Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Autumn Regional Discussion 28/10/13 -------->

Snowangel-MK

Posted

The wind is absolutely mental here and I am out of the warning area! Major disruptions to travel so night in front of tv for me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

shouldnt be longer than 12 hours :) probably even shorter than that :)

Posted

Any ideas how long this is going to last???

gonna ease as the night goes on - should be respite for short time tomorrow - before another front comes in with some heavy rain on it

Looking at the NMM model, winds should ease back for South Wales during the evening.  But it will still be breezy across much of Wales overnight and for the early part of tomorrow, with Gales still likely on exposed coasts, but probably winds closer to 50mph rather than 90mph.

Conversely it is set to get worse of Northern areas especially those on exposed Western coasts and Snowdonia, Severe Gales possible here this evening, but even here easing back late evening/overnight, but still some Gales on the coasts, and breezy inland.

Posted

Lost the window out of my greenhouse too! Had to try and make one ,think the greenhouse is going to take off! Horrendous weather here

Posted

Exceptionally windy in S.Pembs this afternoon- a 1 in 5 years event?- roads closed due to fallen trees/unsafe scaffolding/ general wind blown debris etc... Huge seas, biggest I've seen for a few years- 29.5ft swell recorded on the Pembroke Buoy- Manorbier 12/15ft+ surf and breaking on the outer reef at high tide.

Anybody see Freshwater West this afternoon? Guess it must have been pretty spectacular there...

My fence stayed up! Result.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Some very violent gusts of wind here today! We are used to the strong winds/gusts down on the coast but there was a menacing feel to it especially when the power went out for 3 hours

Edited by Scarlet_Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Quite pleased with my warning issued on my website on Friday (however I wasnt expecting 89mph!), hopefully everyone stayed safe though! 

http://cymruweather.webs.com/warnings

10,000 homes without power, just hoping there were no casualties!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Around 2am (ish) I heard a large rumble of thunder and then the heavens opened.

I see there's more heavy rain and winds forecast for Wales again tonight. Autumn's turned a little lively. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

The wind in Aberystwyth the other day was quite bad and I was down the sea front for a short while watching those waves which can be seen in the video on the bbc, it was crazy but so cool to watch!

Had a slight frost here thismorning, first one of the season!

Posted

0.1c here currently. Will it get the last .1 to get me an air frost? I don't think so it's fully light now so should warm up soon.

It did get down to 0.0c at 7.53 this morning. Possibly be the brief-ist air frost in history as it warmed up 2 minutes later, but they all count!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Sorry to disappoint you Mike but it has to fall BELOW zero to count as an air frost so you fell .1c short :)

Posted

Yes very autumnal again this evening, sideways rain, lots of leaves and twigs and the odd branch blowing around. Better staying indoors. Come on Arsenal!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Snow for Snowdon tomorrow? Showers elsewhere likely to have hail mixed in...

Posted

bit damp again out there this morn, lots of water runs flowing over the mountain, fingers crossed this week dries up and we have a bit of colder weather with no rain ha ha I like to dream ay.