Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Out of interest, I suspect the official agencies will also be monitoring the online forums for any significant news reports and consequently for any reliable data. So with that in mind, I beg you all to please continue posting as much as is feasible and keep the postings sensible.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Heavy rain still and the wind just starting to pick up ,but v mild .Hope everyone stays safe tonight.

PS Jay Wynne on bbc news channel has just said (and it differed from the 10.30 one) that gusts of 70 mph and 80 mph could be expected and it could intensify ......but he didn't seem to be area specific.(sorry)

Edited by littlemissy

Posted

Local weather station is saying winds of 2mph. Gotta feeling this is gonna creep up on us here.

where are you Decee?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of Snow

980.6  -2.8 mb/hr temp 13.7 rising =0.9 hr wind picking up .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

989mb , 28mm rain, now im off out to find some fun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Loving the links tonight, Thanks all.

8.8mm now so far got off lightly with rainfall here in Newbury.

989.8mb at 11pm, was 992mb at 10pm. AT up 0.6c in about last 1/2 hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Wind really starting to pick up now, also still raining heavily, currently had total of 34.2mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

All this rain won't help the trees when/if the wind really kicks in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

Really picking up here ! Roads are flooding I'm on the bottom of Portland right next to chesil beach x

Posted

All this rain won't help the trees when/if the wind really kicks in

Yeh think there will be alot going over, there are floods all over the place out there tonight! The Drains are not coping! Pressure dropping

-3.1 now, thats impressive!

Edited by Rapodo

Posted

Looking at the rain radar, I would have expected to see a lot more rain than I have done...

Are the high winds expected after the rain or what is the pattern here?  TBH I am quite very disappointed so far.  Gonna phone a friend who was also looking forward to a bit of excitement...

(or am I being presumptuous and the best is yet to come?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I think the center of the Low is currently 50 or so miles of off Lands End.

I think it should look more like a nasty comma shape on the meto 23:00 and 00:00 sat.

Raining heavy and moderate as it wishes and a reasonable dismasting sort of gale is blowing now.

All hatches battened, etc, etc....

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the rain radar, I would have expected to see a lot more rain than I have done...

Are the high winds expected after the rain or what is the pattern here?  TBH I am quite very disappointed so far.  Gonna phone a friend who was also looking forward to a bit of excitement...

(or am I being presumptuous and the best is yet to come?)

The best/worst is definitely yet to come. Check AWDs posts and OMMs from earlier for further analysis. The main event with regard to winds is only starting to kick in across the far SW as I type.

From the professional's perspective they will be looking into the potential for the explosive cyclogenesis element i.e. bombing from here on in.

Bedtime reading

It is now a case of us being careful what we wish for.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

***Tamar Bridge closed to high sided vehicles, caravns and motorbikes. 71mph gusts there.

ALL THE LAST INFO HERE... http://www.cciweather.co.uk ***

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

To those calling it a bust/forecasts wrong etc... The strong winds were ALWAYS predicted to hit during the small hours and into the morning rush hour.

• Like 5