Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Autumn Regional Discussion 28/10/13 -------->

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I'm in Neath and relatively sheltered and this is the worst winds we have experienced for a very very very long time. It's constant. There is no break. Absolutely howling. Just glad we still got power. Real mental. Staying in all day for me!!! Mrs going shopping......

Shopping!

Make do with what you have got in until it gets calmer, don't risk going out in this.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/neath

Edited by sb44

Posted

Anyone from the coast on here...aberaron...its only hurricane force..

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations

Close 74mph is hurricane force..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_scale

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Howling winds most of night, with drving rain. No power cuts, thank the heavens and scottish power! Duck stock for soup, logs in basket ready for another day indoors. Have peered out of window, River Ceiriog full and belting past, but most of garden furniture (shed n trellis) look to still be there. Me not going anywhere.

Posted

well looks like the wind has been extreme all around Wales just went out the garden and it spoilt my hair ha ha, plastic chairs etc all over the place and didn't sleep much even after having a few beers, I would say worst I have had since being on top of this mountain. and still very bad right now.

Posted

Very wild and windy overnight here. That's not a surprise to anyone I imagine. Not liking the look of new years day either. Today I will mostly be staying in doors. . and eating

Posted

Yep no sleep here either, those big gusts are scary at times. Cant wait until it starts to ease off, really do hate the wind

Posted

You are getting it much worse there I think than here

Yep no sleep here either, those big gusts are scary at times. Cant wait until it starts to ease off, really do hate the wind

You are getting it much worse there than here I think

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nothing special here max gusts 52mph

Posted

You are getting it much worse there I think than hereYou are getting it much worse there than here I think

Worse being relative. Mumbles is showing gusts of 75mph. North Wales about 85. Aberdaron much worse but to be expected. It's about as bad down here as I can recall in terms of sustained wind speed and gusts.

Posted

We get a little shelter to the SW hence probabaly missing the worst of it, just out of the village a few trees have been blown down along the lanes.

Peak Gusts 27 Dec (so far)

Stations: 14 Aberdaron (94 m)  109 mph Capel Curig (215m) 94 mph Mumbles (32 m)     85 mph Valley (10 m)      81 mph Raf Mona (62 m)    78 mph Lake Vyrnwy (359 m)78 mph Pembrey Burrows(6m)76 mph Aberporth (134 m)  70 mph Sennybridge (307m) 68 mph Milford Haven (32m)62 mph Rhyl (76 m)        62 mph St Athan (49 m)    58 mph Trawscoed (62 m)   50 mph Cardiff AP (67 m)  47 mphWow at some of those gusts
Edited by J10
  • Like 1

Posted

We get a little shelter to the SW hence probabaly missing the worst of it, just out of the village a few trees have been blown down along the lanes.

Yep wind is more SW-ly a straight westerly would be far more severe...missing the worst here again.Still a fresh gale going by the old beaufort scale. Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Very windy day with some strong gusts, though my weather station doesn't seem to be recording the stronger gusts :( Had a shower earlier that gave a flash of lightning and thunder which I wasn't expecting!

Posted

joe b tweet - Euro pattern not yet frigid though. Just colder version of stormy, more snows show. Blocking must develop over Greenland - seems patience will be needed for snow into the new year

Posted

It would seem we are 'stuck' in Autumn type weather, Very Very Mild, bears the question "when winter does come, will it be prolonged?, is the season shifting meaning a cold April/May?"....................

One things for sure "IM HOPING SO!!!"......wishful thinking Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Stations: 14 Aberdaron (94 m)  109 mph Capel Curig (215m) 94 mph Mumbles (32 m)     85 mph Valley (10 m)      81 mph Raf Mona (62 m)    78 mph Lake Vyrnwy (359 m)78 mph Pembrey Burrows(6m)76 mph Aberporth (134 m)  70 mph Sennybridge (307m) 68 mph Milford Haven (32m)62 mph Rhyl (76 m)        62 mph St Athan (49 m)    58 mph Trawscoed (62 m)   50 mph Cardiff AP (67 m)  47 mphWow at some of those gusts
Edited by TonyH

Posted

I believe the Aberdaron gust has been revised to a mere 102mph!

Posted

Interesting, I haven't felt that it was anything very fierce here despite the offical reports. very windy and gusty obviously but not feeling damaging, if you see what I mean. We aren't sheltered here the winds come generally straight off the coast. The wind seems to have dropped a bit but there's another shower heading for us shortly by the look of the sky.

Posted

Posted

Funny that the BBC says Aberdaron was 104 mph disagreeing with there own stats must have been a slip of the tough by Darren Bent.