Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted

Hearing some low sub-sonic boom. Don't know if it's tree-clearers or just the regular Monday morning Green Bin men. Might be the Bristol buzz that people harp on about LOL

More gusts, come on, I want more !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I must say the MetO should be pretty happy with their forecast judging by the events so far, maybe a tad overhyped (especially in media cicles) but then again better to safe than sorry. And, the worst is yet to come for many of us.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 3

Posted

All gone quiet here now, think are main problem will be flooding. but defo north devon has missed any high winds, just a few high gusts when the heavy rain goes through.

I have no idea where the center is as looking at the radar its so hard to pin point it. It cant still be off the Cornwall coast it must have moved up the Bristol Chanel by now? I dunno anyone no? 

kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Right you lot, I'm off to bed.

Please follow my advice from earlier, which was as follows.

"I suspect the official agencies will also be monitoring the online forums for any significant news reports and consequently for any reliable data. So with that in mind, I beg you all to please continue posting as much as is feasible and keep the postings sensible."

Furthermore, it is best to track the storm via satellite and radar now and follow my assessment which still rings true, all in my humble opinion. Here it is again, play nice and take care.

Somerset, Dorset and BANES area should be bracing themselves for the worst between 2am and 5am.

Wiltshire, Berkshire, inland Hampshire and Oxfordshire, from 3am to 6am.

Just my tuppence as it is already impacting some coastal regions rather badly, these rules are only for inland areas.

Its blowing well as I type in actual fact but we ain't seen nothing yet.Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

All gone quiet here now, think are main problem will be flooding. but defo north devon has missed any high winds, just a few high gusts when the heavy rain goes through.

I have no idea where the center is as looking at the radar its so hard to pin point it. It cant still be off the Cornwall coast it must have moved up the Bristol Chanel by now? I dunno anyone no? 

kaz

Yes approximately Bristol area, behind and around it, it will be blowing a hoolie for a hour or so and then the risk for stronger winds still (further deepening of the low) spreads NE'wards out of our region by daybreak. The issues then will be the clearing up of debris, flooding etc. whilst it will still be effecting the SE until mid-morning gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Wow! Thought my bedroom window was gonna come in just then - never heard a noise like that before! No way I can sleep through this...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Yep night all

Posted

Good night peeps. When it's coming down my chimney, I know it's a strong wind. Gusts are getting more frequent. Nothing I haven't heard before, but some definite strong gusts going on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Thats it I'm done on both sides now. Blowing like a goodun.

Off back into my tent. Might be gone some time :)

Nighty night.

Time to sleep for a few hours.

Curent pressure is at 979.2mb, and max gust so far is 35.0mph. I would guess the low is currently at around 978mb, and seems to be moving slower than expected, and slightly further north. This gives the system a little longer to intensify before getting to the far south east where there really could be some problems tomorrow morning.

Stay safe everyone, I'll be back in a few hours!

Posted

The rain cleared around midnight - 14mm for the day, most of it after about 9 pm.

Wind picked up not long ago and it's getting a bit noisy out there now but not as windy as yesterday afternoon yet.

Things rattling and bouncing around in other people's gardens.....

Max gust tonight - 28.2 mph - sounds like more....

Pressure falling rapidly - down to 980.7 mb.

Temperature risen to 16.6C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy storms and lots of snow!

Power has gone here, about 20 minutes ago after an amazing gust of wind. All animals are very unsettled... thought it was meant to lessen not get worse lol!

Posted

Bit of rain here but certainly no wind; looks increasingly like a none event up this neck of the woods at least. Anyway, ran out of cider now, so it's off to bed for me,

Bill

Posted

Rain here at the moment is horrendous really coming down out there and some strong gusts of wind! 

Posted

Rain here at the moment is horrendous really coming down out there and some strong gusts of wind! 

It got up to around 25mph here in filton but has suddenly dropped off, rainfall is increasing. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow cold weather and storms

Any trees down on Isle of Wight doubt it seems a bit of a none event plenty of rain though !