Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Persistent rain here and quite windy, 50+mph gusts. Temperature is around 10c the heating is appreciated though it looks like i'll have to sweep the chimney and light the fire tomorrow if it stays anything like this...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

10.1mm of rain so far this evening, pressure falling rapidly 989mb currently and wind beginning to pick up now.

Edited by karlos1983

Guest William Grimsley

Well, it's been a very wet and very windy evening, here. High Rainfall Rate Today: 14.6 mm/hr 01:49 High Hourly Rainfall Today: 4.2 mm 18:47 Rainfall Today: 12.4 mm High Wind Gust Today: 29 mph 18:57 High Wind Speed Today: 15 mph 18:50 Wind Run Today: 150.4 mi Dominant Direction Today: 227° SW.

Edited by William Grimsley

Guest William Grimsley

Agreed William, been wild tonight with a heck of a lot of rain but now strangely quite

Yes it has gone very quiet since 19:51, here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Things getting pretty lively down here in Jersey - currently F7 G50 due to increase in the next hour or two G8 to SG9 G60. Our lifeboat is currently out together with the Guernsey and French lifeboats searching for 2 people missing on board a vessel that was heading towards the Ecrehous at 6pm. Our search and rescue plane was also out but has made a crash landing in a field in the north of the island as it was experiencing difficulties. Thankfully, all 5 crew on board are reportedly safe and well but it does make me wonder at this time what on earth were the two people thinking heading out in this weather in the first place! 

http://www.channelonline.tv/channelonline/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=507984

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

This mild weather and lack of any cold means I have had to cut the lawn again, can't remember ever cutting the grass in November before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

This mild weather and lack of any cold means I have had to cut the lawn again, can't remember ever cutting the grass in November before.

same I don't normally cut mine past early October its a little annoying to be honest because its also to damn wet to cut all the time

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Temps though dropped this morning and it looks brighter out there. Thernometer says 4 degrees so ill find out when I take the horse out this morn... Brrhh. ;) have a good day all.

Guest William Grimsley

It was wet and mild with a strong wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 14.6 mm/hr 01:49 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 4.2 mm 18:47 Rainfall Yesterday: 12.4 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 13.0°C 21:54 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 29 mph 18:57 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 15 mph 18:50 Wind Run Yesterday: 182.3 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 226° SW.

Posted

18.1mm of rain fell in total from that system, could see the totals rack up this week looking at the models.

Chilly morning 6.1C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Chilly start after a minimum of 2.6C but lovely and sunny with no wind - makes a change. Tomorrow not looking too bad either after the early rain has cleared away to the east.

Posted

Well, what a contrast to yesterday.

Beautiful, sunny and v warm. Around 24c already. Forecast to hit 27c today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It was a wet ol' evening yesterday! Travelling to Poole was a nightmare, flooding in a few places. 21.2mm fell here between about 4pm and 9pm - It got windy after the rain had cleared but it wasn't noteworthy to be honest.

Currently 10C and post-15177-0-90283600-1371639750.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

9.0c Sunny Some cloud about.

Posted

Several firsts for this Autumn ; the first morning where the temperature kept dropping at sunrise before picking up again and the first evening where it will turn cold quickly before incoming cloud/rain raises the temperature overnight.

Stunning day today after an extremely wet weekend, November already at 38mm!

• Like 1

Posted

same I don't normally cut mine past early October its a little annoying to be honest because its also to damn wet to cut all the time

Similar sort of thing, I went out and raked the gravel back into a tidy covering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

chilly evening outside tonight if it wasn't for the cloud inbound we would easily see our first air frost but it isn't to be Posted Image

3.8c

• Like 1

Posted

it is feeling cold out there, definitely a different feel to the weather. 

Just 4.2C at the moment

Pressure 999mb

Did any one see a really bright light as the sun was going down this evening to the South, I drive the same way everyday and have never seen it before, certainly to big to be a star, was just wondering if anyone knew what it was or saw it?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Did any one see a really bright light as the sun was going down this evening to the South, I drive the same way everyday and have never seen it before, certainly to big to be a star, was just wondering if anyone knew what it was or saw it?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I saw it too! I believe I saw it the other day too but then it moved very slowly towards the west and I wrote it off as a helicopter hovering. I was amazed to see it again tonight. I guess it will be a star though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Nope, it is definitely not a shooting star, at least the two lights I have seen were not. Curious in deed Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I saw it too! I believe I saw it the other day too but then it moved very slowly towards the west and I wrote it off as a helicopter hovering. I was amazed to see it again tonight. I guess it will be a star though.

Shooting star? I have seen the same light last week when we had clear skies, tonight however was still light when I got home so didn't get chance to look

• Like 1

Posted

Where was this 'light' in relation to where the Sun was at the time you saw it? If it was to the left of the Sun as you look at it, it may have been Venus.

Posted

There's a joke there somewhere I'm sure of it, but I'll leave that!!

It was left of the setting sun for sure, So it may of been Venus? Cool. I'm no good with my planets, I'm just glad it wasn't Uranus.....

I'll get my coat.....Posted Image