Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2013-2014 Discussion- Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Hi, I'm new to all of this weather forecasting stuff, I'm only fourteen so.. Can someone explain this winters thoughts??? Posted Image

No idea what it's thoughts are :p

OK, still all to play for yet, very early day's yet and trends yet to fully show.

I'm still at the beginning of a very steep learning curve, even though this is my third winter on here - but unless I'm missing something everything isn't downgraded at all - the trend is still looking reasonably good. 

You might need to try and step back a bit, and not examine every run (and people's reactions to it) in such detail, or you will be a nervous wreck by the time winter actually comes!

Nice to be back here again btw - I don't post often but I'm always here as the will it/won't it snow excitement builds (and then comes crashing down again....) There's nothing like it!

Where is Kate2 when you need her? Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

No idea what it's thoughts are Posted Image

OK, still all to play for yet, very early day's yet and trends yet to fully show.

Thanks for thatPosted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

I'm still at the beginning of a very steep learning curve, even though this is my third winter on here - but unless I'm missing something everything isn't downgraded at all - the trend is still looking reasonably good. 

You might need to try and step back a bit, and not examine every run (and people's reactions to it) in such detail, or you will be a nervous wreck by the time winter actually comes!

Nice to be back here again btw - I don't post often but I'm always here as the will it/won't it snow excitement builds (and then comes crashing down again....) There's nothing like it!

What an excellent post Kate1

You are spot on with reference to not examine every run it is going to be a long 3-4 months and taking each run as gospel will

put you in the mad house.......sit back and enjoy its only the weather you know...

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Early prediction-

mixed December, some anticyclonic colder days, mostly W/NW/SW dominated, maybe one colder spell from the N

January increasingly cold, possibly a SW start, changing SE/E with a potential later cold blast

February very cold, dominated by E/SE winds, increasingly milder later on after a very cold first half

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Exactly just lazy old men from the south of england who know rightly they'll get nothing out of this and are just jealous of us and our colder climate.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lazy maybe , I wont take 'old' yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Exactly just lazy old men from the south of england who know rightly they'll get nothing out of this and are just jealous of us and our colder climate.

You've just contradicted yourself with that quoted-reply.  I think you're taking things too personally, chill out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lazy maybe , I wont take 'old' yet

Bloody hell !"I wont take 'old' yet"..... Your having a laugh at 101 Posted Image

Posted

Here's a photo I took last night (10/10/2013) of the dusting on top of Snowdon I will upload more as things progress

Are you sure that's Snowdon? Looks suspiciously like Northern Ireland what with all that snow.
  • Like 4

Posted

Are you sure that's Snowdon? Looks suspiciously like Northern Ireland what with all that snow.

yes I am 100% sure that the photo I took yesterday was that of Snowdon 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

i have to jump in and say i have seen snow in northern ireland every winter but not down to lower levels usually from around 150-200m and up there are atleast a few snow events. but i don't remember much snow in november tbh.

Edited by gary1365

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

We had snow here last October on one night last year - every year since 2009 it has snowed at some point here - pretty decent "dumpings" too lol  But unsure about the snow to low levels in NI November every year....and I am a northerner....?

I have noticed a shift in snowier winters over the past few years - can't say what it is etc but definitely more snow events have cropped up.  Nowt like November 2010  - I would give my left arm to see something like that again.

Edited by P-M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I think he was joking lol

Edited by P-M

Posted

I think he was joking lol

He was in my opinion (joking that is) Around mid afternoon there was some light banter said on here regarding NI getting snow Posted Image

Great picture .....Looks cold up there Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

My prediction for the first snow for the SE is for the 4th December over the Chilterns, hopefully I am wrong and we get it sooner.

I see a lot of people getting excited, just don't get your hopes up yet as most of the runs are for 11 days away. With the St Judes storm there was a lot of speculation up until the night of when it was solidified, we may have to wait until the 21st to know how it will affect us. But be prepared if all of a sudden it takes a nose dive and we end up with the Atlantic dominating our weather once again. 

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Well since i'm from northern ireland and you are from southern england I know what i'm talking about. Snow always always occurs in November and is not rare at all so Ian brown using wise words is somewhat daft. But whatever you english ones assume whatever you like.Infact we have already seen snow lying to 400m. So actually we have already seen snow in Nothern Ireland actually.

Well I can sure there will have been plenty of snowless Novembers in the m/w era in Ireland.

Posted

Well I can sure there will have been plenty of snowless Novembers in the m/w era in Ireland.

Maybe this would have been one?

