Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2013-2014 Discussion- Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Thats the CSF he is using I beleave.

Cerebral-spinal Fluid? You don't want to wast too much of that on here!Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

I see Brian Gaza is posting about the potential for proper cold at the start of December

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

where can I get archive charts from ... im looking to see charts from 1976

I have a 76/77 movie in the making I will post this later for you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

Looks about average for the UK nothing too cold and is that a slight bit of orange across us too on bottom chart?, looking below average across Eastern USA, something that has been cropping up a while now to happen. And starting at the end of the weekend judging by some forecasts.

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Looks about average for the UK nothing too cold and is that a slight bit of orange across us too on bottom chart?, looking below average across Eastern USA, something that has been cropping up a while now to happen. And starting at the end of the week judging by some forecasts.

It is primarly a signal for above average heights right across NW Europe through the winter with the core perhaps towards Scandy. However as a 3 month average its about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Why on earth the Met think that a 90 day average is any use to anyone I dont know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

I think it's fair to say that none of the so cold "pro" forecasters have a clue what's going to happen. I find Simon Keeling very irritating, he changes his forecast in every video. 

Posted

I think it's fair to say that none of the so cold "pro" forecasters have a clue what's going to happen. I find Simon Keeling very irritating, he changes his forecast in every video. 

Simon Keeling did state this wasn't a forecast just facts what the charts are showing!!!! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Looks about average for the UK nothing too cold and is that a slight bit of orange across us too on bottom chart?, looking below average across Eastern USA, something that has been cropping up a while now to happen. And starting at the end of the weekend judging by some forecasts.

Does it..it distinctly looks above average across North America

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

If you think that (the so cold) Pro forecasters haven't a clue and Simon Keeling isn't floating your boat either... Well emmm ....Brian Gaza ....Who is this then, When it's raining.

Link maybe Posted Image

Posted

that's maybe because he is only forecasting what is in the models and they chop and change that's why his forecasts will chop and change especially if his forecasts go more than 4 days out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So looking warmer than average over the Pole, as for Europe, average looks least likely with no clear signal promoting mild or cold. Could go either way then. If I'm reading it right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If you think that (the so cold) Pro forecasters haven't a clue and Simon Keeling isn't floating your boat either... Well emmm ....Brian Gaza ....Who is this then, When it's raining.

Link maybe Posted Image

Brian Gaza? I think he works for the Palestinian Meteorological Organization?

• Like 3

Posted

Brian Gaza? I think he works for the Palestinian Meteorological Organization?

Perhaps that's one of them BOOM charts which keeps getting highlighted on the MOD thread.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Snow in GazaPosted Image ...Try Brian Gaze Posted Image  http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/latest.aspx .... http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/Brian%20Gaze%20blog.aspx

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather...heavy snow and heat waves

If I'm reading these charts correct then they are actually quite good if you want cold.. Remember the colors represent percentage so if you look at the bottom chart ( probability of DJF being below normal temperature) south of the Uk and much of Western Europe has.60-80 % probability being below normal temps. Also the top chart ( probability of being above normal temps) much of the area above uk Greenland, pole etc has a probability of 80- 100 % of being above normal temps! which may imply blocking, so a good update from the Met o if you want cold.....I think, correct me if I'm wronghttp://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/climate/seasonal-to-decadal/gpc-outlooks/glob-seas-probTies in with Simon keeling video of a cold blocked December Edited by John Badrick

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves & thunderstorms

The Express are now going for the longest UK winter ever, even longer than the Great Frost of 1683/4!! They are going crazier and crazier everyday!!! http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/444385/Long-range-UK-weather-forecast-warns-snow-storms-and-Arctic-winds-could-last-SIX-months

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Some of the Journalists at the Express should be shot - funny how they keep going to Jonathan Powell and James Madden who always seem to 'offer' completely OTT forecasts that they 'want' to hear! Sorry probably a bit off topic.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves & thunderstorms

I

Be very wary about tabloid forecasts. http://www.monbiot.com/2012/06/15/storm-warning/

I thought the Express couldn't get any lower!!! I wonder where Exacta weather gets all this from!! I have been browsing the posts on here everyday, reading up on this coming winter elsewhere and looking at the metociel charts. There is absolutely no evidence that we are going to have the longest winter ever, unless an asteroid come out of the blue and hits earth!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Some of the Journalists at the Express should be shot - funny how they keep going to Jonathan Powell and James Madden who always seem to 'offer' completely OTT forecasts that they 'want' to hear! Sorry probably a bit off topic.

Agreed.