Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 28/10/13 ------

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A few hints that these single figure day time maxes could end on Monday with the met office forecast a high of 13c with milder south westerly winds

Posted

Today's sunshine has helped us get into double figures today hitting 11.0c, the temperature is starting to drop down now with clear sky and the sun around an hour from setting

Posted

Monday still looks like it will be a very mild day for the region with temperatures widely around the mid teens thanks to south westerly winds, Tuesday sees the wind shifting round to a more westerly direction so temperatures are likely to be around 10 or 11c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

quicker monday is out the way the better then, tomorrow looks cold with top temps 6/7c which should lead to a ground frost on sat night as long as the skies clear which will be the 3rd in 7days or so, the trend looking at the 2nd half of Nov looks Interesting a change to colder conditions looks on the cards saying that has it not been the case of the last few months a cold 2nd half of Nov was expected, Lets Hope the Azores stays away from our shores Blocking stays in place for 4 months and we have a mini ice age lol,

Gav would love this to happen Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Lee aka Boro Snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Another frost this morning, next 2 days look quite cold top temps 7/8 degrees we should get another frost overnight tonight, typical Autumn weather and what you would expect this time of the year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good afternoon everyone,

As you can see from my signature I live in Essex (someone has to!) and I normally post on the SE/EA thread.

On Wednesday my wife and I will be travelling up to Durham to stay for 3 days in order to attend the Festival of Light there.

Do any of your good folk know what the weather is likely to be for the second half of next week?

I guess that it will not be short sleeves and shorts!

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Good afternoon everyone,

As you can see from my signature I live in Essex (someone has to!) and I normally post on the SE/EA thread.

On Wednesday my wife and I will be travelling up to Durham to stay for 3 days in order to attend the Festival of Light there.

Do any of your good folk know what the weather is likely to be for the second half of next week?

Kind Regards

Dave

Current GFS run shows Wednesday showers and windy, Thursday dry, but a cold North wind, and the Friday generally settled but cold. So a mixed bag really but end of the week looks best Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Good afternoon everyone,

Kind Regards

Dave

Welcome and yes defo not shorts and T-Shirt weather lol The windchill is pretty cool at the minute so warm clothing but I wouldn't expect anything extreme - just standard autumnal weather Posted Image

Posted

Another frost this morning the temp did dip earlier in the night to -1.8 but its currently above freezing at 1c

Posted

Another frost this morning the temp did dip earlier in the night to -1.8 but its currently above freezing at 1c

Yes that was a hard frost overnight the road's quite icy still around my area in the shade

Posted

Current GFS run shows Wednesday showers and windy, Thursday dry, but a cold North wind, and the Friday generally settled but cold. So a mixed bag really but end of the week looks best Posted Image

Thanks for your reply.

kind regards

Dave

Posted

Welcome and yes defo not shorts and T-Shirt weather lol The windchill is pretty cool at the minute so warm clothing but I wouldn't expect anything extreme - just standard autumnal weather Posted Image

Thank you very much for the welcome. We are really looking forward to our visit. We will probably go to Newcastle as well whilst we are in the area, as my wife's aunt used to live there and we like Tyneside very much.

Kind regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted

Thank you very much for the welcome. We are really looking forward to our visit. We will probably go to Newcastle as well whilst we are in the area, as my wife's aunt used to live there and we like Tyneside very much.

Kind regards

Dave

Kind regards

Dave

why o why would anybody like tyneside Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

QED!Surprised how ground  frost is persisting in the shade even though max was 6.7C.Some quite icy patches on back roads.

Posted

Yes I agree we have been for a walk around the river in darlo and the shade areas are still frozen, well an hour ago it was like that

Posted

Horrible damp morning in darlo cant imagine why people would prefer this than clear sunny crisp cold days, anyway looks good with -8 uppers moving into northern scotland at 192

Posted Image

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Boro Snow, November 12, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Boro Snow, November 12, 2013 - No reason given

Posted Image

Posted

This GFS based prediction for Teesside Airport EGNV (not that other name!) shows a remarkably dry two weeks ahead - for now.
16 day TOTAL PRECIP: 7.9 mm and Convective: 0 mm

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample_C.shtml?text=EGNV

Edited by 4wd

Posted

Although cloudy its a lot milder today than of late currently at 12.5c

Temperatures this week should be a lot closer to average hovering around 10 each day till at least Friday

Posted

Lots of sunshine today currently 10.7c, a nice day for getting the washing dry with a slight breeze and wall to wall sunshine

I think we'll get an early frost tonight but cloud is due to move in from the west overnight so it may lift before most get up in the morning

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Lots of sunshine today currently 10.7c, a nice day for getting the washing dry with a slight breeze and wall to wall sunshine

I think we'll get an early frost tonight but cloud is due to move in from the west overnight so it may lift before most get up in the morning

Mr Hudson on Look North this evening said only patchy cloud west of the Pennines with possible air frost in sheltered North and Eastern areas so I'm pretty sure most of of us will wake up to at least a ground frost :)