Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I'll have cold and cold with a side serving of cold.

Hailing now...

Posted

Some potent showers of rain and hail smashing against the windows at times. Up to 10.4mm most of it since 6pm and now thundering.

Hmmm, my parents drove back to Westfield (the Radstock-Midsomer Norton version rather than London shopping mall) from Reading leaving at around 6 this afternoon (sister's 40th). Sounds like they may have had a wet and windy trip home. Here in SW London it's been a bit gusty walking the dog and whipping around the windows as I type, but sounds like the Mendips have benefited you chaps with thunder and lightning tonight. 

Guest William Grimsley

It was wet and mild with a strong wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 5.6 mm/hr 11:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.6 mm 19:59 Rainfall Yesterday: 1.2 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 13.7°C 13:34 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 36 mph 17:32 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 20 mph 15:20 Wind Run Yesterday: 188.2 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 234° SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Been a rough old night here in Bath and NE Somerset with almost non stop shower after shower of rain and hail with the occasional flash of lightning and thunder thrown in, the last flash seen at 6:00am. Getting on for 18mm since the inception of showers yesterday afternoon. A good convective night up in this part of the region.

• Like 1

Posted

Some places could receive a right drenching if the current streamer continues overnight.

Well I didn't expect it to be an ongoing streamer not only throughout the night but continuing now and looking set to carry on for a long time yet!

A portion around Wells seems to have had over an inch of rain overnight with approx. half an inch widely either side of that!

If you have the Net Weather Radar check the accumulation over the last 12 hours and you can see where the showers formed over the Bristol Channel and streamed inland.

Edit ; Gibby posted at the same time as me confirming what's been happening.

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

4.5mm total here for yesterday, no heavy showers, hail or thunder and lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

Lovely big anvil over westbury area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well, based on my opinion on where we stand, we have a blustery day ahead although not as bad as yesterday with occasional organised streams of showers slowly dying away by Afternoon. Then comes more rain and wind up from the SW approaches and spreads East to effect almost everywhere in the region by teatime. Tomorrow a nicer day with lighter winds and fewer showers. It is possible that the first proper Air Frost could occur, more especially in central parts of this region overnight Tomorrow into Tuesday before the next onslaught arrives from the Atlantic during the same period. In one word, the outlook remains "changeable" with Temperatures near average by day and above by night.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I missed every one of those showers yesterday, not quite sure how to be honest.

The next batch of rain looks particularly heavy later this afternoon/evening. The NMM shows it reaching the tip of Cornwall by early afternoon, by 7pm, most of our region will be under some very heavy rain, 15 to 20mm quite widely i would have thought.  

Currently 11.6C here, breezy but post-15177-0-61534900-1371394602.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

First sleet of the season today from a intense shower after we had rain and hail to start with. Posted Image  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Heavy, blustery showers here with more on the way ............eek.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Another strange thing I have noticed today is my local forecast on net weather is quite wide of the mark regarding temperatures for today?

Forecast says temperature of 10c this morning but it's hovering around 7.6c at moment and lower in the heavy showers.

Posted

Well...chucking it down here in Fueteventura. Can't believe it!

Radar says rain for next couple of hours. Sulks and tucks into full English....sadly not on the terrace of the bungalow because it's too wet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Frequent heavy hail showers with a consistently falling temperature - I love these clear convective days.

Guest William Grimsley

Only 7c here Posted Image

That's cold. Between 11:37 and 11:55, the temperature dropped 2.8°C from 11.7°C to 8.9°C in the heavy rain shower, here. High Rainfall Rate In The Shower: 7.8 mm/hr 11:52.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I was a little bit sozzled last night (girls night at the bath and west) but the rain woke me up severel times in the night (amazing judging by how I'm feeling today!) and hubby said there was a thunderstorm overhead in wells last night... Gutted I missed it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

7.6c. A few spots on the window pane. Humidity 84%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

yep, raining hard now here.

Are expecting winds this evening then?

Guest William Grimsley

It's getting wet and windy now, here. High Rainfall Rate Today: 14.6 mm/hr 01:49 High Hourly Rainfall Today: 4.2 mm 18:47 Rainfall Today: 9.6 mm High Wind Gust Today: 26 mph 18:49 High Wind Speed Today: 15 mph 18:50 Wind Run Today: 136.0 mi Dominant Direction Today: 234° SW.