Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Autumn Regional Discussion 28/10/13 -------->

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Can anyone provide links to this winter storm in america? Im sure i used to be able to find updates on storms in the states on here but cant find it for the life of me? Thanks in advance

Posted

Can anyone provide links to this winter storm in america? Im sure i used to be able to find updates on storms in the states on here but cant find it for the life of me? Thanks in advance

Joe B on twitter can keep you updated - https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Lots of activity to the SW, if it survives expect more chaos!!

• Like 1

. C

Lots of activity to the SW, if it survives expect more chaos!!

Looks a nasty area of rain and seems to be heading our way, doesn't seem to be anything electrical on it at the moment, could be some lively downpours though.

Posted

. C

Looks a nasty area of rain and seems to be heading our way, doesn't seem to be anything electrical on it at the moment, could be some lively downpours though.

seems pretty lively on here - http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm

Posted

Hmm the detector I was looking musn't be working, hopefully more storms for us then!

isle of wight one can be a little inaccurate sometimes mind you - but alot of red on the meto's radar suggests it could be very electrically active - estofex have us under a 1 warning area - that could be for what we had earlier - or could include what's about to hit us from the south - mind you - storms from the south can lose there potency once they've travelled over the south of England - we shall see!

estofex - http://www.estofex.org/

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Hmm they dont seem to be surviving..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Aber prom has taken a really bad hit from these storms: Posted Image

Posted

Just had a heavy hail shower then sleet and now wet snow shower,at least that strong gale force wind has dropped today,become very annoying of late.

Posted

SUNSHINE - YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look at the size of this coming at us - virtually spans the atlantic - this ones called Christina!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by andymusic

SUNSHINE - YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look at the size of this coming at us - virtually spans the atlantic - this ones called Christina!

Posted Image

Posted Image

For the ski forecast, I have got animated pressure patterns for the next 7 days

post-213-0-09968800-1388841730_thumb.gif post-213-0-88763000-1388841523_thumb.gif

Click on the GIFs to animate.
Edited by J10

Posted

The sea swell is supposed to be quite powerful with the next depression. Could cause some issues I guess.

Plenty of squally conditions here yesterday and first thing this morning with hail and lightning.

Calmer from afternoon and a good deal chillier!!

Posted

Wow just came back from taking the dog out,it is definitley colder,ice forming on cars if anything falls sure it's gonna have to be snow?

Posted

The sea swell is supposed to be quite powerful with the next depression. Could cause some issues I guess.Plenty of squally conditions here yesterday and first thing this morning with hail and lightning.Calmer from afternoon and a good deal chillier!!

There's an article about this here you might find interesting-

http://magicseaweed.com/news/Atlantic-Code-Red-Incoming/5954/

-(My feeling is that MagicSeaweed like to hype things up a bit at times, but that's another discussion).

I guess it was a very specific combination of spring tide, wind (strength and direction), swell (strength and direction) and rain water run-off that contributed to the problems Thurs/Friday and some of these will be missing as the next system and its swell arrive, that's not to say there won't be some issues re flooding etc.

Well I'll be darned, it's raining, what a surprise. Front seems a bit weaker than forecast though? Looks like things may intensify later.

Another warning out from the Met Office for tomorrow, for more coastal flooding

Strong winds will combine with large waves to bring the risk of coastal flooding. Winds will gust to 60 MPH or so on coasts, and locally to 70 MPH, but waves will be larger than usually associated with this strength. The public should be aware of the dangers of waves crashing onshore and over topping shore lines and sea fronts.

A large, deep depression in the Atlantic is whipping waves up out at sea on Sunday, these coming into western and southern coastal areas of the UK as a large swell on Monday. Exceptionally high waves are expected, and whilst tides are past their peak of last week, they will still be high, bringing a risk of coastal flooding.

Posted Image

Posted

That band of precip out off lands end heading for the west country and wales looks heavy and squally ! Could be interesting later if it intensifies .

Posted

The sea swell is supposed to be quite powerful with the next depression. Could cause some issues I guess.Plenty of squally conditions here yesterday and first thing this morning with hail and lightning.Calmer from afternoon and a good deal chillier!!

Yes next sea swell looks nasty 70ft Waves measured in Atlantic. Expected to hit UK coast Mon PM. 8-9 metre waves expected for Pembs & Cornwall, 5-6M waves for Dorset & IoW.

Torrential rain here, garden is a swamp yet again. More to come looking at the radar, and overnight and into tomorrow with thundery downpours and hail forecast from the Met Office.

This Evening and Tonight:
Staying showery with heavy showers in places giving the risk of hail and thunder. There will be some drier spells, particularly towards dawn. Remaining windy with coastal gales. Minimum Temperature 6 °C.

Monday:
Sunshine and blustery showers will affect the region, some heavy with hail and thunder. It will stay windy, particularly in any showers, with gales, severe over coasts and hills. Maximum Temperature 10 °C.

50-75mm forecast in parts of Wales over next 48 hours from NAE

Posted Image