Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible Storm This Weekend Discussion

Skullzrulerz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I think it is fairly reasonable to assume that as we get closer to the event the current storms showing for next weekend and then next week will downgrade. A 945mb storm such as the one shown on the GEFS chart above would be horrendous for anyone in its path. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I think it is fairly reasonable to assume that as we get closer to the event the current storms showing for next weekend and then next week will downgrade. A 945mb storm such as the one shown on the GEFS chart above would be horrendous for anyone in its path. 

Bring it on I say. This stale, boring weather round these parts has outstayed its welcome.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

What is the named of the storm in the next weekend that we are very important to get a prepared for the safety at the early warnings! Be more aware if it? Posted Image

ERM????????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

What is the named of the storm in the next weekend that we are very important to get a prepared for the safety at the early warnings! Be more aware if it? Posted Image

I think it may be a little early to be naming a storm/issuing warnings for a storm that is essentially still in FI. Although I fully expect the Daily Mail in the morning to be onto this with something like "mega st jude storm just the starter to the weekend main" or "killer storm to shift the UK into Asia" :D

Posted

Anyone remember Ryan the Dutch Weatherman ........

#justsaying

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'd really love another storm, but I'd also really like a fireworks party.

Do you reckon a Netweather letter to the weather gods and some free cake would get them to move it to Sunday evening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hmm the GFS is floundering here and differs substantially from the UKMO at 4 days out.  UKMO looks near identical to it's mornings run. It could throw another deep low at the south.

Ok this is not looking good

Posted Image

In the end it isn't that bad. Just wet and rather windy

Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

GFS doesn't look as bad as this mornings runs

Posted Image

Compared to the 00z

Posted Image

UKMO still going for 980mb

Posted Image

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

At the moment nothing to be concerned about yet from this particular one, looking at the 12Z GFS, UKMO and GEM there is fairly good agreement on a low entering the North Atlantic in a few days time, but low confidence in terms of track and intensity after that point.

Edited by radiohead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windstorm, Thunderstorm, Heavy Squally, Blustery Winds

I'm totally agreed with you but Jude would be a major storm to be looked forward at the next weekend. St Jude would be very serious storm for this weekend or just next week. It would be a little bit of early at that stages.

I think it may be a little early to be naming a storm/issuing warnings for a storm that is essentially still in FI. Although I fully expect the Daily Mail in the morning to be onto this with something like "mega st jude storm just the starter to the weekend main" or "killer storm to shift the UK into Asia" :D

Edited by Storm Track

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Guy Fawke's Storm I'm guessing? It be a good name for a storm which blow away Houses of Parliament. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windstorm, Thunderstorm, Heavy Squally, Blustery Winds

We have now been already to using the naming of St Jude. Haha storm will blown things away from the Houses of Parliament just maybe a good ideas lol

Guy Fawke's Storm I'm guessing? It be a good name for a storm which blow away Houses of Parliament. Posted Image

Edited by Storm Track

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

We have now been already to using the naming of St Jude. 

I know that since last Friday. But this weekend is more closer to Bonfire Night. St Jude Storm is the one that just went this Morning.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Posted Image Deleted.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

I did say it was the 18z run on Saturday that first picked up the lessening effect of the storm NOT that it was the first to pick up the storm. Indeed not keeping charts I have no idea which model first ran CONSISTENTLY with this-anyone able to help?

I'm not 100% john but i think it was the GEM that first spotted it correct me if im wrong

Posted

I'm not 100% john but i think it was the GEM that first spotted it correct me if im wrong

you may well be correct, I have no idea; but what really would be interesting is which model first kept it as such a feature for much of last week. Anyone any ideas. The Fax charts ran with it from T+120 hours but what about actual weather models?

Posted

What of course is needed is continuity with each model, something not really there at the moment. Until that is shown then confidence in the actual position/depth/even date will remain low.

There is absolutely no doubt at all that the upper air pattern is very conducive over the next 2 weeks for deep lows to approach the country, mainly the north but it is a possibility for one to move further south, as we have already seen.

• Like 1