Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Pretty much no wind or rain here now in Somerset!!! When's this storm gunna

Yeah, I guess calm before storm... Slight bit of wind now for me here, so am assuming you may be experiencing this as well. Not strong gusts, probably around 15mph, but there was seemingly no wind around 20 minutes ago, so maybe it's just a matter of waiting!

AWD , posted a timing chart for the winds to arrive and we are on an overlap from 1am-7am or 5am 10pm..............

and yes the wind is picking up slightly too........could be a long night :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A recent satellite image for you all indicating the approximate positioning of the surface feature encircled in red. The winds will be at their strongest within a 50 mile or so radius of the depression as it tracks across the mainland over the coming hours.

post-7183-0-36227500-1382919562_thumb.jp

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Seems that the winds are picking up in a lot of places now, and pressure still falling very rapidly.

Sky News reporting Met Office have warned of 92mph winds tomorrow morning along the south east coast... How much do they expect this to bomb? Posted Image

Sounds like they've misquoted. Apparently they may have taken the 1000-3000ft speeds, and taken them as surface speeds... Very irresponsible to be honest!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

Greeting from West Oxfordshire. Persistent moderate rain for last hour and a half. Leaves everywhere from todays wind so pretty messy out there although fairly calm at the moment.

Look forward to how this pans out over the next 12 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Time to tuck into the remains of last night's pizza and see how long I can last through the night!

Rain really coming down now, although still barely a breath of wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

-5mb in an hour? I know this graph doesn't allow for the decimals, but still... Posted Image

http://southamptonweather.co.uk/wxflashchart-day.php

• Like 1

Posted

Dropped from 987 to 985 within half hour, Rain also picking up and temperatures rising.Gusts are currently at that 0-2mph range but starting to enter the 0-3mph range.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy storms and lots of snow!

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker but new poster :)

The rain has caused the biggest problems so far here (Mere) My whole yard is under about 10cm of water ! Prone to flooding but not seen it this bad before...

The winds have just picked up also, whistling down the chimney, just had a 40 mph gust, Sounds pretty awful, time to send the dog out to investigate (Good excuse for me to also go out) !

• Like 1

Posted

Not much happening here at the moment it's raining but hardly any wind what so ever. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

-5mb in an hour? I know this graph doesn't allow for the decimals, but still... Posted Image

http://southamptonweather.co.uk/wxflashchart-day.php

I hope you're reading that wrong but I don't know, besides the largest falls should be nearer the core of the depression which is out West of Cornwall, as far as I am aware.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

House is shaking quite a bit now 70 plus here 80mph plus at the Needles just up the road from here

Posted

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker but new poster Posted Image

The rain has caused the biggest problems so far here (Mere) My whole yard is under about 10cm of water ! Prone to flooding but not seen it this bad before...

The winds have just picked up also, whistling down the chimney, just had a 40 mph gust, Sounds pretty awful, time to send the dog out to investigate (Good excuse for me to also go out) !

Welcome aboard. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Riverside Park, River Itchen

The river level at Riverside Park is 2.43 metres.

This measurement was recorded at 00:00 on 28/10/2013.

The typical river level range for this location is between 1.40 metres and 1.65 metres.

The highest river level recorded at this location is 2.07 metres and the river level reached 2.07 metres on 03/11/2005.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/riverlevels/136478.aspx?stationId=1056

Time to get my wellies on and go for a walk Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

Not much happening here at the moment it's raining but hardly any wind what so ever. 

Down here in Wellington and Taunton we had it very calm with heavy rain .Just in the last 30-40 mins or so the wind has picked up ............

983.9mb now here currently, falling at a rate of 3.3mb per hour - If that's not bombing, I don't know what is!

5.8mm/hr rainfall rates too, with 14.9mm so far from the system. Temperature has also slightly risen in the last 30 minutes..

• Like 1

Posted

how many on here are going to manage to stay up? I think I will give it another hour. Thanks to all who are still awake and posting makes for a great overview of what is going on out there. keeeeep posting.

kaz