Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2013-2014 Discussion- Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe cold

And all of a sudden winter is over and it's only the 17th of November....... Posted Image

totally agree with you there, people seem to give up way to soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Regarding gavins winter outlook i would certainly pay more attention to him than some of the more outlandish forecasts out there at the moment. Plus would a mild winter really be such a bad thing? The gas companys have all hicked up there prices and alot of elderly or infirmed cant afford there bills. Must admit i have followed gavs weather vids for quiet a while and i would certainly not dismiss it as he is often more on the money with his forecasts than not. But i guess only time will tell. But for my two penny worth i would say i back gavin at this moment in time.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

yes a mild winter would be bad, I don't want a mild winter and majority on here don't

But looking at gavins update it doesnt sound too promising. But guess we just need to wait and see. Although we know hows things can change. 

Posted

But looking at gavins update it doesnt sound too promising. But guess we just need to wait and see. Although we know hows things can change. 

Better to go for a mild winter and get it wrong!

Posted

Luckily Gavin doesn't control the weather then, I agree with his assessment on the number of factors pointing towards a milder winter but these are only pointers and can be overridden by atmospheric conditions that catch us all out. I think that when Gavin comes to do his LRF he'll go with a mildish start with a +NAO signature but the second half of winter a -NAO evolving and HLB becoming the main talking point. Edited by Sceptical Inquirer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Dec is a classic month for cold yeah, short days, low sun angle, but Dec is usually zonal and mild

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

LOL I love how so many mention Jan onwards yet forget December is potentially a classic month for severe cold especially the second half, check out when most of the UK's very coldest nights were recorded Posted Image

Your link is an email address Eugene

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

So what's happening with this cold snap?? will it snow in the central belt??Posted Image

I assume you mean Scotland when u say central belt

heres the Scottish thread me and all the Scottish gang are in here and its tailored for Scotland so try heading in here and u will find out all you need to know just ask what u want to find out.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78047-scotland-regional-discussion-autumn-2013/page-40

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, November 17, 2013 - Do me a favour.
Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, November 17, 2013 - Do me a favour.

Winter is winter, it can be dry, mild, cold, wet, snowy, windy etc. There is no such thing as old fashioned, modern or post modern versions of these as far as I'm concerned.Incidentally, modern and old fashioned added in front of "winter" were used decades ago and not recent inventions as have been claimed.

I think we have been here before Kev, for the purposes of weather forums then the term was defined by me nearly 10 years ago, and would even go on to be mentioned on radio and TV such were the phenomenal statistics that the 88-09 period produced.

Posted

The Beijing climate centre model has updated for November and once again we have another model going for a mild one

December to February

Posted Image

Looks wetter than normal for most

Posted Image

2 more to go now, met office and Jamstec

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The Beijing climate centre model has updated for November and once again we have another model going for a mild one

December to February

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Another one"? Which are the others? I've just taken a look at the CFS for example and it looks average overall for winter.

Posted

December to February

Posted Image

Posted Image

2 more to go now, met office and Jamstec

Almost the entire NH is a mild winter....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

"Another one"? Which are the others? I've just taken a look at the CFS for example and it looks average overall for winter.

But if it's saying cold, he will not post it

Posted

Almost the entire NH is a mild winter....

It has been on every update which would be nigh on impossible which kind of backs up my view on long range models and forecasts, only good for a bit of fun or the bin, or both.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

CFS over the last few days has suddenly flipped to showing higher than normal pressure Greenland-Iceland for December......hmmmmm.....

• Like 3

Posted

NASA seasonal model, Brazilian Model, Meteorological centre of Russia, IRI and the Beijing model have all gone or stay average or milder than normal in there November updates

We are how ever still awaiting this months met office models to update along with Jamstec

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted

Met office ensemble mean from last month is not as cold as previous months

There's a world of difference between 'not as cold as previous months' and mild......and you know this. There's no need to make yourself feel somehow assured of a mild winter by blatantly misrepresenting data.  

• Like 6

Posted

Before we go into a war guys lets wait and see.Models will change from day to day and monthly models also change too...Models are not always 100% Right and may Change.So lets all and wait see....Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I'm loving this tiny cold European anomaly highlighted. Those in the surrounding warmer area can easily get there to get their fix of cold!

post-4523-0-11156900-1384721459_thumb.gi

• Like 4

Posted

This is probably wrong but what SS posted shows above average temperature anomalies over Greenland, wouldn't this suggest some sort of high pressure.

He's been told repeatedly that the temperature anomaly charts of long range models are pretty useless and to stick to the pressure plots.......

• Like 3