freezing! Can I finally convince him to stick the heating on?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

There has GOT to be a frost tonight. Haven't got a thermometer but it feels like just a few degrees outside right now and the sky's as clear as it gets. Went for a late walk with the dogs around 3:30 and even in the sun there was very little warmth in it.

We met my husband's nephew's fiancée at the weekend and they had a lovely time as the weather was perfection. I liked her immediately as when she got out of the car, she said "Look at those stars! And listen to the wind in the trees!" 

You forget that if you live in London all the time you don't see or hear these wonders.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 3

Posted

not bad price, what brand is it?

Not bothered to get one as I cannot afford it not can I really see a use (for me) with such a device.

Feel for me... I've got to replace my Mac G5 next year and ALL the software which came installed on it - Adobe Creative Suite etc. So any advice on the right model would be appreciated. I do quite a lot of print and web design work from home so need a fairly big beast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

There has GOT to be a frost tonight. Haven't got a thermometer but it feels like just a few degrees outside right now and the sky's as clear as it gets.

Went for a late walk with the dogs around 3:30 and even in the sun there was very little warmth in it.

It will start clouding up later tonight so not so sure on frost front.6.1c here right now, coldest evening here in a while.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

It will start clouding up later tonight so not so sure on frost front.6.1c here right now, coldest evening here in a while.

Yes I think it's very nearly tipping below here - we're way out in the sticks. Might nip out later with the camera before it clouds over.

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

And as for the weather, blimmin' freezing! Can I finally convince him to stick the heating on?

Ha, you not had it on once yet?

I've noticed ours come on quite a few times in last couple of weeks, but only for a short time when it does.

Must admit this new boiler hasn't been switched off once since it was fitted 14 months ago, we just have it set at 19.5c on the thermostat and let it do it's thing. 

Edited by kingdeacon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, CFS Christmas time again Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precipitation - +2, thoroughly wet through Christmas until about the 28th, then turning drier

Temperature - -1.5 Cold polar maritime air, 850's around -4C at times, rainfall would be on a knife edge to turn wintry here.

Guess there are more crumbs here than yesterdays dire run, and no screw ups this time :)

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

Feel for me... I've got to replace my Mac G5 next year and ALL the software which came installed on it - Adobe Creative Suite etc. So any advice on the right model would be appreciated. I do quite a lot of print and web design work from home so need a fairly big beast.

Why do you need to replace the software? just clone your old HD to your new HD, fast new shinny Mac with your old software on a new faster HD. simples.

Posted
We met my husband's nephew's fiancée at the weekend and they had a lovely time as the weather was perfection. I liked her immediately as when she got out of the car, she said "Look at those stars! And listen to the wind in the trees!" 

You forget that if you live in London all the time you don't see or hear these wonders.

That is so true Iceni. My friends** live in a small village just outside Hastings that has no street lights at all and the night skies were a revelation. I remember the first night I stayed there and being astonished at the sheer number of stars in the sky and just how clear they were. The first thing I did was download the excellent free Google Sky android app, I can highly recommend it.

They also have a large garden that leads into a wooded hillside, and the sound of the wind through the trees was another of lifes simple pleasures. The added bonus of their location was that on nights when there was no wind you could often here the distant sound of the sea. I always looked forward to my visits there, it was like another world.

** Sadly we had a falling out earlier this year, and my visits there are now a thing of the past. Posted Image. Below is a view from their balcony on a misty day.

post-10628-0-18399500-1383594561_thumb.j

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Been really nice here today albeit cold - but what do I expect, it's winter next month. It's been pretty much wall to wall sunshine and the wind has thankfully subsided again, to leave a cold crisp clear evening.

Going to be out later doing a bit of star gazing, great night for it at the moment.

Current temp a rather chilly 7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Evening all,

A very chilly 4 deg C here....thankfully a very warming beef casserole is in the slow cooker, just going to pick Mr P up from his late shift then I think it will be fluffy slipper time for me Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

2.9c and clear skies here. Felt chilly all day. I think the seasons are finally catching up now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all

Posted Image Clear  

Feels Like: 1° Wind Chill: 1°   Ceiling: Unl Heat Index: 4°   Visibility: 6mi Dew Point: 3°   Wind: 7mph Humidity: 93%   Direction: 250° (WSW) Pressure: 29.47"   Gusts: NA 

Edited by Jason T

Posted

A beautiful day here with sunshine pretty much all day some fair weather cloud bubbled up late afternoon. Was a terrific sunset as a light shower cloud saw the sunset below it.

post-15543-0-75001400-1383598458_thumb.j

Edited by Mark N
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Its one of those things about winter that we could do without, had a rotten cold last week, then the kids come home from school with them.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Evening everybody.

The day cheered up from the wet start and was bright and sunny for a change. The temperature really started dropping away this afternoon and I have just let the dog out into the garden for a walkabout, and it is really chilly! Temp has fallen to 0.7 and still seems to be falling, so I am guessing we might have a frost overnight.

This is the sort of autumn weather that I love. Cold, and crisp and clear! So much better than torrential rain and the howling gales that we have had in the last week.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Here is the latest snow cover for the Northern Hemisphere with a tiny glimmer of hope of two small dots for Scotland?Won't be long now.....Said he hopefully.

Forget that last post as map did not load....oooops!

• Like 1

Posted

Evening, still at 7.4 here with DP at 7, so compared to some its almost spring like!!! But does feel chilly, walked along the beach earlier with the dogs and was amazed how its been re - shaped after the high tides.