Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Brittany buoy, although probably to the rear of the depression is currently reporting 30ft wave heights and 40.2mph sustained winds. Posted Image  Not forgetting the developing system is likely to enter into explosive cyclogenesis mode only as it crosses the mainland, if it even does so.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well its wet and breezy outside but still nothing out of the ordinary I wonder if we will get anything of note overnight, its confusing when you look at storm thread and see all downgrades from many people saying only south east to see damaging winds etc and on other hand I see no down grades from the professionals yet.. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm not too sure because the track of the low Netweather show on that image and the position of the low currently on satellite imagery already differ a little to me.

As you say though, only time will tell. Posted Image

Sorry AWD, I was referring to the maximum wind strengths not the track. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Well its wet and breezy outside but still nothing out of the ordinary I wonder if we will get anything of note overnight, its confusing when you look at storm thread and see all downgrades from many people saying only south east to see damaging winds etc and on other hand I see no down grades from the professionals yet.. Posted Image

Yes it will be very windy, maybe nothing terribly unusual BUT as projected all along, akin to what OMM was saying earlier, the SE and E parts should likely see the worst of the system. The uncanny thing and rather worrying as well is that this could coincide with the busy commuter period. Posted Image

Posted

989 -2mb in 36 mins

991.8mb here in Newbury now, was 994.3mb at 9pm. Pressure tendencies of 2-3mb per hour are not to be taken lightly.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

More train delays for those who may be commuting by First Great Western tomorrow morning;

http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/TravelInfo/Severe-Weather-Warning-27-28-October

Posted

Incidentally the 9pm reading of 988.9 mb at Sevenstones Lightship equated to a drop of -7.8 mb, over 3 hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

laughable the news, live reports, his hair was not even blowing!!!

But it's not expected to hit us for a couple more hours yet..

post-19770-0-30151100-1382911841_thumb.j

Edited by George
  • Like 1

Posted

yup picked up here in hayle too wind really building energy now just been out in it securing tarp for rabbit hutch not very nice

• Like 1

Posted

991.8mb here in Newbury now, was 994.3mb at 9pm. Pressure tendencies of 2-3mb per hour are not to be taken lightly.

Yes, mine are taken from a professional weather station (University of Plymouth) so pretty reliable

• Like 1

Posted

wind has died down as of late, and light rain at the moment, nothing of note in prestbury cheltenham just yet.

Posted

2.2mb drop here last hour, wind now increasing, temperature shot up a degree in last few mins

Posted

Sungirl,

The depression's air pressure is expected to fall between 1 and 2mb per hour across our region. Should the falls start to approach 3mb per hour then that would be deemed a "BOMBING" low or depression. Posted Image  Broadly speaking, it seems to sticking to the original prediction for now.

GTLTW I had 996 at 8.45pm and now, at 10.15 I have 993 and still dropping (like a stone it would seem)

What does that mean? (amateur but interested in learning more!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest from Ian;

"W COUNTRY UPDATE 2200GMT Latest in a few mins on @bbcpointswest with improved (of sorts) prognosis: lesser gusts generally; mostly 40-60mph. So gale to severe gale strength generally; locally storm force; impact very variable across region. Amber warning remains. Winds will first pick-up Lyme Bay / #Dorset / S #Somerset very quickly later tonight. Later these ease; by 5am stronger in N."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

W COUNTRY CONTD So gale to severe gale strength generally; locally storm force; impact very variable across region. Amber warning remains.

W COUNTRY CONTD Winds will first pick-up Lyme Bay / #Dorset / S #Somerset very quickly later tonight. Later these ease; by 5am stronger in N

W COUNTRY UPDATE 2200GMT Latest in a few mins on @bbcpointswest with improved (of sorts) prognosis: lesser gusts generally; mostly 40-60mph

Edited by Mark N
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Heavy rain here in Alton, Hampshire.  Winds increasing in last hour.  Barometer 992.2mb. Temp 12.4C. RH 97%

Posted

GTLTW I had 996 at 8.45pm and now, at 10.15 I have 993 and still dropping (like a stone it would seem)

What does that mean? (amateur but interested in learning more!)

Fairly impressive yes but nothing to start worrying the MetO yet I guess, but should it go above -3 mb per hour, that would be rather scary.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78293-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-271013-1730z/?p=2819094

I suspect it could breach the threshold but that wouldn't be until its as good as cleared the mainland, i.e. out of our region towards the East and SE.

The wind isn't the only issue tonight, as bad as it is but flooding may well be another problem for commuters to cope with throughout tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

992.8mb on isle of wight. - 5.5mb per 3hrs