Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted

Hello everyone :)

We have had a few showers today and gusts of 32.2mph.  I haven't had a chance to catch up on weather in the last few days but hear it could be worse than last weekend (which really wasn't too bad here although we did have a fair few trees down in Bracknell).

Sounds like you guys down in the SW are getting hammered.  Stay safe y'all Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow and storms

Lovely out in the Garden this morning, warm enough for my shorts to make a reappearance while I was raking up the leaves and debris off our oak tree. Clouded up at lunch time with several very light showers. Blustery now but still mild.

Posted

Wind is a bit rubbish at home considering what other places have, average 12mph with the 10 minute gust being 23mph lol. Top gust today is 32mph.

My anemometer is open to the SW and West, though presumably some shelter from Dartmoor as well as local topography and me being in a N-S orientated valley means we don't get strong SW winds so much. S-SE and NW winds would be stronger at home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Wind here is very gusty. Can hear the house creaking at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very windy here at the moment in the midst of a heavy shower -  rain scurrying along the road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Things could start to ramp up a bit in the coming hours judging by what is a fairly active radar. I predict my strongest gusts will be forthcoming as some of the heavier showers hit, say from 1830 onwards. Probably at its most active now in the West and over the coming hours, the risk will spread East with the showers. It sure has been a wild day in Wales, but nothing more than they are used to, I guess.

post-7183-0-17403200-1383415271_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

The wind is absolutely terrible out there me and my plastic greenhouse almost flew across the field lol.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Very gusty here as well.Although saying that there seems to be a lull atm ,but all afternoon violent gusts have blown trees around .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Huge downpour going through at the moment - torrential rain and hail blowing sideways and temperature has dropped into single figures! Feel sorry for the guy walking his dog down my street...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Quite gusty here on west mendip ,but dry some showers further north on radar ,looks like 7pm till 10pm could be interesting if any potent showers crop up ,iv noticed a few flashes from fireworks in distance ,lets hope things stay safe ,our lights flickered just ,we do have some nasty gusts right now .not sure what to make of radar at moment ,showres out west seem to be heading further south ,but of course with colder air coming in they could suddenly form over sea ,Posted Image

Posted

Amazing to think that this time last year, well tomorrow to be exact, some parts of our region saw snow.

I was in Fuerteventura then and am there again now. 26c and sunny today with high cloud later on today.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

You can see the shower clouds streaming in off the Bristol Channel here;

http://neige.meteociel.fr/satellite/anim_ir.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Windy and gusty still here in Newbury and watching poor peoples fireworks just drift away when they go up...still the Newbury firework show end looked spectacular... all seen from my house in the warm with a cuppa...:)  To me this weather seems very seasonal and autumnal. Great. Lovely sunny and gusty day for most of it - and brilliant for drying the washing. Hurrah for these days and I am pleased there is no snow yet and temps are ok..means those thieving energy company get less of my hard earned cash.. Keep at it British weather ;) ....

Wondering how the weather tonight will fair. Hopefully not too gusty I could do with some sleep ;)

• Like 1

Posted

The squall line clearance at around 12.30 was amazing, I was driving along the A303 and went from torrential blowing rain to clear blue sky within a minute!

Very gusty here as well.Although saying that there seems to be a lull atm ,but all afternoon violent gusts have blown trees around .

I was in Wellington for football this afternoon and it certainly was a howling gusting gale!

Posted

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=0.274603759494738

hi just popped  in just seen this on  net weather  keep safe down there  !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I'll have cold and cold with a side serving of cold.

Long time lurker but its thundering and lightening in Cheddar

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Some potent showers of rain and hail smashing against the windows at times. Up to 10.4mm most of it since 6pm and now thundering.

Edited by Gibby
  • Like 1

Posted

Most of the showers must being south of here as it's even starting to dry up had a few fireworks going off tonight also

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Only real rain here today was from the squall line around midday.  A few very light and brief showers this evening and realtively calm too.

Posted

Gibby and Steffi's reports encouraged me to go and look W/NW and I was rewarded with 2 bright flashes in the last 10 minutes.

Quite amazing that we're still getting thundery activity into November after what was an active October, I can only guess the temperature difference between the Bristol Channel and the land is generating CBs which are then being aided by the high ground of the Mendips.

Some places could receive a right drenching if the current streamer continues overnight.