Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

But it's not expected to hit us for a couple more hours yet..

Indeed the media don't even listen to their own weather forecasters. Posted Image It annoys me so I stay glued to updates from netweather instead, more reliable and in real-time. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

yup picked up here in hayle too wind really building energy now just been out in it securing tarp for rabbit hutch not very nice

Take it steady, but keep the reports coming if you can.

Posted

According to http://www.xcweather.co.uk it is broadly gale force winds up the English Channel at current time, recently Portland received a gust of 55mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Yep the wind has picked up here too. Definite change here at dousland south Dartmoor as well. Had been really quiet!

Posted

I don't think you'll get anything too exciting this far inland at my patch (Newbury, Berkshire) but you never know.

http://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapid_Fire.swf?units=metric&station=IWESTBER2

http://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapid_Fire.swf?units=metric&station=IWESTBER2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

hmm, there is a scaffold that is covered in that white cloth at Sandbanks and it was ripping when I went down earlier this afternoon, I cant see it surviving the night! I'll find out soon as I'm heading down that way.

I for one, will be keeping my distance from the Sea, NOT to be messed with ever in stormy conditions!

Pressure dropping fast here, 990mb now.

25.7mm of rain so far today.

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

According to http://www.xcweather.co.uk it is broadly gale force winds up the English Channel at current time, recently Portland received a gust of 55mph.

55mph gust Isles of Scilly now. Here she blows.

Posted

hmm, there is a scaffold that is covered in that white cloth at Sandbanks and it was ripping when I went down earlier this afternoon, I cant see it surviving the night! I'll find out soon as I'm heading down that way.

I for one, will be keeping my distance from the Sea, NOT to be messed with ever in stormy conditions!

You watch yourself Karlos. Posted Image Take a camera with you and a handheld anemometer if you got one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of Snow

Fairly impressive yes but nothing to start worrying the MetO yet I guess, but should it go above -3 mb per hour, that would be rather scary.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78293-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-271013-1730z/?p=2819094

I suspect it could breach the threshold but that wouldn't be until its as good as cleared the mainland, i.e. out of our region towards the East and SE.

The wind isn't the only issue tonight, as bad as it is but flooding may well be another problem for commuters to cope with throughout tomorrow.

mines dropping at -2.7mb /hr

Posted

Wind's really getting up here now along with torrential rain. Pressure dropping like a stone at -3mb/.hr. Near Plymouth. Wind gusting at 56mph.

http://landrakemotoparc.com/weather/index.htm

http://landrakemotoparc.com/weather/CumulusRealtime.html  ( You need Microsoft Silverlight installed to see it in real time)

Edited by UKMoto
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Mines dropped from 996 at 5.30 to 987 now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

You watch yourself Karlos. Posted Image Take a camera with you and a handheld anemometer if you got one.

I don't have a handheld unfortunately, I'll be sure to be cautious, will certainly take photo's and vids.

• Like 1

Posted
Posted

991mb here; -1.7 hPa/hr

light rain and very still. much less wind than at any time today. we are in the slack area