Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Phew, that was quite a thread...please continue here....

link to the previous one...

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78277-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-261013/page-72

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

hands up who has model and storm fatigue lol i know i have after 3 hours 4 buses and a lousy journey home by the look of things. trains screwed still and not sure can get out early!!!!! AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

• Like 5

Posted

hands up who has model and storm fatigue 

The Atlantic still has a few Autumn storms to throw at us yet, then we will start to think about the colder period coming up after that, so it's never ending! :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

The Atlantic still has a few Autumn storms to throw at us yet, then we will start to think about the colder period coming up after that, so it's never ending! Posted Image

Yes this is just the start of it all for a good few months now

Posted

What a journey left home at 10, first 1/2 mile to Dartford tunnel about 30 minutes, then stopped for 90 minutes just before the tolls booths, finally made it through the tunnel, only to find M25 shut just after the Thurrock turn off, had enough turned around and came home but that took a further 30 minutes as the stupid idiots will block the roundabouts up, so 21/2hours and done less than 5 miles!

What idiot would have their office in Harlow and live in Dartford. Sorry just realise not weather related.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 1

Posted

I think I have storm fatigue - the lack of sleep and stressful journey to work has taken it's toll on me at work this afternoon.

Early night tonight me thinks!

• Like 4

Posted

And now we can go back to discussing snow Posted Image

I didn't know we started? :unsure: 

Posted

I think the season have been very spot on this year.  A cold winter, a wet spring, a hot summer and now are having our autumn storms.  I think it's the first year the season's have actually realised what they are supposed to do.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

What a journey left home at 10, first 1/2 mile to Dartford tunnel about 30 minutes, then stopped for 90 minutes just before the tolls booths, finally made it through the tunnel, only to find M25 shut just after the Thurrock turn off, had enough turned around and came home but that took a further 30 minutes as the stupid idiots will block the roundabouts up, so 21/2hours and done less than 5 miles!What idiot would have their office in Harlow and live in Dartford. Sorry just realise not weather related.

Well the weather caused the disruption, not that you should worry too much about all posts having a weather theme imho.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Well I put my hands up and admit I was wrong, although I was not well last night to experience all of the storm it certainly woke me up at times in the early hours. Got some pics of a tree that went down into someones front in HB!

Although "SUPER STORM", "MEGA STORM" were WAY WAY OTT

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Well, I'd like wet and windy until after Christmas and lots of snow in January.

I'll shut door on me way out..............:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

Torrential rain shower currently here in Wembley.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

It's still rather blustery out there! We've been out twice, once to look at the poor trees and second time to collect my bank card which I apparently dropped whilst looking at the trees!

Took a few pics. These were in the park which is outside my house. We were lucky that the big tall trees on the doorstep held their ground well otherwise we might have acquired a new house plant. There are trees down all over town and someone's car was squashed by a falling tree in my Dads Road :(

No idea why they are sideways, this always seems to happen with iphone pics?!

I feel shattered after all that excitement and staying up most of the night. Might as well get used to it though, it will soon be Snow watch :)

post-16115-0-38499400-1382965744_thumb.j

post-16115-0-03122700-1382965784_thumb.j

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Still no trains from Shenfield north due to power line disruption. I will have to continue working in our chelmsford office. I can link to my emails etc, but unfortunately the computer i am using does not have the same software which means that some of my work I wish to undertake is off limits.

Just had a short gusty shower here.

Hopefully the trains will be back running tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Gusty shower here with some juicy clouds going past!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Well, very glad its all over Posted Image

Its a regular bright and breezy day with a few passing showers after what eventually turned into quite a gale last night after about 2am. The strongest gusts were an hour or so after this, but it got to 4am and eventually tiredness overcame the noise, and sleep finally arrived.  Just before bedtime though it seems a few tiles had come off the roof as some water started leaking into the attic room at the top of the house - so a mop and bucket dealt with that to catch any remaining water from the roof.

Other than that no problems at all here which is to be very thankful for considering the problems that some people have with disruption and being without powerPosted Image

I'm heading to Bexhill shortly and will see what the local area is like on the way. Best wishes to Alpine Glow after her reported bumpy night (as reported on the dedicated storm thread) at the Caravan Park here in Hastings!

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר

Posted

No idea why they are sideways, this always seems to happen with iphone pics?!

Yep, it's because you took them sideways but IPhones/Pads, smartphones tablets etc automatically rotate them for viewing, but don't save them like that - you have to photo manipulate and turn them first. 

• Like 1

Posted

Well the weather caused the disruption, not that you should worry too much about all posts having a weather theme imho.

Trouble is mine never do have anything to do with the weather :-) oh bugger done it again.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Yep, it's because you took them sideways but IPhones/Pads, smartphones tablets etc automatically rotate them for viewing, but don't save them like that - you have to photo manipulate and turn them first.

Ahh thank you! This has been bugging me since I joined haha

Posted

Still no trains from Shenfield north due to power line disruption. I will have to continue working in our chelmsford office. I can link to my emails etc, but unfortunately the computer i am using does not have the same software which means that some of my work I wish to undertake is off limits.

Just had a short gusty shower here.

Hopefully the trains will be back running tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Dave

No idea why, but I scanned this as reading 'just had a short guy shower here'! Note to self - read more carefully.

My storm experience involved being woken by very heavy and/or windy rain at 2am that kept me awake for an hour then at 6 the true storm hit sounding literally as if a giant hand was knocking repeatedly on the side of the house; checked the garden to find our little plastic paddling pool from the summer was off for a little walk around, but everything else intact. My sister and her kids had a sleepless night in the caravan in Swanage due to all the noise of wind and rain, but all safe and sound by morning.

My heart goes out to those poor teenagers who have lost their lives, plus the poor chap killed in his car this morning, and thoughts are with their families at this time. 

• Like 4