Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 28/10/13 ------

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Here is how the beeb see things for later tonight and into tomorrow, the pennines should be very white by tomorrow morning, if the TV forecast is right not much if anything will make it over the pennines tonight and into tomorrow

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it and sunny crisp days

From what I've seen on model thread things aren't so good for next weekend was looking forward to some snow in Yorkshire dales

Posted

From what I've seen on model thread things aren't so good for next weekend was looking forward to some snow in Yorkshire dales

Unfortunately for snow in this country we can't really look much beyond 3 days as things chop and change so much, we do have exceptions to this late 2010 is one but mostly its 3 days 4 days at a push

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

The model thread can be misleading at times IMO, looking at next weekend i will stick my neck out and say you will see snow, at the mo thurs-sun look cold enough for snow, but like gav says its difficult to look beyond 72 hours at the mo,

Temp down to 2.4c

Posted

The worst of the rain / snow / sleet is starting to clear now for some parts in the north west of the region all of the region will see this main band clear by 2 or 3pm at the latest it could be quicker given the strength of the wind

Posted Image

Once this clears a mix of sunshine and blustery showers some of which will be wintery and possibly heavy at times

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

This is how the met currently see things from Friday to Feb 9th

UK Outlook for Friday 31 Jan 2014 to Sunday 9 Feb 2014:

Risk of wintry showers over eastern and southeastern parts at first on Friday. Cloudier conditions with rain and hill snow should soon spread eastwards. Rain may be preceded by snow at some lower levels before melting away. Gales likely, especially in the northwest where they may be severe. Clearer conditions with wintry showers should spread in from the west for the weekend. Temperatures will be generally colder than normal with a risk of overnight frost and ice. Drier and brighter conditions are likely for a time on Monday before further spells of wet and often windy weather moves in form the southwest for Tuesday. Thereafter further wet and windy spells are likely, especially in the west. Temperatures recovering through the week with a reduced risk of snow, frost and ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Under -6 uppers later today and tonight anybody know what the DPs will be 

Posted Image

Posted

Well I'll be in keld so defo should at least some wintry showers :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Amazing accumulations in dipton according to my Mam who just sent me this pic. So jealous.

I would say at least 4 inches Given the depth on next doors shed :)

Edit: sorry think my mother is on a wind up as the tree in the corner was pulled out in march so she has sent me old pic from last February I think as the local horse chewed my fir tree that month. Doh

Mam just confirmed it is old pic but it is snowing there atm. Better than here in Spain, a sunny 24C. Gets a bit boring seeing constant blue skies.

post-8844-0-94115400-1390743545_thumb.jp

Edited by geordiekev
  • Like 3

Posted

Nick r whereabouts were the pics taken?

Posted

Nick r whereabouts were the pics taken?

On the road from Stanhope to Blanchland, just past where the road bifurcates between the Blanchland and the Edmundbyers roads.

Posted

Thanks for that I'm hoping to see some snow in keld next weekend.

Posted

currently 3c dp -1c looking at the radar no chance of snow tonight and temp to high anyway, off to kip Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

As per the TV forecasts yesterday no snow made it to Darlo a return to wet and windy weather looks on the cards from Saturday

Posted

Best chance of wintry showers looks to be Wednesday night and Thursday with winds coming in from the NE initially before swinging round to the east and eventually the south to south east by Friday

• Like 1

Posted

Been absolutely rubbish this winter for snow prospects, just want spring now so ground can get dried up. I probably gonna not see any snow in dales this weekend either.

Posted

So it's going to be getting relatively colder this week, with relatively being the choice word in that as compared with the winter we've had thus far its an improvement, but still absolutely shocking if it's what a coldie desires for just 3 measly months of a year.

I mean it hasn't been all bad at least theres been some exciting weather with the big atlantic storms rolling in, and it hasn't even been that mild - it's still felt cold. But it just isn't the same is it? 

We in the far north have still probably had more of a winter than those in the south, who've had milder temperatures and some not even a flake of snow, i've had one fairly heavy snow shower back in November, and I know some of us with a bit more elevation had some the other day.

Wintry showers possible then in the next few days... after that who knows hopefully we can have something notable by the end of the winter/ into Spring even. 

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

wed and thurs night looks like we could get snow showers coming in off the north sea with the uppers cold enough,

mindue on some other models the uppers are not as cold to what the UKMO 0z is showing above,

we shall seePosted Image Posted Image