Sign in to follow this  
Skullzrulerz

Possible Storm This Weekend Discussion

Winds picking up here in Swindon, though the max gust so far has only been 32mph.

My poor greenhouse is taking a battering, another pane of glass blown off and smashed. Winds picked up past 30 mins or so.

New Mills (Derbyshire) fireworks event has been cancelled due to the forecast, just waiting to see wether my own village event will follow the same idea of hosting it again a week from now.

Listening Shrewsbury T V Blades rather funny to hear a gust on the radio and the same time a gust here in full snyc. Edging upwards now 44 mph

on my way to Portrcawl in south wales to stay in a caravan tonight, just been told there's already some trees down Posted Image

Wind's really picked up here this afternoon. Nothing I haven't seen before though.

Last night's fog disappeared pretty quickly!

Impressive figures in South Wales.

60 gust 76mph Pembrey Sands.

66 gust 84mph Mumbles

84mph just recorded on Mumbles head. Severn bridge now closed to all traffic, trees coming down everywhere. 

• Like 1

No this storm has not been under warned... this time of year this is pretty common  

Trees are down as I have been told today by a Gardner because the top foot of soil is sodden, but the roots are in very dry earth giving them hardly anything to push them over 

Edited by Surrey

No this storm has not been under warned... this time of year this is pretty common  

It's not that common, we've not had a gale like this for at least 10 years?

Bigger gusts so far today (in terms of surface area) than with the 'Jude' storm a week ago, seriously underplayed imho as the worst of the gradient is yet to cross into Wales nevermind central and northern England later on in the evening.

• Like 2

66 gusting 84mph at Mumbles Head!

Dropped back a bit at 'Buoy 62023' now which I assume is the same one as Kinsale Energy which was reported earlier, as it was reporting 75 knots/86mph gusts.

I notice it always seems report higher than others and be the one to watch though, not sure if the anemometer above the standard 10m above sea level

Some webcams from Swansea Bay and the Gower here http://www.gowerlive.co.uk/

They do look a bit stormy, people keep changing the view but quite a few surfers out at Langland despite hurricane force gusts on the headlands with Mumbles head just up the road. I presume there must be some shelter in the bay there.

• Like 1

Posted Image

This is a prefect sum up of what I was told this morning :)

This is a prefect sum up of what I was told this morning Posted Image

South Wales

Edited by 124alex
  • Like 1

on my way to Portrcawl in south wales to stay in a caravan tonight, just been told there's already some trees down Posted Image

They have also warned people to stay off the Pier at Porthcawl as waves are coming over the wall.

Winds now 84mph at Mumbles.

Edited by J10

A huge gust and crash here, think the neighbours fence has gone, leaves flying everywhere.

It took the Met Office until 4am to issue only a yellow warning for this??

Anyone got that surface pressure map the live one?