Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible Storm This Weekend Discussion

Skullzrulerz

Posted

For many of us further north who got absolutely nothing from today's storm, something interesting this weekend wouldn't go amiss, at least in my opinion. I don't think we had a gust over 30mph here.

• Like 2

Posted

For many of us further north who got absolutely nothing from today's storm, something interesting this weekend wouldn't go amiss, at least in my opinion. I don't think we had a gust over 30mph here.

Absolutely non event up here . I no the storm path was down south but the sheer mass media saying uk worst storm were right of the mark it was a southern only event bring on the weekend for us up north
  • Like 1

Posted

Absolutely non event up here . I no the storm path was down south but the sheer mass media saying uk worst storm were right of the mark it was a southern only event bring on the weekend for us up north

Yea I agree with you, I though we may have had some wind/decent rain but turned out to be just a normal mamchester day so hoping this storm does happen a bit further north and I think some Southen based posters would be happy if it is confined to the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

I don't think the MO will be so keen on their early warnings this time around, but it definitely looks interesting!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Certainly a non event here but it was never forecast to be any different.

A couple of hours of heavy rain became a few more hours of heavy showers and quite gusty winds at times but nothing like down south. 

To be honest it was windier yesterday.

As for the possible weekend storm, purely from a selfish point of view i want it to either miss us completely or at least not coincide with me flying off on holiday on Sunday morning.

After that it can do what it wants for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Posted

There will be a new THREAD for this weekend storm.That will be TBA Soon closer to the time.

Edit:Wednesday/Thursday.

Edit Part 2 I mean thread sorry. Posted Image

Edited by ajpoolshark
much easier on the eyes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

There will be a new forum for this weekend storm.That will be TBA Soon closer to the time.

Edit:Wednesday/Thursday. 

This storm gets it's own forum!

Hell the last one just got a few threads to post in.

Must be big!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

This storm gets it's own forum!

Hell the last one just got a few threads to post in.

Must be big!

I don't know, we are not above size 48 on the font size yet Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

So, and I do not wish to come across as rude etc, but the non event forecast for you was a non event then?

Certainly a non event here but it was never forecast to be any different.

A couple of hours of heavy rain became a few more hours of heavy showers and quite gusty winds at times but nothing like down south. 

To be honest it was windier yesterday.

As for the possible weekend storm, purely from a selfish point of view i want it to either miss us completely or at least not coincide with me flying off on holiday on Sunday morning.

After that it can do what it wants for a couple of weeks.

Far too many have moaned they wanted 4 horsemen, some locusts and the sun to explode mid afternoon and all whilst they were still able to see the bigboobiesandsurf websites, perspective is sometimes lost methinks, I am happy you had a non event as that meant you had no issues in your locality that were no dreadful and no lives lost.

Hope your weather days are eventful but not or never life challenging Posted Image

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Not another storm! this one was horrendous for the NW Midlands, rain at times, and everyone stayed in, town empty because of warnings I assume

Posted

Not another storm! this one was horrendous for the NW Midlands, rain at times, and everyone stayed in, town empty because of warnings I assume

It was the opposite of what you have described

Posted

I Also agre that it was GEM to first consistently bring last nights storm to everyones attention. I think the big 3 all hopped on board about the same time then GEM jumped ship (typical)

Has anyone got any info on what went wrong with the jet stream forecast, it was this that slowed the development down and downgraded it slightly in the early hours sat.

Edited by Snow and storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

oh yes, love a good storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

So, and I do not wish to come across as rude etc, but the non event forecast for you was a non event then?

Far too many have moaned they wanted 4 horsemen, some locusts and the sun to explode mid afternoon and all whilst they were still able to see the bigboobiesandsurf websites, perspective is sometimes lost methinks, I am happy you had a non event as that meant you had no issues in your locality that were no dreadful and no lives lost.

Hope your weather days are eventful but not or never life challenging Posted Image

Sorry for whatever nerve i've touched there Jax.

The point I tried to make was, funnily enough the one you highlighted in that our part of the world was never expected to get the storm on the same scale as areas further south and then bang on cue we didn't.

That's not sour grapes on my part and if it appeared so then I apologise if i've offended anyone.

Met O and others got it spot on for my region and I for one am glad that they did as if you think that watching others suffering death, injury and major financial loss made me green with envy then you couldn't be further from the truth.

Cold, snow, blizzards float my boat; gales you can keep thank you.

There may be some on here on here who are genuinely peed off at missing out on an "exciting" weather event but i'm certainly not one of them.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

To be brutally honest, I wouldn't take high-and-mighty, holier-than-thou posts by the likes of Jax too seriously. I'm hoping we get the mother of all storms, to rival the ones we experienced in the winter of 1989-1990. I guess that makes me a cold, selfish and uncaring person - oh well. I'll let those high on their horse judge me if they so choose!

Just a shame the monster low portrayed by the GFS earlier has all but vanished.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 4

Posted

Look at that Jetstreak near 72 hours.

ECMWF has a few ensembles going for a real severe storm to come out from it at around 96hrs, but only about a 20% chance. Then more storm

potential at around 120/132hrs.

Very volatile period ahead.

Posted Image

------------------

I just look at that low at 1010hPa in northwest of the Azores and that Jetstream and get a little concerned. Latest GFS or operational runs don't ignite it. But it wouldn't take much.

Posted Image

Edited by Matty M
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

To be brutally honest, I wouldn't take high-and-mighty, holier-than-thou posts by the likes of Jax too seriously. I'm hoping we get the mother of all storms, to rival the ones we experienced in the winter of 1989-1990. I guess that makes me a cold, selfish and uncaring person - oh well. I'll let those high on their horse judge me if they so choose!

Just a shame the monster low portrayed by the GFS earlier has all but vanished.

I agree, the fact is the last thread wouldn't have been worth having without an appetite for severe weather, it would have been more like the Met Office twitter page but with a bit more technical input offered!

Posted

Well i know its early days, but if this does materialise, would it be considered another all South coast event, or would we be seeing some gales further north?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yh just seen it on the paper review, Madden up to his tricks again he says Britain to be hit by an onslaught of storms, He is bound to get one right one day.

• Like 1

Posted

lots of the ensembles going with this low for the weekend track and pressure obviously a little scattered but the trend is there.

All of the models have a low in the Atlantic to our west or northwest on Saturday. Whether or not it's an intense low on a track to impact somewhere remains to be seen. Another couple of days of model runs required.

• Like 2