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EGAA/2011/11/11/MonthlyHistory.html

Only three days in the entire month with maximum temperature of less than 10C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I was just thinking about the chilly weather coming up.... made me think of great past winters and time to prepare

Posted Image

(that will put the mockers on it)

post-18857-0-97148000-1384205347_thumb.j

post-18857-0-64522100-1384205369_thumb.j

post-18857-0-02125500-1384205420_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

The Northern Fells have by far the most snow on down to low levels, none of the western fells have any snow on at all except the very highest as far as i can see - 

Yes I was speaking to someone today who said Blencathra has a good cover. I've not seen the northern fells in recent days. There is often a marked difference between the north and south lakes, and the east and west lakes. Looking forward to seeing the first proper covering of snow on the eastern/central/far eastern fells. The views on the western horizon looking towards Coniston range right over to High Raise are always majestic when there is a good cover of snow on the tops.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I was just thinking about the chilly weather coming up.... made me think of great past winters and time to prepare

Posted Image

Jeez, 6.9mpg....you been driving like a loony?! Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Posted Image

Audi!!!!!!!!!!! cool car

Posted

Jeez, 6.9mpg....you been driving like a loony?! Posted Image

Plenty of wheel spinning methinks?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

It was -12 degrees C at mid morning - I thought I'd let the car warm up first !!  Doesnt do many mpg just sitting there !! But yes quite a bit of wheelspin on the icy roads even with winter tyres

There were plenty of people with frozen diesel - but the stuff from the Total garage was Ok down to -30C Posted Image

Edited by fluid dynamic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Curtesy of the infamous James madden !!! I realise how many feel , and yes he screams this most years, but certainly not to this degree . Also I note that as of today November is so far 0.3c below average , and by the end of the month may be much lower given the forecast . I will say James madden was probably the only November forecast I read that was going for a cold November, many I read on hear was saying how mild it would be , it was only days ago everyone was very down beat on the model thread , with certain ones completely righting off he whole month , including most of December aswel , which was ridiculous !! But any hoo . . . .this is James maddens winter briefing !!!

Must read one-off 4 page PDF weather report for early 2014

For those of you who own a copy of the UK and Ireland winter 2013/14 forecast from earlier this year, you will remember the opening forecast headlines that read “horror 2013/14 winter ahead with copious snow amounts + this is the winter that will prove science as wrong about our future climateâ€

The above information was issued on the 10 th April 2013 (10-12 months in advance of forthcoming weather events for this period)

It must now be noted, that it is of very high confidence , that many parts of the UK and Ireland will experience a significant and potentially historical period of extreme weather during this winter and into next spring (2014), that standard meteorology will and have to date underestimated.

December 2010 and March 2013 was both record-breaking weather periods for cold and snow, that were forecast several months in advance via Exacta Weather. Increased forecast confidence of expected weather developments, now suggests something on a much larger scale.

Purchasers of this forecast will automatically receive the UK & Ireland month ahead forecasts for FREE during February and March 2014 (normally £10 each) - NOTHING TO LOSE!!!

The new weather report has also identified and provides information on:

2 x large priced weather bets of extremely good value for this period in the UK & Ireland!

Please allow a number of hours for delivery during busy periods and check your spam inbox, if you don't receive the report instantly

Please note: This one-off report does not constitute part of the full membership packages

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

Curtesy of the infamous James madden !!! I realise how many feel , and yes he screams this most years, but certainly not to this degree . Also I note that as of today November is so far 0.3c below average , and by the end of the month may be much lower given the forecast . I will say James madden was probably the only November forecast I read that was going for a cold November, many I read on hear was saying how mild it would be , it was only days ago everyone was very down beat on the model thread , with certain ones completely righting off he whole month , including most of December aswel , which was ridiculous !! But any hoo . . . .this is James maddens winter briefing !!! Must read one-off 4 page PDF weather report for early 2014For those of you who own a copy of the UK and Ireland winter 2013/14 forecast from earlier this year, you will remember the opening forecast headlines that read “horror 2013/14 winter ahead with copious snow amounts + this is the winter that will prove science as wrong about our future climateâ€The above information was issued on the 10 th April 2013 (10-12 months in advance of forthcoming weather events for this period)It must now be noted, that it is of very high confidence , that many parts of the UK and Ireland will experience a significant and potentially historical period of extreme weather during this winter and into next spring (2014), that standard meteorology will and have to date underestimated.December 2010 and March 2013 was both record-breaking weather periods for cold and snow, that were forecast several months in advance via Exacta Weather. Increased forecast confidence of expected weather developments, now suggests something on a much larger scale.Purchasers of this forecast will automatically receive the UK & Ireland month ahead forecasts for FREE during February and March 2014 (normally £10 each) - NOTHING TO LOSE!!!The new weather report has also identified and provides information on:2 x large priced weather bets of extremely good value for this period in the UK & Ireland!Please allow a number of hours for delivery during busy periods and check your spam inbox, if you don't receive the report instantlyPlease note: This one-off report does not constitute part of the full membership packages

That has to be the greatest 'ramp' I have ever read! Lol! After that I Really hope that for once his forecast comes off! one cannot deny that he isn't half brave for issuing something like that, either that, or extremely fool hardy! Hoping, as always, for an epic winter ðŸ‘😃