Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The next question is (not that I really wish for one, well hell, as long as everyone is safe) what would a Stingjet look like on radar? I ask as there's some beefy squalls now following the main rain band in over West Cornwall. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Haywards Heath just North of Brighton. went to bed an hour ago thinking nothing was going to happen then got woken up ... Mulled wine on the way cos this might be a pretty good show after all!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The trees be rustling, here we go!

Posted

The next question is (not that I really wish for one, well hell, as long as everyone is safe) what would a Stingjet look like on radar? I ask as there's some beefy squalls now following the main rain band in over West Cornwall. Posted Image

Google image sting jet and it will show you what it looks like :)

• Like 1

Posted

winds have defiantly picked up here in the last 10mins or so. more gusts than sustained wind. But not as bad as it has been over the last few days.

kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Temps up up and away like the leaves from the trees. T'was 12.8c at 1am and is now 14.7c. I almost hate to say so, but that bears an uncanny resemblance to a certain event from the eighties with Temps all over the place.

Sorry to post this again but it is eerily similar.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78293-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-271013-1730z/page-11#entry2819841

The important thing to note now is precisely where the depression heads over the next few hours.,

• Like 1

Posted

The temperature rises we're seeing are down to the fact the warm front of this storm has just gone through.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Well we are down to 980mb and it is very violent out there. Trees are moving pretty harshly now and the wind is battering my windows. I am off to bed now to see if I can sleep!!

• Like 1

Posted

The temperature rises we're seeing are down to the fact the warm front of this storm has just gone through.

Thanks Nick, hopefully nothing more then. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Its just upped a little then away down to below 70s again, I can hear the sea its foamy white for a long way offshore no doubt.

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

Wind is starting to pick up here now just opened the window and its gusting a little bit don't know the speed though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'm back from my adventures, let me tell you that it is very dicey here on the Dirset coast, I'll endeavor to get pics and vids up tomorrow at some stage.

Waves splashing over the walls at sandbanks, debris everywhere, branches, big ones already down, flooding is widespread, photos to support that also.

I got out of my truck a few times and was struggling to stay on my feet, the wind appeared from nowhere.

Regardless of what this storm did or didn't turn out to be, I've not felt wind like that for quite some time. In my location I can confirm there's a storm going on!!

There will certainly be trees down.

Safely back in my house now!

No idea where the storm is centred currently as I've been out the loop for 2 hours?

What have the max gusts been in the region so far?

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 5

Posted

Yep, like Zephyr said, the calm has passed. Still heavy rain but starting to pick up gusts now. Just sporadic for the time being, but strong when they occur. Only a matter of time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've mentioned it in the storm thread, St Albans head was bad! The wind was gusting to 74mph on my anemometer, sustained was 45mph+ I haven't seen anything like it for many years, flooding all over the place! 33mm of rain has fallen here, not surprising, there is flooding all over the place.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm back from my adventures, let me tell you that it is very dicey here on the Dirset coast, I'll endeavor to get pics and vids up tomorrow at some stage.Waves splashing over the walls at sandbanks, debris everywhere, branches, big ones already down, flooding is widespread, photos to support that also.I got out of my truck a few times and was struggling to stay on my feet, the wind appeared from nowhere.Regardless of what this storm did or didn't turn out to be, I've not felt wind like that for quite some time. In my location I can confirm there's a storm going on!!There will certainly be trees down.Safely back in my house now!No idea where the storm is centred currently as I've been out the loop for 2 hours?What have the max gusts been in the region so far?

92mph on the IOW!

• Like 1

I'm back from my adventures, let me tell you that it is very dicey here on the Dirset coast, I'll endeavor to get pics and vids up tomorrow at some stage.Waves splashing over the walls at sandbanks, debris everywhere, branches, big ones already down, flooding is widespread, photos to support that also.I got out of my truck a few times and was struggling to stay on my feet, the wind appeared from nowhere.Regardless of what this storm did or didn't turn out to be, I've not felt wind like that for quite some time. In my location I can confirm there's a storm going on!!There will certainly be trees down.Safely back in my house now!No idea where the storm is centred currently as I've been out the loop for 2 hours?What have the max gusts been in the region so far?

Can't wait to see those pics!

Max gust is 92mph on the Isle of Wight, and the center is still near Northern Cornwall, as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

Posted

If you're staying up much longer, follow my analysis from earlier as I'd imagine it won't be too far off.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78293-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-271013-1730z/?p=2820249

Posted

Hey karlos, great reporting - but make sure you stay safe! I think your area is getting the brunt of this, could get steadily worse as the night goes on. Moving up the South coast and across the South East into Anglia region. Back edge wrap-around from the NW looking like causing the most damage after all the flooding has done it's worst to weaken tree root systems and leaves blocking drains.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Just went outside to see what it was like.... hmmm... would not want to be too much further from my front door!! Right, really time for bed now!!

• Like 2

Posted

A few peak gust readings from weatheronline. They don't quite correlate to other reports but they give you some idea, just imagine what it will be like later, further SE too. Posted Image

UK - Peak gusts [mph]

October 28, 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Hey karlos, great reporting - but make sure you stay safe! I think your area is getting the brunt of this, could get steadily worse as the night goes on. Moving up the South coast and across the South East into Anglia region. Back edge wrap-around from the NW looking like causing the most damage after all the flooding has done it's worst to weaken tree root systems and leaves blocking drains.

Apart from the obvious risk of venturing out, I didn't take any risks, keeping the balance of embracing this amazing weather and respecting it at the same time is always top of my mind. Strong beast is Mother Nature
  • Like 1

Posted

Think I'm gonna grab a couple of hours sleep and see what it's like at 4am. Stay safe folks!

• Like 1