Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 28/10/13 ------

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Through Friday afternoon and evening a warm front moving in off the Atlantic will bring the risk of a spell of snow later on this evening with a subsequent risk of icy conditions. At the moment, above 200m to 250m across Scotland and Northern England then 2cm to 5cm of snowfall seems possible. There may also be a spell of freezing rain as well across some north-eastern areas of country. I have highlighted on the associated graphic which areas may see some snow, freezing rain and icy conditions later today – Note that low lying and coastal areas will see rain or drizzle

Posted Image

Freezing rain it is then.

Posted

Metoffice forecast is for light snow at midnight tonight at my location tonight Posted Image Could have a temporary dusting before it warms up 

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

If any of you are familiar with South Shields, this was the scene at the Groyne earlier this morning.

post-5386-0-57545900-1386332468_thumb.jp

Edited by NL
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Thanks for posting that NL, wish I'd been in the area last night and today.

I'm about 2-3 hours drive from the east coast here, plus my car is currently stuck under a big heavy fence that I can't move from yesterday so I had no chance!

I'm moving back to Stanley soon so it'll be nice to get involved on here a bit more :)

The Midlands thread is nowhere near as good.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Temperatures are slightly higher than expected its currently 4.3c according to one of the stations in town

I found that a lot last winter with the BBC temps i currently make it 3.7c

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/video/2013/dec/06/uk-weather-scarborough-man-rescued-tidal-surge-flood?CMP=twt_gu

this bloke in scarborough was very lucky

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

It has been notable how low ground temperatures got and remain.Most PWS stations round here barely got air temp below freezing as it was quite windy- but ice is widespread and muddy patches frozen hard.Maximum here was 2.6 but falling rapidly already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Light snow forecast in Middlesbrough at midnight. I'll have to have a peak through the blinds whilst watching England crumble again in The Ashes.

yeah hahahaha here too, a bit of lamp post watching

Temp now 2.7c

Posted

disappears into thin air as it hits darlo hahahaha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Calm & 4.2c here with drizzle, what an anti-climax after yesterday! 

• Like 1

Posted

bit of drizzle here in darlo temp1.7c but dp is 0 which is marginal and explains why we have rain rather than snow, 

right come on England lets get a good first innings total Posted Image

BARMY ARMY 

Posted

bit of drizzle here in darlo temp1.7c but dp is 0 which is marginal and explains why we have rain rather than snow, 

right come on England lets get a good first innings total Posted Image

BARMY ARMY

Hahaha another awful day for England. England second best in every department. This series will be a whitewash if England don't get their act together.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A chilly start in Darlington but temperatures will steadily during the day to a high between 7c & 9c

Tomorrow will be even milder along with Monday with highs between 10c and 12c 

Spring bulbs are coming through rapidly here

Posted

I saw some crocus shoot tips showing even a couple of weeks back, but the ground is a lot colder now.I was out just before midnight and fine flakes were falling at 0.1C - seems to have got milder about 3am but almost stayed dry, 7C now.

Posted

Hahaha another awful day for England. England second best in every department. This series will be a whitewash if England don't get their act together.

you can say that again what a pathetic display this England team needs a real shake up some are past there best like swann and prior Posted Image

Also pathetic is this horrible weather we are back in for the life of me i cant understand why people would prefer this weather pattern dull boring gloomy mush

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

8.8c now significantly milder than yesterday and it looks like staying for the foreseeable future according to BBC weather a short time ago

Posted

The Darlo rain shield is working its magic again today rain coming down from the NW as soon as it gets close its fizzling out