Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

Coast

Posted

Data coming out does suggest a squall line is developing, just in time for rush hour in SE. An interesting couple of hours to come here. Looks like gusts here reached 75 mph so far - no signs of significant damage outside yet though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

The island has so many road closure, everytime I think "right I shall go this way home" I then get an update of another road closure..The wind gusts are worse now then earlier before, we have power cables down blocking roads..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Eerily quiet here now, gentle rain. Pressure back up to 889 from 883.

most might need the 9 back in front. Or you ll be scaring us all 988 h pa :)

The island has so many road closure, everytime I think "right I shall go this way home" I then get an update of another road closure..The wind gusts are worse now then earlier before, we have power cables down blocking roads..

good to get some 'in the thick of it' reports ta
  • Like 3

Posted

most might need the 9 back in front. Or you ll be scaring us all 988 h pa Posted Image

good to get some 'in the thick of it' reports ta

Good Morning Jo, a real pleasure to be posting to you. May I ask, will there be a big squall in the SE soon? 

Posted

Sounds as if IOW has been worst hit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Well woke up at 6am and Max gust for my local station is 27mph. Nowhere near what was forecast so it sounds like the S coast and central/eastern areas have and still is taking a battering.

Posted

Update

Gust of 99 miles per hour have been recorded at the Needles Battery this morning and trees have fallen near Cowelease hill, Yarmouth road, Shorwell Shute, Tescos Roundabout, Forest Road, Beaper Shute, Mersley Lane, Forest Road,  Calbourne MIddle Road, Afton Road, Briddlesford Road , Newport Road, Lake and Sandford Garage. The council's roads team are clearing these areas.

A power cable has fallen at the Blacksmith Arms on the Middle Road, the Road has been closed, but Burnt House Lane remains open.

Red Funnel and Hovertravel have suspended all services until further notice this morning.

Wightlink has suspended the Yarmouth/Lymington service but a coach service will be taking passengers from Yarmouth to Fishbourne at 7am where they can transfer their tickets, and the Fastcat passenger service has been cancelled. Islandline SUSPENDED due to overhead powerline down on tracks, Islandline services delayed due to trees on track at Brading

The Environment Agency has issued a flood alert for Monktonmead Brook in Ryde.

Posted

The latest gusts here show that the worst of it is still over the West Country at the moment with Lyneham (well inland) topping the gust list at 77mph.  I'd say the UKMO have managed the rack of this pretty well, timing was closer to reality 3 days ago when it looked as though it was a Monday morning event rather than Sunday night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Strong gusts here currently, but hopefully will ease soon. Looking out a short-time ago was not fun, got to head out to work soon.. Lights have been flickering a while back, just showing signs of how strong the gusts are. Currently Heavy Rain, 12.2c, 25mph, gusting 48mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Good Morning Jo, a real pleasure to be posting to you. May I ask, will there be a big squall in the SE soon? 

Yes, 60- 70mph gusts on way, still logging in so not quite up to speed

• Like 1

Posted

New thread coming in a moment!

Posted

Constant weather reports coming from people all over island..will fill you in later..have to try and find a way home from work..

Am signing of and will be taking it steady getting home

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 1