Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted

#StormSWT - Amended service on Monday 28 October 2013 We are advising passengers not to travel today (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rqiucg 

Ah same as earlier.. just tweeted same thing again

I can actully hear the wind abit now, So guess its slowly picking up

A

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

It is strange, sat in bed and can hardly hear any wind, just an average stormy night, assuming that this is it of course (axminster devon) I might be back tracking when Iv lost my roof.

Posted

Whow thought they might have peaked here in Dartmoor as well but just had a couple of incredible gusts. My car was written of in the 1987 storm. A roof from a warehouse landed on it and that was in the morning when things were easing of, so take care.

Posted

Off to bed now - definitely a possibility for red warning in Norfolk

Latest shipping 

German Bight, Humber

Southwest 7 to severe gale 9, becoming cyclonic severe gale 9 to violent storm 11, perhaps hurricane force 12 later. Rough or very rough. Rain. Moderate or poor

• Like 1

Posted

Dropped from 987 to 985 within half hour, Rain also picking up and temperatures rising.Gusts are currently at that 0-2mph range but starting to enter the 0-3mph range.

Dropped to 983 by the time I had walked the dog, We have rain, not heavy but is very constant, lots of surface water starting to appear as the ground is already saturated. I have like a stream next to my property which is for water to run off. All the time I have lived here it has been completely dry, Just been out and for the first time its a full flowing stream which I recon with a bit more rain will burst its banks and encroach on the dual carriageway next to it. Wind gusts up to 7mph.

Posted

Update from Camborne, still raining and quite windy, but I got to say this is nothing more than an average Autumnal storm that happens well, every Autumn.  I suppose I got sucked into the hype and was expecting something that was a once in a generation type thing, which it is nothing of the sort.

Oh well, in a few weeks I'll be getting disappointed about snow events as happens every winter.  Time for bed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just a crude estimate of how I see things developing in terms of wind impact over the coming hours. When looking at the attached radar grab I think the area encircled in red roughly represents the surface feature. So, bearing this in mind, say its moving at 60mph or so (might be way out, pass!) then the winds will be at their strongest around the feature for around two to three hours or thereabouts.

post-7183-0-22376000-1382922626_thumb.jp

This would suggest Cornwall and Devon will be impacted over the next hour or so, given they are already under the influence of this depression.

Somerset, Dorset and BANES area should be bracing themselves for the worst between 2am and 5am.

Wiltshire, Berkshire, inland Hampshire and Oxfordshire, from 3am to 6am.

Just my tuppence as it is already impacting some coastal regions rather badly, these rules are only for inland areas.

Its blowing well as I type in actual fact but we ain't seen nothing yet.Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Wind gusts still only 5mph, and pressure now 983.2mb. This is strange..

I am sure you will be awoken from this peace and quiet in a short while, its blowing a fair bit here by the Channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Evening all.

Well morning all to those still up. Wind has arrived pretty much on que forecast as early Monday morning.

Gusts have stepped up a notch and are pretty violent now having just gone on a garden walkabout.

Eyes are on the ground so not sure how much longer I can hold out, bit of a lightweight :)

Soon be snow watch !

Central North Hampshire.

• Like 1

Posted

The low is back on the latest surface analyses currently (01h) 982mb ties in with station data people have posted on here.. 

http://meteocentre.com/analyses/map.php?lang=en&map=eur_full&area=eur&size=large

• Like 1

Just a crude estimate of how I see things developing in terms of wind impact over the coming hours. When looking at the attached radar grab I think the area encircled in red roughly represents the surface feature. So, bearing this in mind, say its moving at 60mph or so (might be way out, pass!) then the winds will be at their strongest around the feature for around two to three hours or thereabouts.

Posted Image0045GMT 281013 NW v6 radar.jpg

This would suggest Cornwall and Devon will be impacted over the next hour or so, given they are already under the influence of this depression.

Somerset, Dorset and BANES area should be bracing themselves for the worst between 2am and 5am.

Wiltshire, Berkshire, inland Hampshire and Oxfordshire, from 3am to 6am.

Just my tuppence as it is already impacting some coastal regions rather badly, these rules are only for inland areas.

Its blowing well as I type in actual fact but we ain't seen nothing yet.Posted Image

Great post! thanks for that.

If it's the case that Hampshire won't feel the full force until atleast 3AM, then that is worrying. A gust of 67mph was already recorded at Lee on Solent, Hampshire.

Posted

Marked increase to the wind here now.

The rain is being driven into sheets

Still nothing here yet, but you are more exposed over there. rain has eased right off for now. just had a wee check and the wind has picked up just a little.

will give it until 2am then sleep

kaz

cancel that rain is bucketing down again now.

Edited by kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

92mph on the Isle of Wight. Bizarre, calm as calm can be here!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

92mph on the Isle of Wight. Bizarre, calm as calm can be here!

Shake shudder crash bang whoooosh, its fairly windy here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Great post! thanks for that.

If it's the case that Hampshire won't feel the full force until atleast 3AM, then that is worrying. A gust of 67mph was already recorded at Lee on Solent, Hampshire.

Yes, my crude guesswork was for inland Hants and I appreciate things are much different down on the coast with some scary gusts coming from there right now.

Posted

Winds starting to get a bit hairy down here now in West Sussex

, sounded like a freight train going through!!

Edited by Averilla

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Greetings Averilla, where are you based ?