Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2013-2014 Discussion- Part 2

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

things defo cooling down run by run on the GFS anomilies map for UK and EUROPE

post-18233-0-73971500-1384095688_thumb.p

cooler air defo coming into the continent

post-18233-0-99736800-1384095820_thumb.ppost-18233-0-02720600-1384095834_thumb.p

Edited by Buriedundersnow
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

Just had a peak at the GFS FI land and nearly fainted when I saw all that blocking lol. The end of november could be very interesting. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted

If the latest cfs is anywhere near the mark we could be in for a very cold and snowy jan/feb/mar after an average dec

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

I posted a few days ago about HP on the GFS sliding around the Atlantic/Canada and it being in prime position to deliver the goods later this month. Seems the GFS is playing around with this idea so I'll def be keeping an eye on the charts the closer they get to a more reliable time frame. In the mean time, it does make some very nice eye candy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Amazing 2m and 850mb anomalies over Scandinavia for February on the latest CFS.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh dear. It's the CFS again!Posted Image

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted

Depends how high up you live. Although I see boywonder lives in Wrexham, so snow would be rare there this early!

Was in the Highlands over half term, was nice to see the tops of the Cairngorms dusted white. Coming back on the train through the Lake District I didn't see any evidence of any snow on the tops there (although many of them were hidden by the large thunderstorm rolling through there that afternoon!). How are the Welsh mountains doing so far? Anyone know? When I lived in Bangor, Snowdonia could have snow on the tops by late October.

I dont think any welsh mountain have had snow yet..Not even Snowdon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yes, but I heard this run is the right one.... Posted Image

I don't think that there is any 'right one', RH...If anything (as the science currently stands) 10-15 days is about the limit. Chaos takes over after that?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

I don't think that there is any 'right one', RH...If anything (as the science currently stands) 10-15 days is about the limit. Chaos takes over after that?

I think he was joking Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I dont think any welsh mountain have had snow yet..Not even Snowdon.

The tops of the Brecon Beacons have had their first dusting of snow of the season;post-12721-0-94091000-1384099461_thumb.jpost-12721-0-99915700-1384099467_thumb.jSo I would be quite suprised if Snowdon hasn't had something by now.
  • Like 3

Posted

The tops of the Brecon Beacons have had their first dusting of snow of the season;

Posted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpg

So I would be quite suprised if Snowdon hasn't had something by now.

Yes, Snowdon has seen snowfall a few weeks back. Some snow is seen on the lower mountains now as well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

well it's time for me to come out of hiberation and await the onset of the winter  - nice to be back Posted Image - have I missed anything?

Welcome back.. I love your username.. lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

A relative of my dad's friend, who works for the MetO, apparently reckons "heavy snow" will be a prominent feature of final week of Nov...make of that what you will!

A BIG snowman :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

i'm not sure why it's just a feeling but i'm getting excited about this winter i think it's going to be a good un

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

I really hope these charts come off and that last years huge disappointment doesn't happen again. I remember how annoyed I was last last year when the beast from the east was dead set on arriving then a few days before it was meant to hit, it disappeared.

We have had proper season so far this year. Spring was cold/mild, Summer was hot and dry, Autumn has been windy and rainy with some cold now we just need the trend to continue........

Posted

A relative of my dad's friend, who works for the MetO, apparently reckons "heavy snow" will be a prominent feature of final week of Nov...make of that what you will!

Interesting to say the least! However it's rare for the south to see lying snow in November and I doubt we'd be looking at a November 2010 event. I suspect the Midlands northwards could be in for some fun though, if it was to come off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow

Depends how high up you live. Although I see boywonder lives in Wrexham, so snow would be rare there this early! Was in the Highlands over half term, was nice to see the tops of the Cairngorms dusted white. Coming back on the train through the Lake District I didn't see any evidence of any snow on the tops there (although many of them were hidden by the large thunderstorm rolling through there that afternoon!). How are the Welsh mountains doing so far? Anyone know? When I lived in Bangor, Snowdonia could have snow on the tops by late October.

Snow on the lakes fells today down to about 200m
  • Like 1

Posted

The old friend of a friend whose dad knows the cleaner at the MetO has started a little earlier this year.Posted Image

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer
  • Like 6