Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2013-2014 Discussion- Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I used to like Joe laminate floori's forecasts on Accuweather but my estimations of him went downhill fast when he started with his sensationalism on twitter. I respect he's got more academic superiorities over the likes of madden and powell but his ramps are on par with them, such a shame.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

GFS anomalies map and western Europe has been progressively getting colder run by run on this

post-18233-0-54493800-1384263491_thumb.p

Posted

Joe does have a degree in meteorology, so he knows what his stuff. The thing is, he has a huge personal bias towards East Coast hurricanes and severe cold weather. He also has quite strong political views, and so what you see on his twitter feed etc. are things that are very much focused on that.

Edited by radiohead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c peeps r getting excited in the m.d thread because of a cold snap coming wich is over a week away what's mor i dont think any1 from midlands down will c any snow. To me it's not worth getting excited about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

GFS anomalies map and western Europe has been progressively getting colder run by run on this

Posted Imagegfsanom_eu.png

Warm North Sea too, so if by chance we could get an Easterly flow set up down the line it would be nice and unstable and promote convection. Long way from that though.

Posted

i c peeps r getting excited in the m.d thread because of a cold snap coming wich is over a week away what's mor i dont think any1 from midlands down will c any snow. To me it's not worth getting excited about.

then why post about autumn in the winter thread ?

most signif thing for a long time is the meto 30 dayer

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

It's not all about snow mate, especially this early in the season. I know, IMBY, I won't be seeing any of the white stuff for the foreseeable.However, it does look increasingly likely that I COULD get a series of air frosts and possibly some very foggy mornings turning into crisp, cold sunny days.Compared to the recent overcast, drizzly conditions with double digit minima I've had to endure, I will take that with open arms.Plus, the longer the pattern stays amplified with an unsettled PV, it increases the hope of something wintry as we progress through winter proper.
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Something that's almost gone unnoticed (to an extent even by myself) is the very cold start to the month for Scotland, Northern England and Ireland:

http://www.climate-uk.com/page2.html

If we do end up with the kinds of temperatures currently progged by the ensembles, whether via a true cold airmass or just a cold mid latitude high, we could be looking at a month which rivals November 2010 across northern and western Britain in terms of mean temperature (although it would be very unlikely to rival it for snowfall as my avatar from 1st December 2010 can attest to).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow blizzard

Ha just noticed my last post was rather large...

Next weeks colder conditions will bring some nice temps for coldies..I don't think it will last much beyond 3 days...Then more milder temps before a colder December.

Who likes Joe Bastardi? He has hinted at a cold, blocked December and Christmas

Jake

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

He's known as laminate floori around here. Since he's a swear word.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Joe Laminate Floori? ???

Obviously meant laminate floori haha

haha - i better stop you there, it's a swear filter on here, (remove the i from his surname) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Incidently, chris fawkes is now tweeting in regards, end nov, and flip in artic oscillation. And poss cold coming.

Posted

Thanks for that. Good job you live in the midlands then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

As regards, exact location/ locations, of set up ie, 850 hpa, wind direct gradient, precip.It's an impossibility atm whom and where will see effective of cold incur.It's certainly getting intresting though!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

@aud. I agree that this upcoming weather is lodes better than what we had i my self would take it with open arms. As for joe bastardi i've alot of respect for him, his no worse than some of the rampers we have on here i include my self. Joe also is a qualified met man.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

How is Eastern Europe into Russia cooling down compared to recent years? Has anyone taken a look? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

How is Eastern Europe into Russia cooling down compared to recent years? Has anyone taken a look? 

Moscow, Kiev, Warsaw and Berlin all mainly above average temperatures for the foreseeable

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image