Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible Storm This Weekend Discussion

Skullzrulerz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

GFS has it deepest (965mb) ECM (985mb) and UKMO (980mb)

GFS has the centre of the low over Scotland

Posted Image

ECM and UKMO have the centre a lot further south

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

It looks like there could be a LOW nearly as deep as this one heading into England, tonight. Luckily, I'll be in SW England for this one instead of calm, boring Cheshire. :rofl:

Tonigjt ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Tonigjt ?

Notice his posting time/date (27th Oct), so William's reference to "tonight" was meaning last night. :)

Going on-topic, I'm surprised the weather on TV haven't mentioned anything about this they're just saying stuff like "back to normal" / "calm" later this week. :/

• Like 1

Posted

Notice his posting time/date (27th Oct), so William's reference to "tonight" was meaning last night. :)   Going on-topic, I'm surprised the weather on TV haven't mentioned anything about this they're just saying stuff like "back to normal" / "calm" later this week. :/

Oops.. yes i know they said sunshine and scattered showers for the rest of tje week.

Posted

Oops.. yes i know they said sunshine and scattered showers for the rest of tje week.

They probably thought it unwise to mention another storm before this one had finished - joe public wouldn't like it !

• Like 1

Posted

They probably thought it unwise to mention another storm before this one had finished - joe public wouldn't like it !

you are quite right :)Off out now shopping and bills see u all later :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Wow that is what I call this a beast! ^^

Edited by pip22

Posted

Notice his posting time/date (27th Oct), so William's reference to "tonight" was meaning last night. Posted Image

Going on-topic, I'm surprised the weather on TV haven't mentioned anything about this they're just saying stuff like "back to normal" / "calm" later this week. :/

Glad you cleared that one up, thought it was a bit odd no one was talking about it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hopefully GFS is just having it's usual mess around with over playing low pressure in FL, unfortunately though there is some support in other models but I think they are slightly weaker, hence further south. So looks like we need to watch and see what develops, I'm hoping the whole thing is dropped, last night was more than enough.

Posted

lets pray that the dartboard low is wrong for the 3rd Nov, otherwise not ramping that is seriously destructive at 945mb!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,wind, heat and thunderstorms

From met office outlook

Stay unsettled this weekend with showers or longer spells of rain sweeping northwards, with heavy and squally showers following. Remaining windy with a risk of gales and a chance of severe gales on some coasts.

Metfy have posted a blog on next weekend. Obviously more of a feature for the Irish Sea communities this time.

Initial thoughts for me are this could be worse than just recent as regards impact area. Like parts of the Channel, areas of the Irish Sea magnify the speed just before it crosses land. 

It feels we always get a repeat a week later of any extreme weather event that I've noticed over the years. Once upon a time we used to get regular windy systems in our region every year especially in the 80's and 90's of gusts up to 70/80mph. Now it's either because I'm older or times have changed but there seems to be more 'spice' added to the forecasts. Still non the less being able to learn more about these systems especially sooner is a privilege. 

Finally, my sincere thoughts go out to those who suffered last night and I hope thats the last we hear of this for a while. It takes the excitement out of these events when people, especially children are hurt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

GFS has it deepest (965mb) ECM (985mb) and UKMO (980mb)

GFS has the centre of the low over Scotland

Posted Image

ECM and UKMO have the centre a lot further south

Posted Image

Posted Image

I probably put a good bet on the Euro models being right here. I think this is a non starter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I probably put a good bet on the Euro models being right here. I think this is a non starter.

Yet I believe according to John Holmes the GFS picked today's storm first and was the first to lessen it's impact on I think the 18z on Saturday night. We shall see, no doubt another rollercoaster up until the last minute, this is just like snow watch.

• Like 2

Posted

Yet I believe according to John Holmes the GFS picked today's storm first and was the first to lessen it's impact on I think the 18z on Saturday night. We shall see, no doubt another rollercoaster up until the last minute, this is just like snow watch.

I did say it was the 18z run on Saturday that first picked up the lessening effect of the storm NOT that it was the first to pick up the storm. Indeed not keeping charts I have no idea which model first ran CONSISTENTLY with this-anyone able to help?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I did say it was the 18z run on Saturday that first picked up the lessening effect of the storm NOT that it was the first to pick up the storm. Indeed not keeping charts I have no idea which model first ran CONSISTENTLY with this-anyone able to help?

Is there no archive charts for other model runs on meteoclel?, I am sure there is for the GFS?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Apologies John, I thought you mentioned it being first on both occasions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

It looks look like the first week in November could be a stormy one. .

Some monsters showing up on the GEFS.

Posted Image

Wow. Last night was pretty exciting, but that chart is just mental!

Not too many people are gonna want to see something like that forming near our shores, the UK will be ripped to shreds Posted Image

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windstorm, Thunderstorm, Heavy Squally, Blustery Winds

What is the named of the storm in the next weekend that we are very important to get a prepared for the safety at the early warnings! Be more aware if it? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Is it strange that this far out almost every model is showing the same kind of story?

A well developed / slightly developed low, sat over some area of the UK.

I know the track and intensity will change 100 times before next weekend, but each model is showing the same kind of LPS, is this common?

Edited by Essex Easterly.