Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 28/10/13 ------

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

I reckon there will be another frost tomorrow night but early on before the wind and warmer air moves in early Tuesday morning. Certainly looking like a mostly sunny autumnal week, with temps staying in single figures even during the day. Posted Image

The met office have Darlo at 8 or 9c every day till Thursday so we could get into double figures here as even they underestimate our max at times

Although its windy now it should become a lot lighter later on (after dusk) so a frost looks quite likely in the morning

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

With the exception of Tuesday we are in for a very sunny spell of weather

Posted Image

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

yeah monday night we are supposed to get a frost too, little signs or should i say trends appearing on the models for colder weather to develop in the 2nd half of november might be something to watch, i seem to remember a few months back the 2nd half of nov was meant to be cold Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Lee aka Boro Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

i think its more pennines really, but lets hope we do

Posted

yeah monday night we are supposed to get a frost too, little signs or should i say trends appearing on the models for colder weather to develop in the final third of november might be something to watch, i seem to remember a few months back the 2nd half of nov was meant to be cold Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Yeah we should get a frost for a time tomorrow night but it will lift quite quickly once a band of rain and cloud moves in during the early hours of Tuesday

Temps over the next week or so are likely to remain below the seasonal average

Posted

i think its more pennines really, but lets hope we do

I looks more for the pennines and probably high ground in the Lakes

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted

currently 5.7c out there i reckon it will drop to about -1 tonight mindue i have not seen any gritters out so maybe not, Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

currently 5.7c out there i reckon it will drop to about -1 tonight mindue i have not seen any gritters out so maybe not, Posted Image Posted Image

+1c is the met offices estimate

Posted
Technically it has to be 0 degrees C (freezing) but it can snow at slightly warmer temperatures i.e. 4 degrees C. Last winter it bucketed it down with snow and it was 3 degrees C and it stuck to the ground. Other times it was freezing and it didn't stick (it just melted when it hit the ground). I think there are other factors that also affect whether precipitation falls as snow, sleet or rain. Anywhere under 4 degrees C and what falls out of the sky might be snow, dew point is what i look at more than the temp if the temp is around 3/4c
  • Like 1

Posted

Technically it has to be 0 degrees C (freezing) but it can snow at slightly warmer temperatures i.e. 4 degrees C. Last winter it bucketed it down with snow and it was 3 degrees C and it stuck to the ground. Other times it was freezing and it didn't stick (it just melted when it hit the ground). I think there are other factors that also affect whether precipitation falls as snow, sleet or rain. Anywhere under 4 degrees C and what falls out of the sky might be snow, dew point is what i look at more than the temp if the temp is around 3/4c

Thanks. So we could get snowfall this month with the right conditions, i.e temps roughly staying at this rate and a band of precip hitting overnight. Obviously, I'm not expecting it but the thought's nice.

Anyway, today felt really cold, weird to think last month we were in the twenties. 

Posted

2.7c in Darlo atm with no wind

An air frost looks quite likely for the major towns and cities ground frost probably in rural parts

Posted

Correct me if I'm wrong but the dew points play a big part as well for snow

thats what i said

Posted

Nice ground frost this morning, current temp is 1.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, cold,wet & stormy

First frost here too! De icing the car!!

Posted

Possible snow For north England 

Posted Image

Looks mostly on the high ground the pennines and the Lakes could get a covering however the percentage isn't that high either 60% max

Another frosty night here car windscreen covered at 20:30

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

A cloudy damp start lifted the frost which formed last night, that cloud is now slowly breaking I can see blue sky starting to appear now to the north and west

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

There looked to be a touch of slushy snow on the highest bit of moor this morning but don't quote me!It was kind of misty so hard to be sure without going up there.Certainly cold enough for wet snow to fall, -0.9C in the early hours and still only 4.5C, we only had a couple of mm rain

• Like 1

There looked to be a touch of slushy snow on the highest bit of moor this morning but don't quote me!It was kind of misty so hard to be sure without going up there.Certainly cold enough for wet snow to fall, -0.9C in the early hours and still only 4.5C, we only had a couple of mm rain

Clearer skies here last hour or so revealed snow down to approx 550/600m asl. Melting fast in sunny weather and warmer temps pushing East.Snow level lower further up valley.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2487760/UK-weather-Bonfire-Nights-white-Snow-falls-Northern-hills-temperatures-dipping-freezing-point.html http://twitter.com/paulkingstonnnp/status/397747656434647040/photo/1†Edited by Teesdale
  • Like 1