Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

how many on here are going to manage to stay up? I think I will give it another hour. Thanks to all who are still awake and posting makes for a great overview of what is going on out there. keeeeep posting.

kaz

I am thinking along the same lines... another hour just to see if more happens!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I think its safe to say, the deepening of the low as it heads NE away from our region will be when the peak gusts will arrive. Currently experiencing the strongest winds, I would think are parts of Cornwall and other coastal regions as the wind gradient increases. Please remember any wind gusts over 50mph are not to be messed with and these will occur widely over the coming hours. Again, I reiterate the strongest life-threatening and damaging gusts will as suggested consistently over many runs now will likely occur during the hours 0800 to 1200hrs over SE England. The wind speeds should be less severe for this part of the world in all honesty. But in this game, I would never take anything for granted. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Ryde, Isle of Wight, frightening now, the gusts are increasingly strong. Whatever is happening inland the coast is really getting it and the real strong winds aren't here yet. This is serious now

Posted

I'll try, but i'm finding things very boring here.

I think it would be best for you to go to sleep... Have a nap for an hour or two, then you might experience some more interesting weather!

Posted

Someone did say it had gone flat, does this mean game over?

Where is the low on the latest surface analyses? This has left me a bit confused! http://meteocentre.com/analyses/map.php?lang=en&map=eur_full&area=eur&size=large

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sw gales or lot's of snow

temp is 15.3, it has risen a bit as your's did

Sorry, reply to nesscottage

Edited by Deep Channel low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

GTLTW - From monitoring Twitter and FB, I'm pretty sure few people in the south-east know about this upgrade for their region. Also talk on the other thread that the METO were thinking of issuing a red warning for North Norfolk - presumably this would be in the middle of Monday, whilst all the talk today has been of the main event being over around rush hour. A bit worrying now that the non-event meme has gone viral....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Where is the low on the latest surface analyses? This has left me a bit confused! http://meteocentre.com/analyses/map.php?lang=en&map=eur_full&area=eur&size=large

Pass.

I think it must be the wavy lines.

See this post of mine from 1/2hr ago.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78293-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-271013-1730z/?p=2820068

• Like 1

Posted

I would like to break the news to all of you that the search for the 14 year old Boy has been called off.very sad...

That is so sad, Iv got a son the same age and I dont even want to try to imagine what his family are going through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

I think it must be the wavy lines.

Post of the night!!!

Starting to get a bit roar-y out there now!

Posted

That is so sad, Iv got a son the same age and I dont even want to try to imagine what his family are going through.

I just have the old feeling it may not be the last death.

Posted

Got to bed but couldn't stop wondering what the weather is doing so switched the laptop on... Must save some battery for later in case it is needed!!!

986.3 dropping at 3.5 p/h - temp 13.2

from here... http://www.weatherfamily.org/bracknell/wxhome.html

Posted

the wind does seem to be tracking more along the english channel areas from what i can see on the wind observation map. some very serious winds there. 

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Very very sad to hear the news of the young lad i saw earlier that the search had been called off. 

kaz

• Like 1

Posted

GTLTW - From monitoring Twitter and FB, I'm pretty sure few people in the south-east know about this upgrade for their region. Also talk on the other thread that the METO were thinking of issuing a red warning for North Norfolk - presumably this would be in the middle of Monday, whilst all the talk today has been of the main event being over around rush hour. A bit worrying now that the non-event meme has gone viral....

Its still not a certainty when the worst weather will hit even now but AWDs (official MetO) map from earlier makes me worry for those SE commuters in particular, given the timing. The Wash area will not be a place to be fishing tomorrow and neither will parts of coastal Holland, Germany and Belgium come the afternoon.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

A badger has just wandered past the window as though its quite normal, cool character, still gusting around the 70 mark here. house shaking in the gusts, 

• Like 2

Posted

What peak winds will cornwall get?

Whatever you're getting now. Posted Image  Are there any stations online near you?