Sign in to follow this  
A.J

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

So far at work there have been 5 trees come down on the line between Bath & Salisbury.

Apart from that, I'm getting wet but that's it! Posted Image

Stay safe!

Under a heavy squall at the moment - producing stronger winds than seen all night. I don't think the worst has even gotten here yet.

According to met office site there were 75mph gusts at 5am here! That was just after the worst of the winds too. Crazy this far inland.

Stay safe!

Under a heavy squall at the moment - producing stronger winds than seen all night. I don't think the worst has even gotten here yet.

Same here in West Oxon, proper stormy now with really heavy rain and what must be at least 40mph gusts.

That's me done I think I need to sleep! Stay safe everyone! :)

• Like 1

Worst it has been all night here in Arborfield near Reading. Last 10 minutes really frightening wind gusts which are virtually constant.

• Like 1

Heavy rain here and too wind gust of 46mph moments ago.

BBC Berkshire reporting that the worst of the winds are to hit the county between 8-9 am this morning which is scary as it's already ferocious out there,

"WARNING: Wiltshire Berkshire Herts Beds to Essex and Suffolk ...gusts inland possible over 80mph anytime now."

This was tweeted by BBC's Thomasz Schafernaker abour 15 minutes ago.

• Like 1

"WARNING: Wiltshire Berkshire Herts Beds to Essex and Suffolk ...gusts inland possible over 80mph anytime now."This was tweeted by BBC's Thomasz Schafernaker abour 15 minutes ago.

I suspect he was referring to that squall line... Calmed a bit now.. Rain is more heavier..

Thankfully nothing serious here in Weston, just some heavy rain and a very brief windy period around 4am to 5am

I'm glad to say not been too bad around here. We had a gust of 49mph and Falmouth 57. Fairly quiet at the moment. Also glad to say so far I haven't heard of any shipping disasters.

The METO has been pretty much spot on over the last three days.

Max gust of 27mph at my local station. So I was either sheltered or it didn't deepen early enough to affect me.

Great, just looked into my garden, fence panels all over the place, Not all of them though. What storm eh.....

Worst over here now, still very blowy

• Like 1

Not that I'm taking this personally, but now it's light I can see chaos in my garden and a smashed greenhouse in the garden behind, but either side of me have trampolines that don't appear to have budged an inch. Hmm.

• Like 1

I find it crazy how the max gust here so far has been 36.8mph, but Lyneham just 12 miles away has recorded wind gusts of over double that. I know they are more exposed, but that's quite a surprise to me

Not been anything out of the ordinary regarding the wind here in Frome. Hope everyone ok elsewhere and no injuries.

Brief power outage around 5am as the wind whipped up in Warminster and 23mm of rain in my gauge, NW Radar suggests much more a few miles South.

Totaled 42.4mm of rain from this event. Wasn't expecting that.