IGNORED

Winter 2013-2014 Discussion- Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Good morning cold lovers :-)

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

GFS 6z close but no cigar, getting nearer though, surely in the next week the op will throw out an 80s run in FI

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

This picture was taken this morning on the M6 in Lancaster!

Did the highways agency not bother gritting the roads...........................

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

With ECM gaining interest at t240 (Tuesday 19th) today's met office update only suggests snow for northern hills

UK Outlook for Thursday 14 Nov 2013 to Saturday 23 Nov 2013:

An unsettled start to this period with showers and some strong winds. A risk of gales in the northwest where showers will be most frequent and heavy, falling as snow over higher ground. A brief quieter spell of weather seems likely into Friday, with many places staying dry. Thereafter, a return to more changeable conditions, with the best of any dry and bright weather across the south and more in the way of rain and stronger winds further north. It will be cold enough for snow at times across northern hills with a greater risk of frost and fog in the south during clearer spells. Temperatures will be around average by day, but cold at night with frost and fog, especially in the drier south.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

There you go - not precise but it's for the centre of the central belt.

Posted Image

how do I find that myself?

Posted

if you select 'cartes europe' option, you can click on anywhere in europe for your graph.

Yes, I don't think there is anyway you can get anywhere North of Newcastle but most of England and Wales on offer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

This picture was taken this morning on the M6 in Lancaster!

Idiots......still cannot understand why motorists think they can drive at normal speeds in these conditions.......then they blame the highways/council for not gritting.....NO EXCUSE!!!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

if you select 'cartes europe' option, you can click on anywhere in europe for your graph.

cheers guys I have my location now and saved to favourites Posted Image

Posted

Yes, I don't think there is anyway you can get anywhere North of Newcastle but most of England and Wales on offer.

Select 'cartes Europe'. (Upper right) Edited by bluearmy

Posted

Select 'cartes Europe'. (Upper right)

Cheers, with you now, I already knew you could get most places in England but now I know how to get as far North as Iceland.

Posted

HREC has snow and sleet turning to rain early Monday here- unlikely but pleasing to finally see.

Whats HREC?

• Like 1

Posted

how do I find that myself?

On the Meteociel ensembles. Use the Europe wide view and click your location on the map - new screen opens with the ensemble then select what you want from the choices at the bottom of the graph.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs.php?carte=1

• Like 1

Posted

Councils ready for winter as three inches of snow falls on North Pennines

Councils are confident they can cope with bad-weather conditions this winter - as up to three inches of snow fell on high-lying areas of the North Pennines this morning (Saturday, November 9). A survey shows that local authorities in England and Wales have stockpiled more salt for this winter than last. A total of 1.3 million tonnes was stockpiled for winter 2012/13 and the Local Government Association (LGA) shows that 95 per cent  of councils are either maintaining or increasing stock levels this winter. Meanwhile, there were wintry scenes aplenty across parts of the North Pennines this morning (Sat). Upto three inches of snow covered the Cumbrian fells as well as areas of County Durham, causing chilly temperatures and difficult conditions on the roads.

In Alston, Cumbria, snow made its first appearance since last winter covering hills, fields and solitary houses. Snow ploughs cleared the roads and gritters were out in force as drivers battled to manoeuvre through the snow. At the Hartside Cafe above Alston, which stands at an altitude of 1,904ft, general assistant Gloria Clarkson, 50, was busy clearing snow from paths and outside tables.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/10798714.Councils_ready_for_winter_as_three_inches_of_snow_falls_on_North_Pennines/?ref=mmsp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Events

A friend in Manchester sent me this pic about an hour saying it was snowing. Is it a wind up? I have had a look on a few webcams of some the higher ground around Manchester and I can't see anything on them. I see there is mention of hail showers in the north west but looking at the windscreen it looks more like snow on the pic.

post-17858-0-19060900-1384011878_thumb.j

Posted

A friend in Manchester sent me this pic about an hour saying it was snowing. Is it a wind up? I have had a look on a few webcams of some the higher ground around Manchester and I can't see anything on them. I see there is mention of hail showers in the north west but looking at the windscreen it looks more like snow on the pic.

No wind up, saw reports on here on hail in Manchester

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

It wasn't snow, it was very heavy hail that looked like it had snowed, even now a few hours later there is still a slight covering on my grass and some on the road and pavement. It was about 2 inches deep covering all surfaces when it first fell, heaviest hailstones for a long while here.

• Like 2