Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Coast

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

Im indoors trying to work lol...and with no intention of going out, well apart from the odd smoke..roll on 8am when I finish work :)

Edited by Cyclonic

92mph reported at Needles, from the official Met Office Twitter feed.

Occasional 70+ here atm  over the otherside of the hill however its 92 alright I can hear it and the sea...

Edited by Rustynailer

Seems to be very far south to me at the moment. Could strengthen and turn left, but radar looks very far south compared with forecasts...

Is there now a chance of NE ENG being hit by the storm? heard a few mentions of warnings being upgraded

Occasional 70+ here atm  over the otherside of the hill however its 93 alright I can hear it and the sea...

Blimey. Hope you guys near the sea stay safe!

I wonder if our friends in the Channel Isles are on tonight? They must be getting battered.

Taken from https://www.facebook.com/ukweatherforecast?fref=ts

Confirmed report; Gust of 93mph (Needles isle of wight). The center of the low pressure system is just off the North coast of Cornwall. The pressure continues to drop and isobars will really start to tighten. At the moment the storm is certainly packing a punch for the beginning of it. We are keeping an eye on extremely strong winds across parts of East Anglia as the low pressure moves in to the North Sea this afternoon.

For much of the South expect some very stormy weather during this morning. The strongest winds will extend east throughout the morning. 

I've just got back from St Albans head, i would have stayed longer but it was getting seriously dangerous. I had a 74mph gust on my anemometer, with sustained well above 45mph, i haven't experienced anything like it for a long time! Anybody knocking it should have swapped shoes with me, it's crazy! I've just got home, rainfall has topped 33mm and flooding everywhere, justified warnings in my opinion!

I wish I went home. I don't think this caravan can last Posted Image

Get in your car, less likely to blow over.

don't know what you guys are talking about just had the dogs out and there aint a breath of wind Posted Image

Whats Sussex, Kent, East Anglia 

I mean that I think a line from Southampton to the Wash is going to see the worst of the wind. But what do I know!

Blowing a hoolie on Southsea seafront:

http://www.camscape.com/view/34670

I remember driving along the front in Southsea in an Austin Maxi car, (That dates me!) It was a force 10 gale and the front of the car kept lifting off the ground despite the heavy engine, it was a front wheel drive so no fun with no traction!

Wahay, only so interested as I'm in West Sussex myself. Anybody got any idea on how bad it will be?

don't know what you guys are talking about just had the dogs out and there aint a breath of wind Posted Image

I won't deny, it's rough as old boots here, but where i've just been, i had plenty of sphincter clenching moments, glad to be back home, although it's not much better here. :lol:

Where's Jay? I want snow reports!

I won't deny, it's rough as old boots here, but where i've just been, i had plenty of sphincter clenching moments, glad to be back home, although it's not much better here. Posted Image

I Can well imagine!! Its awful here, the rain alone has been impressive to say the least but the gusts now are really kicking in, going outside, the sound is quite immense!!