Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Autumn Regional Discussion 28/10/13 -------->

Snowangel-MK

Posted

This was taken from the Council's Facebook page earlier. Those railings tossed about like confetti are thick marine grade steel and about 3 ft at least in height! I wonder what high tide tonight was like.

post-21515-0-72397700-1388779417_thumb.p

Edited by Mizze
  • Like 1

Lightening in Aberdare now, been like it on and off for a few hours, rain, wind, hail, thunder, lightening.

Here too, several flashes including fork lightning, one was right overhead and looked like it struck something a few hundred yards away, almost instant booming thunder. Torrrential rain and hail too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Mum in trecynon says storm bad, lights flickering and the hail is back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Lightening in Aberdare now, been like it on and off for a few hours, rain, wind, hail, thunder, lightening.

Im near aberdare and gota say its wild, everybody thinks im nuts going to the window or outside all the time haha but i love it. Stay safe though and if it aint snowing il take this crazy wild weather all day long. As i type lights flickering......

Im near aberdare and gota say its wild, everybody thinks im nuts going to the window or outside all the time haha but i love it. Stay safe though and if it aint snowing il take this crazy wild weather all day long. As i type lights flickering......

Had a power cut here earlier during a storm, crazy weather. Had a lot of thunderstorms here in Wales last January too. Aren't the storms supposed to happen in the summer? Can't remember the last proper summer thunderstorm here.

Posted

Had a power cut here earlier during a storm, crazy weather. Had a lot of thunderstorms here in Wales last January too. Aren't the storms supposed to happen in the summer? Can't remember the last proper summer thunderstorm here.

It is crazy all these storms must be making the atmosphere unstable, thats my theory any way. I cant remember a decent summer thunderstorm either madness maybe it will snow in summer haha. The gusts seems to be quite violent during and after the showers too im hoping theres no powercut though and it dies down overnight so that the kids will sleep.
  • Like 1

Posted

Wave bouys around SW Wales back up again after dropping off mid-afternoon: to 28ft on Pembroke Bouy and 21ft on the Aberporth bouy. Both are the highest they've been all day and the Aberporth bouy reading is the highest I've ever seen it. Bad news for those on the Aberystwyth/Borth coastlines.

82mph gust at Mumbles recently...

Edited by benb
  • Like 2

Posted

Power is off in aberdare, according to western power distribution on twitter, expected back on at midnight. And the trains are suspended due to flooding.

• Like 1

Posted

There's a poor quality webcam for Aber here:

http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=994

Seems to be a lot of people watching something...

Anybody got a better cam link for Aber?

Posted

Our lights are flickering but we havent lost power yet. Must be certain parts of aberdare ruthie. Wouldnt be suprised if we lose power though.

Mum power still on in trecynon thankfully. Good yours ok too... Hope stays that way! Looks a few more bits of rain to come yet for the valleys this eve although on radar looks to be going a bit north and east of aberdare. What a wild winter!

Posted

Lightening here again :(. very scary after seeing the pictures of the house earlier

Posted

Thanks ruthie. We were just saying how calm it is and then it just chucked it down with hail stones . Its quiet one minute and then awfull the next. Wierd weather. So unpredictable

Posted

Having some brutally heavily hail sounded like the roof was going to cave in and more thunder for good measure when will it end....scary with that house earlier but i love it as well and want my kids to sleep cant have it all but dont know what to choose as id happily stay up lol

• Like 3

Posted

Having some brutally heavily hail sounded like the roof was going to cave in and more thunder for good measure when will it end....scary with that house earlier but i love it as well and want my kids to sleep cant have it all but dont know what to choose as id happily stay up lol

looks like that maybe it for a while now - waiting for our last heavy shower now

Posted

looks like that maybe it for a while now - waiting for our last heavy shower now

Yes was thinking same andy can hear more thunder in the distance not long after normally means more hail got a routine now but as you say looking at radar that looks last for now. Who knows though can still hear the wind during violent gusts..., i need snow now heres hoping for winter part 2 would be one hell of a winter if we get whiteout conditions after this spell.

Posted

has the storm passed over now or is there more showing up on the charts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

has the storm passed over now or is there more showing up on the charts?

It's passed. Looking at radar there is not a lot of activity showing up in The Irish Sea now.
  • Like 1