Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Thunder and lightning again. Nice bright flashes of purple lightning and some real nice cracks of thunder!

Edited by Karl83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Thunder and lightning again. Nice bright flashes or purple lightning and some real nice cracks or thunder!

Hearing it too. Been a very turbulent day here today! :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep, just to the north of Brizzle according to the lightning detectors....that clump of thundery showers are now shooting off down the M4 corridor making a beeline for my neck of the woods....(I hope!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hi guys, I'm looking to compile a blog post tonight on the storm last night.

I would love to hear your max wind speeds and any damage you had or have seen out and about. This is for anyone in the SW region and the Channel Islands.

Please reply in here or PM me. I would love any photos too!!!!!

Cheers Posted Image

I recorded a 74mph gust at St Albans head when i was there (around midnight) could've got higher but i had to bail out as it got too dangerous. 33mm of rain fell between 5:45pm and 12:45am here, plenty of flooding and debris on the roads on the way back. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Hearing it too. Been a very turbulent day here today! Posted Image

Looks like more to come in the next few hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

I recorded a 74mph gust at St Albans head when i was there (around midnight) could've got higher but i had to bail out as it got too dangerous. 33mm of rain fell between 5:45pm and 12:45am here, plenty of flooding and debris on the roads on the way back. Posted Image

excellent! you got down there. Did you get past the church or did you make it to the coast-watch station. Love that headland spent many a day in my childhood years playing up there and on the under-cliff, admittedly not when the wind was 74mph!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Quite the comedown tonight compared to last night !

I actually just saw tumble weed in the Mod thread. I thought it would be a tad busier due to the chance of storms next week. 

Must admit I bottled it when I was on the Bournemouth overcliffe at around 12:45am, I could barely see and was being blown around quite violently, I just got straight back in my truck and retreated to Sea level. So glad I went out though.

I would post vids and Pictures, but I can't figure out how to do it? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looking for more replies please :D

- AWD & Argyle, could I perhaps use a couple of your photos? :D 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would love to hear your max wind speeds and any damage you had or have seen out and about. This is for anyone in the SW region and the Channel Islands.

Cheers Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I would say that for here at least it was definately the worst winds we have had since January 2007. There were quite a few power flashes and we lost power at around 3:00AM.

I had numourous gusts of 40-44mph with the first wave of winds and then a 50mph gust occoured and broke a branch from a small ash tree and I actually heard it.

The highest gust was 58mph from I think when the squall line came through which far surpases the top record of 45mph that wasn't beaten for the past 2 years since I have had a weather station.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

- AWD & Argyle, could I perhaps use a couple of your photos?

They're not my photo's mate, they are from various local twitter feeds so feel free to do as you please with them as they are all publicy available anyway!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

As its so quiet in here,may I ask what what weather stations up to the value of £70 would anyone recommend for an amature weather enthusiast? Sorry its not a weather related post but soon will be.

Posted

Had a nice dark cloud approach Portbury at about 4:30pm, brought 5-10 minutes of hail and very heavy rain, loved it, even if, briefly. Posted Image

Edited by TimMB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

- AWD & Argyle, could I perhaps use a couple of your photos? :D

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers Posted Image

Please do :-)

• Like 1

Posted

- AWD & Argyle, could I perhaps use a couple of your photos? :D[/

Cheers Posted Image

I would tell you things that happened, but there wouldn't be much to tell ;) Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I would tell you things that happened, but there wouldn't be much to tell Posted Image

Haha. Its like trying to gather children round for story time at the end of a school day. :lol:

Posted

As its so quiet in here,may I ask what what weather stations up to the value of £70 would anyone recommend for an amature weather enthusiast? Sorry its not a weather related post but soon will be.

I looked at a few in that range, but to be honest they didn't give me the overall experience I want. 

Last night for example, I could see the pressure dropping rapidly, hourly rainfall rates, wind speed, direction, wind chill, Dew point, etc etc etc and all very accurate!. Really made the experience all the better, rather than just looking out of the window and reading everyone's  stats in there back yard! I didn't see one on the Market for £70 that would do all that accurately.

I''ve got an Oregon WMR-88, from Amazon for £119.00 delivered. Worth every penny so far, it paid for itself last night imo

Just my opinion of course

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

Oh crickey, the express are at it again, megastorm #2 heading to the uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Oh crickey, the express are at it again, megastorm #2 heading to the uk

Not only that, they are also warning us to get ready for an ice age.http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/439701/Now-get-ready-for-an-Ice-Age-as-experts-warn-of-Siberian-winter-ahead
  • Like 1

Posted
Well that's done it then, Bartlet winter to follow
  • Like 1

Posted

I was out shopping up Cribbs around 5pm, very heavy rain followed by hail, hail came in two bursts each lasting about 45 seconds. Then came some very very impressive lightening. I wwas in asda car park and two prongs of lightening appeared just behind toys r us, very nice crackling sound of thunder followed immediately. Must say don't think I have ever been as close to lightening as I was earlier. I felt the whole car shake.

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

It was wet and mild with a strong wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 2.8 mm/hr 00:48 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 2.4 mm 00:00 Rainfall Yesterday: 2.4 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 15.8°C 00:02 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 47 mph 03:57 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 24 mph 02:30.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Why oh why and how do they get away with writing such garbage. Preying on peoples worries. Done it for years I guess and will always do so. 

• Like 2