Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Autumn Regional Discussion 28/10/13 -------->

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Very stormy over-night; althougth I've felt higher max gusts, the intensity and length of them atm seems more prolonged and it seems you can hear them arriving from half a mile away!

Pembroke wave bouy is at 15ft currently, but I'd expect that to shoot up in the next couple of hours with the approaching high tide. 29ft at bouy 62023 and some of that'll be hitting the Welsh coast later...

I'm off down the harbour for the 7.20am high tide.

• Like 1

Posted

Some over-topping in Tenby harbour this morning, couple of workshops filled with water etc but nothing too bad, it would seem to me. Hope it's no worse around the rest of the coast.

Big swell on Southbeach, though hidden somewhat, atm, by the shear depth of the water sloshing around. Usual places with some exciting spray-

post-7763-0-83746100-1388737013_thumb.jp

post-7763-0-88713300-1388737021_thumb.jp

(maybe you had to be there...)

Dennis cafe still standing.

Similar situation again this evening, perhapsh bigger swell and stronger local winds?

Off to Amroth...

Edited by benb
  • Like 1

Posted

Been a pretty rough night at Wiseman's Bridge by the looks of it-

post-7763-0-16491700-1388741715_thumb.jp

post-7763-0-07647400-1388741747_thumb.jp

Amroth, nearly two hours after high tide-

post-7763-0-82010600-1388741845_thumb.jp

Pembroke wave bouy up to 25ft. Intermittent violent squalls, currently.

Anybody seen the Newgale road this morning? That could be quite a sight, I'd imagine.

Posted

You'd imagine right!

Posted Image

Wow! The beach has moved!

Posted

Close call in newport today. Some flooding but nothing catastrophic. 3.64m of water has emptied out of the river usk in the past 2 + 1/2 hours; dropping 2.5cm per minute.

And the possibility of thunderstorms with large hail at some point today. These fell in Wiltshire this morning. Incredible!

http://twitter.com/RitzRovers/status/419047472917643264/photo/1

Edited by Ginkrots

Posted

This is becomming quite a exceptional spell of weather.

We've had a battering for over a week. Around 6am this morning we heard several gusts of wind accompanied by torrential rain. Then a huge crack and rattling. A whole row of tiles had disslodged and a few have come away completely. One ended up on the roof of next doors conservatory but miraculously didn't damage the glass.

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted

Some very heavy hail showers this morning / early afternoon, including a brief thunderstorm about 2 hours ago.

Bonus facebook pic of the seafront at Aberystwyth:

Posted Image

How much is it going to cost to tidy up pretty much every seafront/promenade on the west wales coast?

Edited by mikeocarroll
  • Like 2

A squally thundery shower passing through here with large hail and a few rumbles of thunder. Some nasty gusts as well, must have had one that was around 70mph.

There might be no snow but this beats a dull drizzly Bartlett for weather interest.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Been a pretty rough night at Wiseman's Bridge by the looks of it-

Posted Image104.JPG

Posted Image105.JPG

Amroth, nearly two hours after high tide-

Posted Image111.JPG

Pembroke wave bouy up to 25ft. Intermittent violent squalls, currently.

Anybody seen the Newgale road this morning? That could be quite a sight, I'd imagine.

Was driving that way on New years Eve about 4:30 pm ,it was just getting dark then with very rough seas and the sea going over the wall! Do you know how Pendine has faired? We were staying there....

Posted

Wow the brightest lightning and loudest thunder,with giant hail just happened frightened the crap out of me!!! It's my sons birthday usually it's frosty or snowy, this is one for the books

Looking forward to frost, nothing worse than picking dog mess up from the garden in this weather!!!!

Gone crazy here, just had a power cut for several minutes and 5 flashes of lightning with thunder, 2 of them forked. Car and house alarms going off. Torrential rain and hail too. Lightning must have struck a pylon, hope power doesn't go off again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Wow the brightest lightning and loudest thunder,with giant hail just happened frightened the crap out of me!!! It's my sons birthday usually it's frosty or snowy, this is one for the booksLooking forward to frost, nothing worse than picking dog mess up from the garden in this weather!!!!

at least you were inside. i was out walking the dog..............thank the lord for brown trousers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

getting UN-confirmed news that the lighting we had here an hour or so ago has set a house on fire in the village of Cascade near Hengoed. I will post more if I get confirmation. Stay safe every1

Posted

Very bad thunder and lightning here in the Amman Valley at the moment along with some pretty powerful gusts.

Posted

Was driving that way on New years Eve about 4:30 pm ,it was just getting dark then with very rough seas and the sea going over the wall! Do you know how Pendine has faired? We were staying there....

Talked to a mate who lives on the hill in Pendine earlier: road and seafront pub flooded, debris on road, but no lasting damage, as far as he was aware.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Talked to a mate who lives on the hill in Pendine earlier: road and seafront pub flooded, debris on road, but no lasting damage, as far as he was aware.

Thanks for getting back, at least not too much damage!!

Posted

We had lightening and thunder about 30 mins ago was half expecting to loose power but thankfully it remained on. Been looking at America on bbc news they are having a tough time as well.

Posted

lightning, hail, thunder, nasty ferocious winds - what a day! - all care of Canada!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

i can confirm that a house was set on fire on pengam road in cascade because of a lighting strike earlier this evening

• Like 1

Posted

getting UN-confirmed news that the lighting we had here an hour or so ago has set a house on fire in the village of Cascade near Hengoed. I will post more if I get confirmation. Stay safe every1

bbc news confirm this one - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25593105

ECM 12z = VERY WINTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mumbles now up to 74mph gusts

Edited by andymusic

Posted

cant post the pic but heres a twitter link to a pic of the house on fire!https://twitter.com/search?q=house%20fire%20cascade&src=typd

Posted