Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Seen one tree down this morning on way to work in the village which is quite normal for a blustery autumn day Posted Image  One fell down in a squall about the same size few weeks ago which blocked a37 for longer because it wasn't expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Picked up small branches and placed them in  a hedge. Put  wind blown refuse sacks back in collecting pile as blown onto  street. Swept up Sycamore leaves and seed...Highest gust 19.4 km/h. Lowest  pressure reading 978.9 hpa at 04:49 . Precipitation this morning 6.3mm. Lowest temperature 07:16 8.8c...Kept me awake at various times...Got up at  05:05....Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Picked up small branches and placed them in  a hedge. Put  wind blown refuse sacks back in collecting pile as blown onto  street. Swept up Sycamore leaves and seed...Highest gust 19.4 km/h. Lowest  pressure reading 978.9 hpa at 04:49 . Precipitation this morning 6.3mm. Lowest temperature 07:16 8.8c...Kept me awake at various times...Got up at  05:05....Posted Image

Not a stormy morning person then Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Thunder and Lightning here in Bristol

Had a torrential downpour about 45 mins ago and it has been raining steadily ever since. With last nights rain, we may end up with a high daily rainfall total in Swindon.

Been quite a wet month in general; Just over 100mm so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

What and evening!! Got down to 977.5mb in the end here and highest wind gust was 55mph. No damage, thankfully.... Thoughts are with people who have lost people and possessions....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Heavy squall here on west mendip ,wind picking up ,would not be surprised to hear some thunder ,gone very dark towards weston s mare ,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest from Ian;

"W COUNTRY Confirmation now from @metoffice that highest regional gusts were 75mph at both #Yeovilton, #Somerset & #Lyneham in #Wiltshire

Posted

uh oh, round 2 anyone......?

UKMO 144

Posted Image

ECM seems to agree 

Posted Image

a few adjustments and and I could going out again Posted Image

GEM has ago also

Posted Image

they say to look for trends don't they........?

ROUND 2!

Posted

No problems with the wind last night here.. Just quite a bit of rain. Think we escaped any of the terrible weather. Still a few blustery showers coming through but again this is just a normal Autumn day here. 

Seeing pictures on the news and FB it looks like another world out there cant believe I'm in the same country. 

kaz

• Like 1

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Skullzrulerz, October 28, 2013 - Posted it on wrong forum.
Hidden by Skullzrulerz, October 28, 2013 - Posted it on wrong forum.

This was yesterday i think this is wind speeds if it came off like this the storm will be more worse then last night's storm.

Posted Image

Scary.

Posted

Been out for a quick cycle this morning.... Looks like we escaped quite lightly, just a few branches down here and there, and I saw a bit of fence which had obviously had a branch of some sorts land on it, as there was a sign for 'tree cutting' and a bit of the fence had gone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Around 100 trees down across Dorset roads, not surprising with what i was experiencing. Warnings all justified, i give a big hi-5 to the MO for sticking their neck out at such an early stage.

• Like 4

Another torrential shower/hail storm. It's just been heavy shower after heavy shower here. The radar doesn't look like that will let up anytime soon. Quite worrying. We've already had 23.8mm in the last 24 hours and after last night I imagine that the drains will be blocked with leaves.

I think there must have been nigher gusts in Swindon than the mere 36mph recorded by the local weather station. I can see a tree down from my bedroom window!

• Like 1

Posted

Serious rain in Bristol now, flooding galore. Haven't seen it like this for a long while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

Wow what a night here on Portland , resorted to sleeping downstairs with the kids at around 1.30 am . Living next to chesil was not pleasant last night !

Posted

Latest from Ian;"W COUNTRY Confirmation now from @metoffice that highest regional gusts were 75mph at both #Yeovilton, #Somerset & #Lyneham in #Wiltshire

So, the 72.5mph measured in the harbour wasn't that far short of the highest regional gusts.

• Like 1

Posted

Some more scenes of tree murder around the region.

Bulford;

post-12721-0-09022100-1382962893_thumb.j

Cholderton;

post-12721-0-29641400-1382962970_thumb.j

Bath;

post-12721-0-65397900-1382962993_thumb.j

Central Bristol;

post-12721-0-06880400-1382963015_thumb.j

Wells;

post-12721-0-08517200-1382963036_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

We are used to this kind of wind speed here,trees and chimneys are regularly wind tested, indeed it has blown 100 mph in 2009 at the same Needles old battery.

That's why the Isle of Wight has minimum damage and the inland areas of the mainland are worst effected.

I also notice that lots of the trees felled in the City looked unhealthy around the roots and branches, as a qualified urban tree manager I can say that with some authority, please take pictures of damage before they cut up the trees and remove evidence, it matters to innocent people who have to claim. Some authorities know this and don't like pictures at all, lol.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Wow what a night here on Portland , resorted to sleeping downstairs with the kids at around 1.30 am . Living next to chesil was not pleasant last night !

Indeed! What was the road like out to Portland this morning from the fleet, I can imagine covered in stones?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

Indeed! What was the road like out to Portland this morning from the fleet, I can imagine covered in stones?

It was actually fine as far as I know , I think they did close it for a few hours though when the winds were at there worst . My garden actually came off lightly too considering how bad it was down here . The cast iron chiminea went walkies though ! Impressive considering it takes two to lift it normally !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I know the dark arrives quicker when we leave BST, but I do enjoy being able to model watch an hour early Posted Image certainly makes the last hour of work much easier going! Unless of course there is an impending storm/Blizzard, that's always stressful !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Well I set off to bed last night and it was quite calm, did not get woken up in the night by anything, the added insulation and uPVC double glazing certainly paid divideds last night, as my first warning on how bad it was just after 6am was me going out to work and seeing bins, bags, leaves, branches and other stuff sailing past me, and it was chucking it down, all the roads suffered some significant surface water buildup (well the ones I used did anyway)

It was actually fine as far as I know , I think they did close it for a few hours though when the winds were at there worst .My garden actually came off lightly too considering how bad it was down here . The cast iron chiminea went walkies though ! Impressive considering it takes two to lift it normally !!

I bet the Fleet and river Wey looks far different from the pictures I posted recently show, not even two weeks ago when I took them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hi guys, I'm looking to compile a blog post tonight on the storm last night.

I would love to hear your max wind speeds and any damage you had or have seen out and about. This is for anyone in the SW region and the Channel Islands.

Please reply in here or PM me. I would love any photos too!!!!!

Cheers :)