Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just to save any confusion regarding the TIMING of the storm, see AWDs post from below for best guidance.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78026-south-west-central-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-031013-15z/?p=2818373

Also, as per earlier, please bear in mind the following.

Out of interest, I suspect the official agencies will also be monitoring the online forums for any significant news reports and consequently for any reliable data. So with that in mind, I beg you all to please continue posting as much as is feasible and keep the postings sensible.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Brilliant, John W!  Thank you very much. I will bookmark that in case I ever need it myself. I've posted to my friend's fb but it has all gone quiet so I'm hoping they have decamped to somewhere they can at least get a night's sleep without worrying about being trapped by rising floodwaters.

Posted

I was looking at it too it is a big jump are you sure a rogue badger isn't scratching its bum on the sensor or something? Posted Image

only 11.4c here at moment.

Not my data - here is the link http://www.teignmouthweather.co.uk/current.html Normally reliable though and it does feel warmer!

Posted

Wind is really picking up now, and rain rate has dropped right off. Barometer is 983.5mb and dropping at 3.2mb/hr

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Indeed! The rainfall rates seem to have relaxed though in the past 10 minutes or so... But still not seeing my 50mph gusts that are predicted for just about now!!

I have asked on t'other thread if there could be some sort of explanation for it ..........apparently in Barnstaple it is totally calm there too...........

So ,either we have escaped it or it really is calm before the storm ............have to wait and see .

Oh okay thank you AWD, I didn't see your earlier posts of the timings ......very interesting ...........

Edited by littlemissy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Not my data - here is the link http://www.teignmouthweather.co.uk/current.html Normally reliable though and it does feel warmer!

Ignore Mulls, at times his sense of humour is a bit hmmm. Anyway, 15c is what was recently reported in and around Plymouth according to weather online too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Storm? what storm? we have no wind at all. just rain. OH wait I can confirm a leaf has just fallen of a tree. Posted Image

Sorry only joking, just feeling a little smug.. I am just soo glad I am not going to be affected by this but am very sorry if people do have a few problems.

listening to all the hype on the news makes it sound like a cat 5 hurricane is arriving. Which it is NOT..

take care ....

kaz

I think it's because the centre is tracking right up over the south-west.

The winds have really picked up down on the south coast

We've got to watch out for the 'wrap around' winds from the W-NW later tonight, as the developing low continues to move NE

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I wasn't doubting it at all it is a big increase though, just lightening the mood up a bit. Posted Image

I'm going to retire I really cant hang around for this wind any longer so it will be whatever it will be I shall just set alarm half hour earlier for drive to work in case.

Windy raining and 11.5c at the moment (just started to climb) but then there is a lot of warm air associated with this depression so its bound to increase a fair bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

987mb here. Pressure dropped 10mb in 4 hours. Steady temp of 13C. Rainfall total for yesterday 35.7mm, almost all of it after 9pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

988.6 here in Reading and falling moderate rain.

Posted

I have asked on t'other thread if there could be some sort of explanation for it ..........apparently in Barnstaple it is totally calm there too...........So ,either we have escaped it or it really is calm before the storm ............have to wait and see .

Yeah, I guess calm before storm... Slight bit of wind now for me here, so am assuming you may be experiencing this as well. Not strong gusts, probably around 15mph, but there was seemingly no wind around 20 minutes ago, so maybe it's just a matter of waiting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Picking up here now, trees getting violently swung around in the wind, still raining.

Posted

I think it's because the centre is tracking right up over the south-west.

The winds have really picked up down on the south coast

We've got to watch out for the 'wrap around' winds from the W-NW later tonight, as the developing low continues to move NE

yeah my thoughts exactly. But to be honest over the last few days it has been really  windy, now it calmer than it has been. i bet the sea over your way will look great tomorrow.. I am in Landkey so even more sheltered here as down in the valley. 

nice to see someone else from north devon on here :)

will stay up for a few hours so we wait and see.

kaz  

Posted

986.2mb now, 987.1mb just ten minutes ago. All of this from 989.8mb at 11pm. It's as good as bombing chaps n chapesses, so it's time to brace yourself in the soon to be impacted areas.

• Like 3

Posted

yeah my thoughts exactly. But to be honest over the last few days it has been really  windy, now it calmer than it has been. i bet the sea over your way will look great tomorrow.. I am in Landkey so even more sheltered here as down in the valley. 

nice to see someone else from north devon on here Posted Image

will stay up for a few hours so we wait and see.

kaz  

I have a caravan situated in Landkey. Lovely place. Hope my caravan is ok.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Pretty much no wind or rain here now in Somerset!!! When's this storm gunna arrive???

"@fergieweather: W COUNTRY Just to reiterate that for likes of #Bristol, #Bath, N #Somerset & #M4 corridor, winds will strengthen later on (3-6am) from W/NW."
  • Like 1

Posted

993.5hPa at 10pm

989.0hPa at 12am

4.5hPa drop in 2 hours

falling more rapidly in the last 20 minutes and the rain is increasing

Posted

I have a caravan situated in Landkey. Lovely place. Hope my caravan is ok.

we have no problems here very very calm, just having lots of rain but we are used to that. No storm here very quiet. And yes it is a great place :)

Seems that the winds are picking up in a lot of places now, and pressure still falling very rapidly.

Sky News reporting Met Office have warned of 92mph winds tomorrow morning along the south east coast... How much do they expect this to bomb? Posted Image