Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2013-2014 Discussion- Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I am losing interest now, by that of course im still looking at every run / suite, post, etc, etc, but I am doing it without any confidence, I want to learn more about the strat but not really getting into it, still early days yet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I am losing interest now, by that of course im still looking at every run / suite, post, etc, etc, but I am doing it without any confidence, I want to learn more about the strat but not really getting into it, still early days yet though.

All going to plan as far as I'm concerned. We've had the unsettled/stormy spell and we've been trending colder through November as was expected. Remember, early winter was never showing as a 'blockbuster', I suspect December will be a real mish mash in terms of synoptics..... though I suspect it'll feature a 'taster' of what is to come during January.

Posted

All going to plan as far as I'm concerned. We've had the unsettled/stormy spell and we've been trending colder through November as was expected. Remember, early winter was never showing as a 'blockbuster', I suspect December will be a real mish mash in terms of synoptics..... though I suspect it'll feature a 'taster' of what is to come during January.

Yes, I was never confident early apart from this short lived cold spell, but you know when you start to get excited because of a few decent op runs against better judgement......

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

As mild zonal weather was forecast and now we are looking at anti cyclonic weather for a couple of weeks instead, I'm reasonably happy.

Frost, Fog and Sunny days to cope with whilst the continent drops in temp.

Posted

As mild zonal weather was forecast and now we are looking at anti cyclonic weather for a couple of weeks instead, I'm reasonably happy. Frost, Fog and Sunny days to cope with whilst the continent drops in temp.

Will it be a clean anticyclone or will we endure anticyclonic gloom, which is one of the worst forms of weather? Small temperature variations and nothing. Edited by Weather-history

Posted

As mild zonal weather was forecast and now we are looking at anti cyclonic weather for a couple of weeks instead, I'm reasonably happy.Frost, Fog and Sunny days to cope with whilst the continent drops in temp.

Yeah, anything is better than last years flooding. Dry settled and cold is great for now. No zonal, no mild proper autumn weather before we head into winter proper.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe cold

yeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, its snowing heavy, and lying, get in, Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Why do the majority of people seem to be negative about this cold snap? It's the 19th of November and parts of the UK are currently colder than Moscow. I honestly think December is going to be a cold one. Can't see it turning mild at all. 

Edited by meathead
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

this feature coming into northwest scotland, when it comes south overnight is it due to turn to snow on its leading edge

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

this feature coming into northwest scotland, when it comes south overnight is it due to turn to snow on its leading edge

Yes it should do more so for high ground before rapidly turning to rain, maybe some snow sleet at low levels for a short time will depend on the dew points I would think

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Why do the majority of people seem to be negative about this cold snap? It's the 19th of November and parts of the UK are currently colder than Moscow. I honestly think December is going to be a cold one. Can't see it turning mild at all. 

I don't think it's the majority, just a very vocal minority! As far as I can tell there's little suggestion of it turning "mild", just returning closer to average, and in December average is probably just as cool, if not cooler, than it is now. It was supposed to be a mild and zonal November according to the voices shouting loudest a few weeks back. I'm currently sat looking out at low-level snow and for Scotland at least it's highly likely that Nov 2013 will come in at below average temperature wise for the month.

Anyway, why is this thread so dead? Probably cos all the discussion that should be taking p[lace in here is currently clogging up the model output thread?

Edited by Ravelin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

It snowed here last night very heavy for about 5 mins. about 2cms and its still here!!Posted Image

• Like 5

Plenty of snow in South Wales this morning and into mid day, stuck on high level roads and a few cars have gone down banks after leaving snowy roads.I don't know why people say years that are similar to this have ended up badly, sorry but weather is chaotic and doesn't work like that. 2 very similar years could have very different causes, or even a number of different causes so comparisons like that are very unscientific, illogical and not even good mathematically, sounds kinda pointless to compare years. Although, people are far more confident on other threads like interesting activity on the SSW front and good ice and snow coverage in the NH.Plus, here in South Wales it has been hitting below average for the last week and looks to continue as far as the models are any reliable at predicting with any accuracey. Considering it's colder than average and snow as far as South Wales and it's only Mid November I think there is lots to be positive about. I think the problem on this thread is a lot of negative people commenting. Where as there are many of positive people regarding winter also. To be frank trying to predict the whole of winter this far out is pretty daft. But while people here are comparing this year with others that have gone poor snow and cold wise is quite hilarious because in the snow and ice thread and the SSW thread the majority of people talking are comparing this year with the likes of winter 2009 and 2010, goes to show there is no solid proof or concenus either way, but as its cold and snowy around the UK in November and the sun is very inactive, I think it's a good time to be positive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Blizzard condition here and -18c right now..hopefully +11c and sunshine by SundayPosted Image....maybe be a taste of how winter will pan out here...cold one week warm the next?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

heres a little video for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LolCaBS1uwA

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

And where are you? Posted Image

Inverclyde. about 23 miles west of Glasgow if you weren't already aware Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Funny thing is, there was no real sign of the coldest winter to ever occur back in November 62'. A bit like just now! No one knows what could happen this winter. Did you see that high just swing right up to Scandi and Greenland without any warning and that chunk of the vortex just melt away into N America instead of steaming across the Atlantic. What a winter that would've been to witness!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Great stuff and timely for those writing off December already. There are a few charts in there with a raging polar vortex anchored on Greenland. Also a few which are not a million miles from where we are now...

Posted Image

A couple of weeks later and we're into the one of the coldest winters in 300 years.

• Like 1

Posted

Inverclyde. about 23 miles west of Glasgow if you weren't already aware Posted Image

Add your location to your profile - nice to know where everyone lives for their weather updates. Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

Some very light snow flurries here in North Notts at the moment. Have to say I wasn't expecting to see a flake, so although nothing to shout about, at least it's a start! 😃

• Like 1

Posted

Some very light snow flurries here in North Notts at the moment. Have to say I wasn't expecting to see a flake, so although nothing to shout about, at least it's a start!

Nothing here in mansfield as yet Posted Image and i dont suppose there will be.

Posted

This is not a write off post but I am not confident of potent cold before xmas now, I never was truly on board, lets hope some foundations can at least be layed in the coming weeks